My peers...what shall I buy? (a few ideas inside)

joey11223

Right here is the situation. I am aiming to get 99 farming and doing it via tree seeds mainly, so a good chunk of money is going into that, though some regained from herbs, though I buy seconds and make pots, hoping to get a lot of herb xp on the way to 99 farm. But then I have about 50m which I'm pondering over how to spend.

I have a few ideas but the real issue is should I go for xp or items? I'm thinking at the moment of...

1) I do slayer a lot, so maybe a Sara godsword would be a good buy? Would leave me with money left too, in fact possibly I could get dragon claws and GSS?

2) Relating to slayer, a fair few tasks have a magic based attack, so maybe get a spectral shield?

2) I use the money to level other buyable skills. Say getting crafting from 62 up to 80, smithing up(though I may go for lower mining xp and mine ore for it), summoning up(missed double xp weekend sadly).

cakesncats056-1.jpg

Right here is the situation. I am aiming to get 99 farming and doing it via tree seeds mainly, so a good chunk of money is going into that, though some regained from herbs, though I buy seconds and make pots, hoping to get a lot of herb xp on the way to 99 farm. But then I have about 50m which I'm pondering over how to spend.

I have a few ideas but the real issue is should I go for xp or items? I'm thinking at the moment of...

1) I do slayer a lot, so maybe a Sara godsword would be a good buy? Would leave me with money left too, in fact possibly I could get dragon claws and GSS?

2) Relating to slayer, a fair few tasks have a magic based attack, so maybe get a spectral shield?

3) I use the money to level other buyable skills. Say getting crafting from 62 up to 80, smithing up(though I may go for lower mining xp and mine ore for it), summoning up(missed double xp weekend sadly).

1: SGS is not good anymore, claws on the other hand could be worth using.

2: Better use a dragon defender

3: Best solution: Learn to flip, as it is the best moneymaker in the game. After you earn a lot more cash, get 95 prayer, 92 herblore, 96->99 summoning etc.etc

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

3) I use the money to level other buyable skills. Say getting crafting from 62 up to 80, smithing up(though I may go for lower mining xp and mine ore for it), summoning up(missed double xp weekend sadly).

1: SGS is not good anymore, claws on the other hand could be worth using.

2: Better use a dragon defender

3: Best solution: Learn to flip, as it is the best moneymaker in the game. After you earn a lot more cash, get 95 prayer, 92 herblore, 96->99 summoning etc.etc

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

What is a GSS?

Buy your armor first - if you have all the things you need (i.e bandos/fury/berserker/etc) then you may want to level up herblore.

Try to get extremes/piety before you start spending on items like dclaw.

For the most part, a whip + a ddef is good enough for your tasks - maybe a brackish blade/korasi/zspear for the stab tasks and a saradomin sword for the crush tasks

A spectral shield is a waste - just pray mage and piety to speed through a task or just a bunyip/unicorn and just heal normally - you should be fine.

If you want to level up mining/smithing - get your mining up a little (power mine granite/iron) then switch over to superheating/mining concentrated gold rocks in the LRC. (remember to bring a gauntlet for the increased smithing exp.)

capt%20kevin.png

What is a GSS?

Buy your armor first - if you have all the things you need (i.e bandos/fury/berserker/etc) then you may want to level up herblore.

For the most part, a whip + a ddef is good enough for your tasks - maybe a brackish blade/korasi/zspear for the stab tasks and a saradomin sword for the crush tasks

A spectral shield is a waste - just pray mage and piety to speed through a task or just a bunyip/unicorn and just heal normally - you should be fine.

If you want to level up mining/smithing - get your mining up a little (power mine granite/iron) then switch over to superheating/mining concentrated gold rocks in the LRC. (remember to bring a gauntlet for the increased smithing exp.)

Me typing SGS wrong :P.

I have the whole bandos, fury, berserker, ss, zspear etc(not a brackish blade, I'll get that).

As for herblore I am doing it currently as I have a few thousand herbs to make into potions and I'm trying to get the herb xp as I farm, since I only buy seconds I make profit so don't need money to invest into it as much. I usually do 3-4 herb runs a day sometimes more so I'm going down that route really, slow and steady, 74 herb atm.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

What is a GSS?

Me typing SGS wrong :P.

I have the whole bandos, fury, berserker, ss, zspear etc(not a brackish blade, I'll get that).

As for herblore I am doing it currently as I have a few thousand herbs to make into potions and I'm trying to get the herb xp as I farm, since I only buy seconds I make profit so don't need money to invest into it as much. I usually do 3-4 herb runs a day sometimes more so I'm going down that route really, slow and steady, 74 herb atm.

Maybe try saving it since you seem to have all the armor you need, if not then I suggest a few prayer or summoning levels.

orlyn.png

youry.png

WARNING : EFFICIENT ADVICE INCOMING. IGNORE THIS IF YOU...

1) Hate efficiency because you don't find it fun.

or

2) Hate me personally.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Don't buy an SGS, claws are better in every conceivable situation.

Don't buy a spectral. Its only niche used in some boss hunting situations. For slayer a ddefender is the only thing you should use outside of a dfs on wyverns (which you should cancel anyways).

Don't farm your own herbs for herblore. You will get more herblore exp by farming the most profitable herb, selling it, and then making the cheapest gp/exp potion.

Brackish blades stab bonus with a ddef is 92 with 72 str vs 85 and 75 with zspear. Meaning they are very comparable but zspear will serve you better given max stats/turmoil/extremes etc. Even before then zspear is probably better so don't waste the money unless the amount it frees up affords you turmoil/extremes etc.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

^But don't skip wyverns under 95 summoning, triple charm them.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I always forget about triple charms for them /facepalm

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword