dragon claws?

jddogg

So i was thinking about getting dragon claws ( currently have brackish blade ) but i was wondering what is so good about dragon claws? are they really significantly better? Also what exactly does the spec on dragon claws do?

The spec is the only good part of dragon claws and is the only thing they are used for. The spec drains 50% of the spec bar and is an attack that deals damage 4 times. The formula is something like 100% + 50% + 50% +25% (not 100% sure). Which means the first damage dealt from spec is full damage, the two following are half damage and the last is a quarter of the initial damage.

They are roughly 20m, and as I said - they're only used for the spec. So consider upgrading armor / amulet etc before buying claws

Oh and in regards to what loff said any of these items will make a bigger difference to your xp per hour then a d claw.

whip

sara sword

zamorak spear

fighter torso

bandos

berserker ring

fury

super/extreme potions if you aren't using them already

prayer potion + super str/piety

Blue_Sock.png

They are also a good spec weapon for Slayer.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Right now i have 60 attack, 67 str, 41 def. 71 combat lvl. What items should i buy that would help me doing slayer tasks quicker? I was thinking of maybe getting claws loaned for a little to play with em but maybe my money would be better spent on an armor upgrade or different ring, i am using ring of wealth or ring of recoil right now.

Right now i have 60 attack, 67 str, 41 def. 71 combat lvl. What items should i buy that would help me doing slayer tasks quicker? I was thinking of maybe getting claws loaned for a little to play with em but maybe my money would be better spent on an armor upgrade or different ring, i am using ring of wealth or ring of recoil right now.

Get Zerk ring. In the long run, you'll want Fury as well. You should be using a dragon scimitar right now for training, or else brackish.

In the very long run, you'll want barrows armor, dragon defender, slayer helm, possibly bandos armor, whip. And an EE as well (Seer's hard tasks).

PM me for fitocracy invite

Prayer level? Using fury/berserker ring gives +6% increase in dmg compared to glory/nothing while ultimate str prayer gives a +15% and super str potion gives 5+15% str lvl. Also if you are slaying, a black mask gives +15% atk and str when doing tasks.

If I were you, I would first get a black mask then invest in some prayer potion, super atk and super str potions. Then buy a berserker ring or fury. Fury gives +4 str over a glory, and berserker ring gives a +4 str over ring of wealth. Choosing which one will depend on your cash pile and how much you believe in row assuming you don't have enough cash for both.

P.S you might also want to look into initiate or proselyte armour if you are gonna pray on task.

Blue_Sock.png

Work on things which will increase your DPS or staying power. For example a bunyip or Spiritbird. Invest in herblore and super/extreme potions as well as piety.

Miseryism | Completionist

I have 40 prayer only right now, also how much is black mask and what are the requirements for wearing it? Shouldn't i just wait to get a slayer's helmet instead?

Also, i have been using just regular attack/str pots for my tasks.

I am using brackish blade right now as weapon/full rune glory amulet, obsidian cape, row, and using a drag dag P++ for specs. What armor upgrades should i be looking into, please include cost and level to use, as well as any quest requirements to use. Thanks <3

If you want equipment...

1. black mask. No requirement to wear, 450k. You gonna need one for making a slayer helm anyway.

2. Dragon defender. Need your atk lvl + str lvl to be greater then 130 to enter warrior guild and get one.

3. Rune boots.

3. berserker ring. 3.8mi. No requirement to wear, +4 str bonus. Rol is useless for slayer.

4. Fury. 12.5mill. No requirement to wear, +8 str bonus.

=5. Full proselyte if you heed my advice and use prayer. +13 prayer bonus, 30 def required and slug menace required.

=5. Fighter torso. Alot of time to get, +4 str and 40 def required.

=5. Bandos Chestplate. 20mil, +4 str, and 60 def required. Higher defense stats then fighter torso.

8. Bandos tasset, 20mil +4 str, and 60 def required. Can be paried with fighter torso if you can't afford full bandos.

Seeing as you can't wear full bandos yet, the best setup would: slayer helm(smoking kills quest needs to be done), fury, brackish blade, d defender, fighter torso, prossy legs, rune boots, berserker ring with super potions and ultimate strength prayer active.

Blue_Sock.png

If you want equipment...

1. black mask. No requirement to wear, 450k. You gonna need one for making a slayer helm anyway.

2. Dragon defender. Need your atk lvl + str lvl to be greater then 130 to enter warrior guild and get one.

3. Rune boots.

3. berserker ring. 3.8mi. No requirement to wear, +4 str bonus. Rol is useless for slayer.

=5. Full proselyte if you heed my advice and use prayer. +13 prayer bonus, 30 def required and slug menace required.

=5. Bandos Chestplate. 20mil, +4 str, and 60 def required. Higher defense stats then fighter torso.

8. Bandos tasset, 20mil +4 str, and 60 def required. Can be paried with fighter torso if you can't afford full bandos.

Seeing as you can't wear full bandos yet, the best setup would: slayer helm(smoking kills quest needs to be done), fury, brackish blade, d defender, fighter torso, prossy legs, rune boots, berserker ring with super potions and ultimate strength prayer active.

K A few questions...

1. I'll go buy one right now :P

2. Close, i need 5 more str/att lvls, what does drag defender do.

3. Got em already.

3.(You put 3 twice lol) I'll get the berserker eventually, i am using ROW, not ROL , w/e that is.

Also do you just leave pray on the whole slayer task and use pray pots or what O_O?

I noticed you didn't list a whip, why brackish instead of a whip?

Alsoooooo, what are the requirements for barrows armor and cost?

Dragon defender gives +25 stab, 24 slash and 23 crush and a +6 str bonus. It is held in the shield slot.

The 3 was because I remember rune boots at the last moment before I posted and forgot to change the numbering :oops:

I didn't list whip because it requres 70 atk. Barrows equipment requires 70 def. If you do eventually get 70 def, i strongly suggest you get verac plateskirt. It's -1 prayer bonus off prossy legs but it has alot more defence. The cost for reparing is insiginificant to the amount of time it takes to degrade. It comes out to something like 2k per hour.

And yes I do leave pray on for the entire slayer task and use p pots. You might want to do rum deal and get the holy wrench which gives +1 p points per dose.

Blue_Sock.png

If you want equipment...

3. Rune boots.

K A few questions...

1. I'll go buy one right now :P

2. Close, i need 5 more str/att lvls, what does drag defender do.

3. Got em already.

3.(You put 3 twice lol) I'll get the berserker eventually, i am using ROW, not ROL , w/e that is.

Also do you just leave pray on the whole slayer task and use pray pots or what O_O?

I noticed you didn't list a whip, why brackish instead of a whip?

Alsoooooo, what are the requirements for barrows armor and cost?

D defender gives more str and atk bonuses than Rune Defender.

For Prayer, since you can not use Piety, get 43 prayer and use the 13 Prayer Str Prayer. You leave it on or flash it (activate before you hit). Whip for atk and def training. B Blade has Stab and Slash stances changed, so it is ideal for Dragons. Barrows Armour needs 70 defense and costs a bit to repair.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Dragon defender gives +25 stab, 24 slash and 23 crush and a +6 str bonus. It is held in the shield slot.

The 3 was because I remember rune boots at the last moment before I posted and forgot to change the numbering :oops:

I didn't list whip because it requres 70 atk. Barrows equipment requires 70 def. If you do eventually get 70 def, i strongly suggest you get verac plateskirt. It's -1 prayer bonus off prossy legs but it has alot more defence. The cost for reparing is insiginificant to the amount of time it takes to degrade. It comes out to something like 2k per hour.

And yes I do leave pray on for the entire slayer task and use p pots. You might want to do rum deal and get the holy wrench which gives +1 p points per dose.

So you bring prayer pots, and super pots? About how many prayer pots per tasks? Is that going to be a little bit unnescessary for my lvl tasks from the edgeville task master?

Also you might wanna go get the ardougne cloak. Easy gives +2 stab and prayer bonus. Med gives +4 stab and prayer.

You definitely want super pots for your slayer task.

Prayer pots is up to you. You could try it and see how you like it or if you feel its unnecessary. It's been a while since I got a tas from edgy so you are gonna have to experiment yourself.

Blue_Sock.png

Yes, but when you hit 60 def(?) get a D Defender. Only req are 130 total offensive melee lvls (combined).

azeem1992.png

What exactly does black mask do by the way? I just bought one. Does it have some special effect for slayer monsters? or monsters you are on a task for only or what?

15% to Atk and Str. Once you can do Smoking Kills, get the points for Slayer Helm.

azeem1992.png

15% to Atk and Str. Once you can do Smoking Kills, get the points for Slayer Helm.

When exactly does this 15% atk + str bonus apply?

Also how do you get these rune/drag defenders? You have to buy them from warrior guild only?

Does drag defender have a 60 def requirement?

Only works for slayer tasks.

For any of your undead tasks that requires alternate head gear, e.g. banshee, abberent spectues. You should get a salve amulet (haunted mine quest) which gives +15% atk and str bonus against undead and then enchant it by doing the tarn lair miniquest which makes it give +20% atk and str. It does not stack with slayer mask/helmet.

Only use salve amulet if you don't have a slayer helm and are doing a task that requires special head gear. I'm pretty sure slayer mask/helm + fury is better then salve(e)

D def requires 60 atk and def. You get defenders by first gain tokens by plahing the minigames on the first 2 floors of the warriors guild. You then spend tokens to spend time in the cyclops room at the top of the guild. The cyclops drop defenders starting from bronze. They will drop the next defender after you shown the women outside the room your defender. If you are doing this the first time, you go in and you will kill until you geta bronze defender. You come out show the defender to the women and go back in and kil until you get the iron defender, shown the defender to the women and repeat until you get to rune.

Blue_Sock.png

Yes it does, and you get them by killing Cyclopes in the final level of the Guild. Here is a guide on it: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Warriors%27_Guild

Also, it applies when attacking monsters whilst on a task.

azeem1992.png

Yes it does, and you get them by killing Cyclopes in the final level of the Guild. Here is a guide on it: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Warriors%27_Guild

Also, it applies when attacking monsters whilst on a task.

when attacking other monsters while on a task? Huh? so you could leave a task open and go kill say... anything else and still get teh bonus? that seems flawed...