Dungeon Master

archimage_a

Welcome one and all.

This is a new experiment, and basically it works by people playing DND and alternating as the GM/DM whatever.

In this tale there are a number of adventurers who have taken the challange to go into the deep dark dungeons (mysteriously populated by shopkeepers), on a quest to go deeper than anyone has ever gone before.

First, build a DnD character.

Second, turn up to play a game (Probably tommorrow (tuesday) at 2 pm BST(British Summer Time)

http://wwp.britishsummertime.co.uk/

Third, if you want, design a dungeon and have people play through it.

Hopefully rinse and repeat.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

This obviously requires some skill in drawing. If my handiting is god-awful, can a decently made dungeon work?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Not at all Earth:

I just grabbed the floor plan from:

http://www.gozzys.com/article.php?cm_id=8

Then surfed the web for some pictures, found a really good site for it here:

http://www.noottshovelofgames.co.uk/index.php/cPath/21

Just basically hijacking magic the gathering artwork and slotting it in.

Then just opening up:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/indexes-and-tables/monsters-by-cr

And picking three or four types of monsters to populate your part of the dungeon.

This is a huge campaign or anything, it is come along with your character, smash stuff up, get XP, get money, get killed* and try again.

For example:

[hide]example.png[/hide]

Sorry Mather, it is Maptools. Are you sure the problem is only at your end? I know that Ross and Grim have had some troubles getting it to work but I seem to have found the work arounds...In any event you are aways welcome to try to connect =)

*Death is not permenant, but you should lose all the XP and items gained that session(Dependant on the moderator).

If the whole party dies then Moderator needs to ease off with the Adamantium Dragons. :thumbsup:

Heh. Thanks, Arch.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well, I certainly wont be able to make the first session.

What system of D&D will this be making use of?

a few resources you may find helpful:

WOTC 3.5 Dungeon Tile Mapper (goto the settings tab and enable freeform to remove the piece count restrictions

WOTC 3.5 Art and Map Gallery Archive

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Majority of Houserules, vaguely along the guidelines on the pathfinder site. (Though introducing other stuff is probably fine. I think Retech is having a Dragonforged Dragonwreched something from 3.5)

The main thing is that this is not gonna be heavy roleplay, or even light roleplay, this is just straight up powergaming against a mod that is ignoring the challange rating system and intentionally designing dungeons so that the ultra OP people *coughretechcough* get smacked hard in their weakspots.

If people want to go for a more balanced game, then that is fine (Truth is I haven't modded DnD before, so I can match people as I learn =P), but it is just 'If you push the rules, I won't nerf you and argue, I will bury you in the next dungeon.'

And there is not the onus on Grim to provide a game that ticks everyone's box, or putting up with druid horse archers with radioactive zombie killer communist bee bears as backup.

Also means the entirely stupid ideas can develop, play themselves out and people move on, rather than arguing for two weeks that they should be allowed XYZ, such as my brilliant method of getting around the starting GP amount...Rather than play a character, you play an Intelligent Weapon which has the Leadership feat (Or a liberal understanding of the Druid Companion rules).

Longstory short:

People who want to powergame, fight endless hoards and have 'Cheese' measuring contests, can do that here.

People who want to roleplay, plan encounters and have unoptimised mushes of characters they like (Gogo Flying Musketman Quartermaster), can do that in Grim's sessions.

Majority of Houserules, vaguely along the guidelines on the pathfinder site. (Though introducing other stuff is probably fine. I think Retech is having a Dragonforged Dragonwreched something from 3.5)

The main thing is that this is not gonna be heavy roleplay, or even light roleplay, this is just straight up powergaming against a mod that is ignoring the challange rating system and intentionally designing dungeons so that the ultra OP people *coughretechcough* get smacked hard in their weakspots.

Also means the entirely stupid ideas can develop, play themselves out and people move on, rather than arguing for two weeks that they should be allowed XYZ, such as my brilliant method of getting around the starting GP amount...Rather than play a character, you play an Intelligent Weapon which has the Leadership feat (Or a liberal understanding of the Druid Companion rules).

Longstory short:

People who want to powergame, fight endless hoards and have 'Cheese' measuring contests, can do that here.

So am I right in understanding that as: if we can find rules for it we can use it? if that is correct I may actually play if I can attend sessions using a comical build that is both excessively OP and excessively UP at the same time (several aspects of the character would allow for a character that literally breaks the game system, however it is combined with some of the most absurdly limiting feats ever made). (straight up powergaming is far from fun in my opinion)

Edited by wyvren2000

Yeah, this is the game to go totally excessive in every way possible, aside from literally super game breaking (Pun pun comes to mind).

Naturally I will be playing both. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

What level do the players begin? I could be one of the first campaigns, I have a few ideas.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Level 4, I believe.

---

Can you get into Ruby Knight Vindicator by level 4? In Pathfinder, skills are limited by class level (or was it HD?), so it might not be possible to get into chuck by 4th level. And a 4th level on the way to Chuck would be waylaid by CR 7-11 monsters.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

My current plan calls for an 8, minimum.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

My current plan calls for an 8, minimum.

Well like Archi said, it doesn't have to be challenge rating appropriate. He was going to send CR 7-11 creatures at us (designed to face a party of four level 7s), so it doesn't matter much if you send CR 8. I mean, we're going to be optimising and powergaming a lot, so not a problem.

Level 4 starting Level.

Pun Pun style super characters are not allowed.

I agree Drake, powergaming is not, itself, fun. What is fun is when the powergamer gets killed by a CR1 imp because their will save is -4. Or when the Super Hero trips on a banana skin and flies headfirst into a boulder sent skywards by a lava eruption in a pun on 'rockfalls, everyone dies'.

1 and a half hours.

(Cause I am not American didn't know Spring Break (or whateve Holiday Retech had) had finished, so planned a daylight game *rolls eyes*)

Anyway, anyone is here:

Level 4 starting Level.

Pun Pun style super characters are not allowed.

I agree Drake, powergaming is not, itself, fun. What is fun is when the powergamer gets killed by a CR1 imp because their will save is -4. Or when the Super Hero trips on a banana skin and flies headfirst into a boulder sent skywards by a lava eruption in a pun on 'rockfalls, everyone dies'.

1 and a half hours.

Aww... so my only fun character concept is out of the question, even though it only had 42AC, +10 attack, a godly amount of spellcasting, and massive saves and assorted other bonuses when stated as a lv 1 character... (The thing made use of by the book content out of 3.0, 3.5, and Pathfinder along with a rather simple bit of Pathfinder Homebrew content for flavor) even if I was going to take the worst set of feats ever created (final effect is that you cannot deal any type of damage or you take penalties)

Well, I personally dont have an ideas on anything fun to do in a powergaming campaign so I guess I will be sitting this game out, though I may be willing to run a anti powergaming dungeon once in awhile.

I mihgt try an alternate campaign to Grim's, though I am lazy. It may involve a Mohrg.

RIP Dawngate ;-;