Dual wielding

Lord_Gromit

That's exactly the point. Almost all warriors in Runescape wear heavy armour regardless of weaponry, so dual-wielding should be ridiculously hard for them, more than it already is without at least some training. Perhaps JAGeX could apply a penalty to accuracy when dual-wielding in heavy armour? Also, as you've pointed out yourself, you do need movement to pull off a twin-weapon style, and Runescapian warriors never move when fighting. Abstraction, I know, but it would look downright silly.

If I was to fight a person (not necessarily a samurai) wielding a katana and I had a heavier blade in my hands, I would aim for a quick defence-offense shift, with an initial focus on parries followed through by a beat on the opponent's blade. Done right, it would shatter the katana or at least damage it to the point where it is useless.

As for my actual style, I'm partial to quick, pressing offense - feint a lunge, hold a half-second, then lunge with a beat on the blade following on with a strike to the torso. If the attack doesn't connect well or glances, don't recover normally from the lunge, but press on, taking the back foot forward and lunging again and again.

Nobody really expects it. =P

Maybe not a penalty to accuracy...it isn't that hard to hit someone standing right in front of you, after all. A penalty to defense, however, would make sense to me. If you dual-weild without moving and are right in front of your opponent, not moving, especally if weighed down by 80 lbs. of armor, you will get nailed. Believe me. Or Runescape could revamp the whole site, and let you do more when you fight than stand there and trade hit for hit:) (One of the few problems I have with the site)

You want to know something that drives me nuts? This is slightly off topic, but your remarks about the strength of katanas reminded me of it; in Kill Bill volume 1, where the Bride is fighting the crazy 88, and is slicing the blades right off other katanas. That bothers me. I hate it when she does that and it doesn't even nick her sword. That bothers me. :?

Like I said, I haven't fenced (yet). Still, I can picture what you are describing, and may try it at some point...:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about a war? If you had half a brain you'd realise we are having a decent discussion without the usual critical mass of ignorance that comes with this board.

Amen. I am greatly enjoying having a discussion with someone who knows their material.