RCT- Design Competition

sees_all1

Holy Necro Batman!

Changing this competition up again.

Rollercoaster may be from up to RCT2.

[hide=This includes:]

RollerCoaster Tycoon (1999)

Expansion CorkScrew Follies (aka Added Attractions) (1999)

Expansion Loopy Landscapes (2000)

Compilation RollerCoaster Tycoon: Gold (aka Totally RollerCoaster) (2002); Includes original game and both expansions

Compilation RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe (2003); Includes original game and both expansions with more designs for the different customizable rides

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (2002)

Expansions and sequels by Frontier:

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Expansion Wacky Worlds (2003)

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Expansion Time Twister (2003)

Compilation RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Combo Park Pack (2003); Includes original game and Wacky Worlds expansion

Compilation RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack (aka Totally RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (2004); Includes original game and both expansions

[/hide]

[hide=This does not include]

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 (2004)

Expansion Soaked! (2005)

Expansion Wild! (2005)

Compilation RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Gold (2005); Includes original game and Soaked! expansion

Compilation RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum (aka RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Deluxe Edition) (2006); Includes original game and both expansions

[/hide]

Screenshot(s) must include the entire track, along with the name of the rollercoaster visible on the ride entrance.

Score for this competition is the excitement rating.

Rollercoaster must be submitted before the week ends - by 11:59::59 GMT on Saturday.

Good luck.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your killing me with no RCT3 man (its the only one I have). And excitement rating is a good pick for scoring. It's easy to build a pants shitting vomet-comet, but its a lot harder to make one that people will actually enjoy. Something I noticed, and I assume this can apply to the previous ones, is that sometimes if you slow down a roller coaster it goes from pants crapping instanity that would cause an average human to black out multiple times, to a super fun thrill ride (or at least it will change the ratings enough to get people to go on it).

I bought RCT3 because you talked about it... it's completely different. You should buy RCT2 for yucks.... it's like $10 on Amazon.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Yeah, and it would probably be really unfair to have RCT 3's up against 1 and 2's, because I think there are a lot more features (could you even do banking in RCT 2?). I don't play RCT 3 enough to really justify having it, let alone paying money for S&G's on a previous version. Perhaps we could run two competitions and allow RCT3's to enter in their own category? I might even make some videos.

Only think about the coaster cam is it doesn't do them justice. I'm all like, I would ride that and then I see the peak lateral g's are in the 8's and I'm all like, huh, maybe not. Part of it is getting the banking right.

I think RCT3 might use different sums to wor out the excitement/scariness levels etc. I'm downloading rct2 again just to load up my saves and look at my levels.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• 2 weeks later...

Had too much work to do to get involved in this. This thread always comes up when i have assignments.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^