Would you say training with SC Armour is worth it?

GoldTatze

Sc is really good if you want a break from training combat then speed it up afterwords. People also use sc when smithing or doing construction to cut the costs and stop you mashing buttons for ages. In the case of melée the 20-40 minutes that you spend getting the armour you could be getting more xp just training solidly, but it's up to you really

springy_guy.png

You can't call something really good when it is slower and the only benefit might be the objectionable fun from taking more time to do sc instead of training normally the whole time.

The point about people using sc for smithing, construction, etc. is completely irrelevant. You can't use your points for both, so doing sc for combat gear will not get you any proto-tools to use for skilling.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Yes you can. This is H&A, you can say whatever the [bleep] you want and justify it by fun.

OP: If you find stealing creation fun enough to justify playing three hours of stealing creation to get the bonus exp you would get in one hour of combat, then go ahead. From a purely efficiency standpoint though, it is not worth it.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

For low lvls who can only wear rune and not afford barrows, it is quite worth it. The stats are on-par with rune and it is free (aside from cost time)

But if you have barrows and a whip for example, no, it is not worth it

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

At the levels most TIF forum-goers are at, the sacred clay gear isn't useful for combat training. However there are two uses I'm aware of:

1) At very low levels, when your base XP/hr is very low already, the boost can actually be more efficient than straight training. For example, I used some sacred clay coifs to range train on yaks way back in the day, and based on how poor my experience per hour was to start with, the bonus made it take less time overall. This does not apply at higher levels.

2) Sacred clay armour has exceptionally low weight for its defence. Before I got my agile gear, I found it helpful to get decent defence at ZMI without weighing myself down.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png