HTC Wildfire

Guy

So yeah, I'm looking into getting a HTC wildfire. Basically do any of you have it, and do you like it? Do people know of any good equivilants around that price range?

And a more general question, is 1GB really enough for 3G? Or would I be better going for an unlimited data plan?

Cheers :)

Edit : I guess a primary concern of mine is that during the 24 month contract, it may get a little out-dated and slow etc.

Edit2 : Decided to go for a Desire, cheers all :)

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Not sure about the phone as I don't have one, but 1GB depends on how much you plan to use the internet on your phone. I personally only have a 500mb/m limit on my plan which does me fine as most websites I use from my phone have very low bandwidth versions such as tipit, or are used incredibly rarely.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I have one, but I don't really use it for the internet much (unless i'm travelling or away from a com), and from a week of leaving the mobile data connection on, I used 3MB, so the latent usage is pretty low.

Nice phone in terms of usability/reliability, only awkward thing was getting a case

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

If you want a good smart phone I would suggest looking into Samsung, most reviews seem to put their smart phones second to the iPhone (especially the Galaxy S). I've got a fair few friends with HTC phones and they've all had problems with them locking/freezing/crashing after about a year of having them, of course I could just have unlucky friends :P Just stay away from Blackberry :lol:

1GB is more than enough, most people manage with 500mb per month. Oh and avoid the network provider '3' at all cost, they're awful :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

If you want a good smart phone I would suggest looking into Samsung, most reviews seem to put their smart phones second to the iPhone (especially the Galaxy S). I've got a fair few friends with HTC phones and they've all had problems with them locking/freezing/crashing after about a year of having them, of course I could just have unlucky friends :P Just stay away from Blackberry :lol:

1GB is more than enough, most people manage with 500mb per month. Oh and avoid the network provider '3' at all cost, they're awful :P

Really? All of these quotes I'm looking at are from 3 :P Nah I don't intend on getting a blackberry, even if everyone does have them. Looking into the HTC Desire too, I'll take a look at samsung etc.

RIP TET

original.png

3 claim to be the best providers of mobile internet and their contracts are pretty cheap, however in reality their signal coverage is poor (read: worst in the UK) and their customer service is terrible (not that any of the UK network providers have good customer service anymore). O2 and Orange are pretty much the runaway leaders in terms of network providers and every now and then they both have some really good contracts going.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

If you want a good smart phone I would suggest looking into Samsung, most reviews seem to put their smart phones second to the iPhone (especially the Galaxy S).

The Galaxy S is what the company I work for gave us for when we're on-call, and I absolutely hate that phone. It is badly designed, I hate the touch screen, it always seems to press something when I put the phone in my pocket.

I'm likely getting a droid later this week. Old phone, I know, but the selection in Canada is absolute [cabbage].

Don't forget the very expensive part :P

What service provider are you going with? Keep in mind, some service providers provide cheaper plans and equipment, but lack the coverage and service compared to other companies. I would rather pay 50-70 a month and have services then pay 30-50 dollars a month for dropped calls and static.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

In fact it really depends in what region too. In my region Telus has the best coverage, but is pretty expensive, Bell has good coverage and is expensive, while Rogers has almost no coverage and is the most expensive. You can't get a phone for less than $50/month here.

I have the HTC desire, I can say without a doubt its the best phone I've ever had. Anyone I know that has an HTC says the same thing. Personally if I was to get another smart phone it would be HTC all the way. In terms of the data plan I'd go unlimited. Just looked at the phone and it looks very nice :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I think I'm going to go for a HTC Desire, it looks really sick. Never used an android before, only iOS, so it'll take a bit of getting used to, but that's fine :P

Cheers all :)

RIP TET

original.png

What service provider are you going with? Keep in mind, some service providers provide cheaper plans and equipment, but lack the coverage and service compared to other companies. I would rather pay 50-70 a month and have services then pay 30-50 dollars a month for dropped calls and static.

MTS (Manitoba). They have great coverage across the province and are the only ones who will give me unlimited data (No 1gb cap, although there is a clause for 'excessive' usage), unlimited text and a decent amount of minutes for ~$50. It's going to cost me a pretty $179 for a 2 year contract though.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i agree with all all of you htc wildfire is the best phone. Last week my phone fell down and my scree broke down. I finally decide to get htc wildfire case for my phone.

crystal shop melbourne