Is America a greedy country?

angel_mage

America isn't greedy. Our gov't just does what any wise gov't would do. Sometimes we have to set aside our values for our best interests.

Our government is far from wise. They care more about money than our interests, believe me. That being said, AMERICA isn't greedy, AMERICA'S GOVERNMENT is greedy.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America isn't greedy. Our gov't just does what any wise gov't would do. Sometimes we have to set aside our values for our best interests.

Our government is far from wise. They care more about money than our interests, believe me. That being said, AMERICA isn't greedy, AMERICA'S GOVERNMENT is greedy.

What evidence supports your assertion?

What evidence supports your assertion?

My assertion of the US government being corrupt? You know what, I will withdraw what I previously said, as not ALL the government is corrupt, but there's a good portion. A lot of bills get backed by representatives solely because they are given some money. I don't have any evidence, nor do I care to look for it, take it as you will. Again, no evidence to prove this (nor do I care to look for it), but I know a representative from my state for her re-election had campaign ads saying "I denied this bill" etc etc. The thing they didn't mention is that the bill passed BEFORE her vote, as her vote wouldn't have mattered either way, so she denied it so she could come back and say she denied the bill. I will clarify again, I have no physical evidence (as there is obviously none of that around), but my state is small, our representatives are quite known by most people, as well as my security clearance for the army.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Every government in the world has some level of corruption within its ranks. If you want an example, here's a few (ignore the 2011 one, I'll AfD that later).

It is an inherent flaw of government that people will use the vested power to serve ulterior motives. I can't see this being more of a problem in the US than in other countries.