Tormented Demons: What am I doing wrong?

z0diark

Setup:

Neit, SW cape, fury, rapier, blkack dhide top n bottom, ddef, dboots, barrows gloves, diamond (e) bolts and wealth. Invent: EEE, ccb, 2 ovls, lantern, teletab, 10 brews, rest ppots. This is with Steel titan (will lower brew count as I get better at switching).

I've heard loads of claims of kills per hour (like 50+) but my max seems to be 30 despite having the best stats/offensive gear and a steel titan. Basically I'm wondering how many kills per hour I should be getting and what is likely to be causing me to kill so few. Also, if anyone has any tips about when to use titan spec etc thatd be very useful as many of his specs seems to hit 0s =[

I also have full void melee/rng, would it be better to swap to that + uni or should i stick to mage def gear?

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Your gear is fine, don't bother with void or uni. Are you multikilling? i.e. killing more than 1 spawn so you don't have to wait between kills? This will up your kills/hr by quite a lot. Also, keep your XP counter open so you're sure when to switch weapons, ~165 xp = prayer switch. Before you swing your rapier again, titan spec and then switch to ccb. Steel titan just takes practice.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Void + unicorn can do 40/hr or maybe a little more. Steel titan can do about 45. Mainly important is that you are not using void/handcannon/maul/claws and that you are not experienced with this.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

First of..30/hr isn't THAT bad. I do around ~45/hr with 2 spawns at the North area. What spawn are you using? Fighting one only? Using turm every kill? (rigour??)

Your setup is fine nothing wrong with that. (Could try CLS or CM) How often do you use ST special? Do you make him range? Sometimes it's all about timing titan specs I find. Let your titan attack from a distance always then it will range each time. :P

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

@Hak - I'm using the north spot. I do multikill, in fact it's almost a pain because I always have to lure the next TD during the kill to stop taking damage. Also, why does everyone say to use the xp counter rather than just counting the damage they actually hit?

@Jeremy - 30 is my very max though, I was down to around 18 when another guy was using the east spot cos he kept getting his demon aggro on me. And yes, I never turn off turmoil. And yes, titan is pretty much always attacking the TD, I tend to spec whenever TD prays melee, any tips as to when is the best time to click spec?

Also, I keep seeing guides with ppl in karil top/vskirt, how much better is that? And how many kills per hours should I be expecting/is the max with this exact setup?

ichigosig2da4.jpg

When you have the XP counter up it will show the xp before the actual hit thus allowing you to switch weapons faster. Don't use V skirt. Stick with d hide or karils.

Do titan spec when he's melee protecting and the titan is ranging. Find an empty world, lure the east so he can't attack you, fight the middle and the west one. If west spawns and walks over and attacks you just run over here: Wait for west to follow you and it's stuck there. 1z5t9w9.png. Then you can run back in the middle and finish your other one. Now if you're fighting west and middle respawns run here (blue line) TD will follow and then run back and finish west. 210lij8.png

Usually when you fight west your ST will be set-up in such a way that it always melees when you special..middle it ranges.

Pictures are older and I just posted this quickly. hopefully you understand. if you want I can take you sometime to show you. You can also keep west trapped where it is on the 2nd picture that way it cant mage you when you fight the middle one and east one.

:>

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Hmm, usually there are 4 TDs that attack me during a trip, one from the west, one from the east and 2 in the middle. Am I right in assuming the one you call 'the west' is probably one of these middle 2? Also, should I be luring him to roughly the top right corner of your screen in the first pic or elsewhere? Also, should I be killing 'the east TD' on the east side or in the middle (I currently only kill in the middle)? I didn't know the ST could spec melee, what's the best way to make him range, just call him so he's not right next to the TD? How many squares away should he be? As for showing me, I have exams atm so I'm not on much but feel free to pm me if you're going on s trip and I'll come watch c:

ichigosig2da4.jpg

There should only be 3 TDs at that area. If you have more on you, you should just go into lobby and come back so they walk away. When the ST melees it hits its fists on the ground. Let the titan be just a few squares away and it will range.

I added you in-game.

4K469.png