Help choosing a laptop/netbook

SirHartlar

Basically I want to buy a laptop/netbook for when I go to university in the autumn. I willl probably be taking my PC with me as well which I could use for anything heavy duty such as gaming, but for word processing and browsing the internet I'd like something portable that I can take to lectures and to work with outside my room etc. I'd be willing to spend up to around £400 on one, although any money I could save by not going over the top with specs would be good. I live in the UK btw.

Asus is hardcore, any Asus computer above 600-800£ should please your needs, and it will definitely last quite long since its a very good brand!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Nyosuht, for Dell, older laptops like yours will run strong as Dell was a very good brand, but it was only until about 3 or 4 years ago, now out of the 7 new desktops (6 months old now) at work, 4 had to have parts replaced, including the motherboard on 2 of them.

Asus, MSI or Toshiba are the best Laptop brands as far as I know.

Both of these only have 2GB of RAM, but that is easily upgradeable.

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=466569&CatId=3588

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=488246&Sku=170856

I'd go for the Toshiba though, as it has a nicer screen and a Core i3 instead of a Core 2 duo. That VAT sure is high though.

Basically I want to buy a laptop/netbook for when I go to university in the autumn. I willl probably be taking my PC with me as well which I could use for anything heavy duty such as gaming, but for word processing and browsing the internet I'd like something portable that I can take to lectures and to work with outside my room etc. I'd be willing to spend up to around £400 on one, although any money I could save by not going over the top with specs would be good. I live in the UK btw.

Buy a x120e Thinkpad (or the HP dm1z)

Make sure you get the e-350 CPU and upgrade the battery. Enjoy your 6-7 hour battery life broswing the web.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada