Tormented demons efficiency

crabman27

I recently started doing tds and have finally got the hang of how to do it (got dragon lump today :rolleyes: )

Though I hear about people getting 40+ kills an hour and wondered how I could get anywhere near as fast.

Im only 119 cmt (99 range 92 str 79 summon 70 pray) and I dont have extremes/overloads. Im using elite void with Rune x bow, whip and d def, drag boots barrows gloves ect.

Im 70 dng ATM but I will eventually get a rapier but just not quite yet.

I'm thinking of buying a bgs when I get a bit more cash, but is this any good or what other ways could i get dps up?

Any advice would be useful to me thanks :thumbsup:

With all the stats and gear you're missing, it should be pretty obvious why you're not getting anywhere near the max kills/hour. Just keep making that money and getting those stats, and you'll get there.

BGS will make your kills slower compared to a whip, btw. Unless you're slow at switching, but in that case it's better to learn to switch better than get a handicap weapon.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

With all the stats and gear you're missing, it should be pretty obvious why you're not getting anywhere near the max kills/hour. Just keep making that money and getting those stats, and you'll get there.

This, to be blunt. You really need rigour/turmoil, steel titan, ovls, and chaotic weapons to break 40 kills/h.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Karil's xbow would be a good option for you if you're willing to spend more to speed up your kills. It kind of depends on your bank, though- in the long run, the faster kills WILL pay for the cost, but in the mean time if you have a small bank bolt racks could really take a chunk out of it.

I noticed you said you were using void, d defender, AND barrows gloves. Wat?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeh sorry didn't mean barrows gloves, i currently use:

Void Helm (range and melee)

Fury

Soul W cape

Broad Bolts

Elite Void Body

Elite Void Skirt

Rune X Bow/ whip

D Defender

D boots Void Gloves

ROW (because of update lol)

One super set, 2 brews, 2 res, 4 rocktail, rest pray pots, EE Titan + scrolls

Also is deflector worth having for barrows gloves?

hope that helps

If you're going to stick with rcbow, you should really switch to rune bolts. They aren't horribly expensive and speed up kills significantly. Also if you stick with rcbow, a deflector would indeed be a good investment for use with barrows gloves.

Do you really need the EE? If you don't, it'd be a good idea to swap in a spec weapon. Claws are best, obviously, but if that's out of your price range I'd consider Korasi's (use it on melee prayer) or d hally.

Yeah, rune bolts and a better spec weapon are the most immediate upgrades you can make. You should look into getting a rapier and rigour as soon as possible, then later on a maul and chaotic crossbow.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Korasi special doesn't work in multicombat (hits 10s hehe). So I find the EE useful too (specially when that far away demon comes along <_<)

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

If you're going to stick with rcbow, you should really switch to rune bolts. They aren't horribly expensive and speed up kills significantly. Also if you stick with rcbow, a deflector would indeed be a good investment for use with barrows gloves.

Do you really need the EE? If you don't, it'd be a good idea to swap in a spec weapon. Claws are best, obviously, but if that's out of your price range I'd consider Korasi's (use it on range prayer) or d hally.

As good as claws are, I'd say get your herblore up before keeping a set of claws imo.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Korasi special doesn't work in multicombat (hits 10s hehe). So I find the EE useful too (specially when that far away demon comes along <_<)

It works, it's just a normal hit that can't miss and hits through melee prayer.

I'd use EE as your titan probably can't keep up (it couldn't when I used it, then again I wasn't experienced at all). A deflector is definitely worth getting. Ideally you would get a unicorn but that's quite a long way still, so if you get a good bit of cash you could go for overloads. Possibly turmoil is better, but only if you can soul split flash on the demons (to compensate for not having a unicorn).

As for kill rates, you need a steel titan to get the max rates (45/hr or more perhaps) but you can get 40ish or more with a unicorn and that is much more relaxed.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Claws are better than EE, definately, but only use them if you can truly afford them (have all desired herb/prayer levels you need to kill TDs efficiently).

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.