Two updates

The Observer

Alright, basically Jagex had changed the value of Dungeoneering items in terms of items dropped on death. This made it so that any dungeoneering item (eg. gravite 2h, longbow sight) didn't get lost if you died in the Wilderness (with protect item on if skulled) since it protected over rune. This is, however, changed on dangerous worlds where you lose everything should you die (no protect item prayer).

How will this affect warring?

Personally I think that it will increase the effectiveness of snipers. I know that with those longbow sights, I was hit quite a lot with rune on. It will also make it harder to tank main piles who have those weapons equipped.

The second update was giving canoes to F2P. This has been around a bit longer than the update mentioned above, but it has had some strange effects. Do you think that it has contributed to longer fights and will contribute to longer fights in the future?

Take note of the 24 hour fight.

j0xPu5R.png

I miss the purity of old fights, when it wasn't all about having the best new fangled item. That was/is the point of a CWA fight imo.

The canoes have just made returning easier and faster, tends to make fights drag out longer but then if that's a good or bad thing really depends on your opinion. So far it hasn't really affected me negatively so I like that it saves me a lot of effort.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I'm not a big fan of the update that made DG items protect over rune, but I've just now started training DG to get those items. I think that will have some impact on fights and the canoes for faster returning probably help out clans who have a large amount of f2p members who no longer have to walk all the way up.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council