Lord_Gromit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol 2 mage bows...with 2 mage bow specials...ouch.... :lol:

ummm... magic bows are 2 handed :lol:

i'm a nooby lvl 65...what would you expect lol?!?! :roll: :wink:

to know that bows are 2 handed (except crossbow lol) because you cant have a shield with the bows... well im not alot better im level 73... :wink:

This is the way I'd put them:

One of the few weapons that could be dual weilded would be any type of dagger, and possibly 2 weapons like 2 scimitars, longswords.

The way this would work:

---Daggers--

1. Cannot be poisoned if they're dualed.

2.The attack strength of one is 40 as you know, but 2 should only be about 60 strength. (2nd weapon is 1\2 of the first's attack strength, same with slash and stab and crush effects.)

3. Special: Strength for the attack is lowered by 50%, attacks 4 times with both daggers. The 50% prevents these from being way too overpowering.

4. No shields of course.

--Scimitars and Swords--

===swords===

1. 2 Can be weilded, no shields

2. 2nd weapon stats = 1\3rd of the first weapon's stats (the main one you wield normally)

3. Special: Drains 50% of special bar, 70% of attack strength, hits twice.

===Scimitars===

1. 2 wielded, no shields

2. 2nd weapon stats = 1\3rd of the first weapon's stats. (the main one that you wield normally)

3. Special: Drains 100%, 80% attack strength, hits ONCE. Prevents opponent from using protective prayers for 10 seconds

Of course, the 2nd weapon (or dualie or whatever), should not provide any defense bonuses because you are sacrificing that for the 2nd weapon. The attack strength thing can be changed of course, seeing that even 1\3rd of a dragon long and scimitar brings it up to almost 100 attack strength.

Wield a white staff, wear white robes, and use a silver decorative sword. Then stand in front of a greater demon and shout "You shall not pass!"

awsome!!!!1 make duel weilding now i want a look like telletubbies....... :?

wait is it barney....... maybe Jesus.......

no its gandalf rofl im an idiot but that wopuld be cool but you couldnt dual weild sheilds if you dual wielded ddp(po dds) then you couldnt have a special(maybe like a twirling around in a circle move but not to slash's(runs away at the thought of being hit 4 20's with dds)lol)

ok w/e im out

kill3r_c0w.png

I have often thought about this. i have come up with many combos

*Dragon scimmy + whip = take off protect prayer while hitting 20 more more on each weapon :D

*DDS + Dragon scimmy = take off prayer and hit/poison all in one move

*Dlong + Dlong = 2 incredible specials, or 1 amazing one all at once

*Dmace + Dlong = basically same as 2 dlong specials, only the damce doesnt hit as often :( but it would still own you and your neighbor's mother

*Whip + Whip = ownage (just think if they alternated hits :o!)

*God staff + elemental staff that takes most runes = only having to bring 2 kinds of runes. bloods and airs/fires

only downfall is that rangers would complain and then they would get a bonus, like bross bows now hit as strong and often as mage longs :roll:

just some ideas....

polarbeardaveyz9.png

not sure about dragon + whip & whip + whip

as far as i know whips can only be used with one hand (even thos you can wear sheild with it) its still kinda hard to hit with to long whips.

why? because you use yyour whole body to propell a whip so by using two of them it would mess you up

thats just my thoughts

kill3r_c0w.png

not sure about dragon + whip & whip + whip

as far as i know whips can only be used with one hand (even thos you can wear sheild with it) its still kinda hard to hit with to long whips.

why? because you use yyour whole body to propell a whip so by using two of them it would mess you up

thats just my thoughts

oh come on, its possible :P

were debating that you cant use 2 whips, one in each hand, when in the same game, you can kill monsters, and items, not even related to that monster will drop on the ground. where you can cast magic spells. where you can spear fish, and eat 28 sharks in a row. now, i do think it might, maybe be possible to use 2 whips at a time.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

if this was for staffs mages will over power ppl cause they can use 2 different types of staffs and could use lees runes. the mages already r too powerful dont let em get any more power!!!!!!!! down with mages :twisted: lol some mages r cool though

thenoobstats1uq1.png

all f2p stats...My stats go up so not accurate :P

Dang, that would rock!

Dual abby whips, or an abby whip and a dd(s).

Of course, the geek in me would have to make a dark skinned, white haired charicter with two simmys. Guess his name?:)

(for those of you not aqquainted with the forgotten realms novels, Drizzt Do'Urden. Go look him up. He OWNS.

Dang, that would rock!

Dual abby whips, or an abby whip and a dd(s).

Of course, the geek in me would have to make a dark skinned, white haired charicter with two simmys. Guess his name?:)

(for those of you not aqquainted with the forgotten realms novels, Drizzt Do'Urden. Go look him up. He OWNS.

Ah, Drizzt. The classic genocidal emo kid whose (bloody stupid) twin-scimitar fighting style has been cloned by more D&D players than I care to kick out of my game.

Anyway, as for the whole dual wielding thing, barring the blindingly obvious game balance issues, run a search in this forum for more recent and similar threads so I won't have to reiterate what I've already said. Here, I'll even do it for you:

duel wielding? - by 12bigo12

Ideas for new weapons - by DevilsSnare

hehe when you say dual weilding scimmy or whip + dds i think Prince of Persia

id have a black guy with the Barrows Plate(or at least i think barrows armor) wear you can see the persons chest(if im wrong please tell me what it is) with abby whip and dds with special where you tie the person up with whip and get a free 3 hit without them hitting you(Full drain)

kill3r_c0w.png

well I think the weapons would be in one set, meaning they appear to be a pair when you look at them in your inventory. This would be the only way that it would work.

the weapons could include knives, swords, and maybe staves.

Ah, Drizzt. The classic genocidal emo kid whose (bloody stupid) twin-scimitar fighting style has been cloned by more D&D players than I care to kick out of my game.

Whatever. I still like him, and so do millions of other people.

Anyway, as for the whole dual wielding thing, barring the blindingly obvious game balance issues, run a search in this forum for more recent and similar threads so I won't have to reiterate what I've already said. Here, I'll even do it for you:

duel wielding? - by 12bigo12

Ideas for new weapons - by DevilsSnare

You know, this is a FANTASY world. We go and fight dragons and trolls, for cripes sake. We cast spells with magically charged rocks. I think we can swing two swords at once if we want :)

dual daggers would be a very realistic possibility - you already get claws. The others would get a bit cumbersome, so it should be restricted to sword + dagger/ dagger+dagger

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

as much as i would love to be gandalf dual weilding would not work for mages because of the rune system if we had the standard magic points system present in many rpgs then it would work but you cant fight someone with a sword and hold runes at the same time -

I REALLY don't feel like reposting everything I've said about suspension of disbelief.

Read the threads, then make an argument.

I remember when we had a bunch of threads on this.

We bascially came to the conclusion that while you could dual wield, the disadvantages would outweigh the advantages. The only way to seriously do this would to have a either two small daggers or a dagger and short sword. Beyond that it wouldn't be feasible. If you don't believe me try to go swing two large metal swords and see if that is effective at all.

Anything range would be so much more effective in one hand. You can't shoot a bow at all unless you have 2 hands. Then for knives, axes, darts, and javelins go try and throw these with your non-dominant hand, your accuracy would be extremely terrible.

Don't even get me started on why Jagex thinks you can wield a crossbow onehanded.

Magic Staves would make it super easy to use magic. Just think to do any fire spell you could wield a staff of air in one hand and a staff of fire in the other and all you would need are the mind, chaos, death, blood, soul runes. Plus has anyone tried to use to 5 ft staves in a different hand it is difficult.

All in all this dual wielding concept seems rather pointless to me.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

I say that only special weapons would be released, like the hammers. How about Dragon swords? Not Longswords. You carry two at a time, they hit weaker than the long and scimmy, slower than the dagger but more damage. The special uses a slash and a stab attack together, 50% of the bar.

I REALLY don't feel like reposting everything I've said about suspension of disbelief.

Read the threads, then make an argument.

Btw....

Speaking as someone who fights in the SCA, it is in fact possible to fight with twin swords. I have done it, my fighting marshall does it all the time. You just have to know what you are doing, and be aware of your weapons and where they are. My swords probibly weigh 5-8 lbs. each (Guessing). I am a female, weigh about 125, am 5'8. Not a lot of my weight is fat, to be fair. Sure, your arms get tired after a hour or two, but it is possible. Actually, I always found a sheild to be more tiring to tote around.

Also speaking as someone who takes martial arts and owns several very high quality katanas, a well-trained person could use two at once, I believe, and they are far faster to weild than Euopean swords.

See, if you have been properly trained and have worked at it with dedication, you don't even need to think about footwork and balance. They are so hardwired into your brain that they become automatic. The same applies to the fighting itself, no matter what disipline you study. The fact of the matter is that in a battle, you don't have time to think; "ok, my feet go here, and to counter this cut.." If you do, you die. You have to be able to react without thinking about it. Take it fromm me. I once dropped one of my co-workers to the floor, just because he thought it would be funny to jump around the corner at me and act like he was going to punch me. I saw him coming, and before my brain could even process what was going on, I snap-kicked him right in the groin. He didn't get up for five minutes. I was sure I was going to be fired:)

Your attention to the realisim is admirable. I hope my message leads you to some new infomation to add to your store :)

Wield a white staff, wear white robes, and use a silver decorative sword. Then stand in front of a greater demon and shout "You shall not pass!"

no its gandalf rofl im an idiot but that wopuld be cool but you couldnt dual weild sheilds if you dual wielded ddp(po dds) then you couldnt have a special(maybe like a twirling around in a circle move but not to slash's(runs away at the thought of being hit 4 20's with dds)lol)

ok w/e im out

Lol they should make a balrog type creature in this game. They should make a wilderness dungeon too.

noob,93element.gif

ok w/e im out

Lol they should make a balrog type creature in this game. They should make a wilderness dungeon too.

They have several wilderness dungeons.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Btw....

Speaking as someone who fights in the SCA, it is in fact possible to fight with twin swords. I have done it, my fighting marshall does it all the time. You just have to know what you are doing, and be aware of your weapons and where they are. My swords probibly weigh 5-8 lbs. each (Guessing). I am a female, weigh about 125, am 5'8. Not a lot of my weight is fat, to be fair. Sure, your arms get tired after a hour or two, but it is possible. Actually, I always found a sheild to be more tiring to tote around.

Also speaking as someone who takes martial arts and owns several very high quality katanas, a well-trained person could use two at once, I believe, and they are far faster to weild than Euopean swords.

See, if you have been properly trained and have worked at it with dedication, you don't even need to think about footwork and balance. They are so hardwired into your brain that they become automatic. The same applies to the fighting itself, no matter what disipline you study. The fact of the matter is that in a battle, you don't have time to think; "ok, my feet go here, and to counter this cut.." If you do, you die. You have to be able to react without thinking about it. Take it fromm me. I once dropped one of my co-workers to the floor, just because he thought it would be funny to jump around the corner at me and act like he was going to punch me. I saw him coming, and before my brain could even process what was going on, I snap-kicked him right in the groin. He didn't get up for five minutes. I was sure I was going to be fired:)

Your attention to the realisim is admirable. I hope my message leads you to some new infomation to add to your store :)

Well at least SOMEONE here at least knows what they're talking about.

On the first point, I never said it was impossible. It IS possible, but it just isn't worth using the style in a close-quarters combat situation unless you have room to move. You must agree that to use two swords that are three feet or longer, you'll need a fair amount of space to work with. That's one of the key downfalls of the style. It relies on mobility almost to exclusion. You'd also be aware that your off-hand weapon isn't going to strike half as hard as your main hand, so having a heavier weapon there won't really help you much. I don't know what your local SCA's regulations are regarding combat, but here in Sydney they don't advocate hitting too hard, so you don't actually get to see in practice the differences between strength in either arm.

Katanas are faster. Sure. They are, because they're slightly lighter. They also wouldn't stand up to a strike by a heavier European weapon, because all the strength that comes from the folding is in the edge. Time and effort aren't wasted into folding the steel on the body of the blade which - traditionally - is something you would never have used anyway. If you were going to defend with a katana, you would parry, not block. The steel on the blade that doesn't make up the edge is surprisingly weak in comparison. A good strike from a heavy weapon would damage the thing severely. Also traditionally, katanas were used against lightly-armoured (relative to European armour levels) or unarmoured targets, and hence were optimised for penetration into softer materials. One wouldn't stand up to plate mail half as easily as a heavier European sword would, because the latter was designed with armour in mind. Chainmail could stop a claymore, but you'd still end up with a few broken bones and the huge possibility of internal bleeding.

Yes, you CAN dual-wield katanas much like you could other swords. It's just a question of mobility, training and strength. Half the time you'd be attacking with your main hand anyway, so you're better off relegating the off-hand to defensive functions using a wakizashi.

On the shield thing, if you're going to use your off-hand for defence anyway, you're better off with a more solid piece of defensive hardware.

Points taken, though. Mind, I might have a bias towards using single weapons, but that comes from fencing and sparring with knives.

Btw....

Well at least SOMEONE here at least knows what they're talking about.

On the first point, I never said it was impossible. It IS possible, but it just isn't worth using the style in a close-quarters combat situation unless you have room to move. You must agree that to use two swords that are three feet or longer, you'll need a fair amount of space to work with. That's one of the key downfalls of the style. It relies on mobility almost to exclusion. You'd also be aware that your off-hand weapon isn't going to strike half as hard as your main hand, so having a heavier weapon there won't really help you much. I don't know what your local SCA's regulations are regarding combat, but here in Sydney they don't advocate hitting too hard, so you don't actually get to see in practice the differences between strength in either arm.

Katanas are faster. Sure. They are, because they're slightly lighter. They also wouldn't stand up to a strike by a heavier European weapon, because all the strength that comes from the folding is in the edge. Time and effort aren't wasted into folding the steel on the body of the blade which - traditionally - is something you would never have used anyway. If you were going to defend with a katana, you would parry, not block. The steel on the blade that doesn't make up the edge is surprisingly weak in comparison. A good strike from a heavy weapon would damage the thing severely. Also traditionally, katanas were used against lightly-armoured (relative to European armour levels) or unarmoured targets, and hence were optimised for penetration into softer materials. One wouldn't stand up to plate mail half as easily as a heavier European sword would, because the latter was designed with armour in mind. Chainmail could stop a claymore, but you'd still end up with a few broken bones and the huge possibility of internal bleeding.

Yes, you CAN dual-wield katanas much like you could other swords. It's just a question of mobility, training and strength. Half the time you'd be attacking with your main hand anyway, so you're better off relegating the off-hand to defensive functions using a wakizashi.

On the shield thing, if you're going to use your off-hand for defence anyway, you're better off with a more solid piece of defensive hardware.

Points taken, though. Mind, I might have a bias towards using single weapons, but that comes from fencing and sparring with knives.

Just thought you might be interested...

When I fight, I have a in-and-out, strike hard then retreat, look for openings, weaknesses, and exploit them type of style. If that makes any sense. This is largely because I am roughly 50-100 lbs. lighter than the men I often fight aganst. I'm no weaking, but if I try to go in and pit muscle against muscle, i'm going to lose. I prefer armor that lets me move, because I move around a lot when I fight. I actually try to train both hands equally, so I hit nearly the same from either side. It took more practice on my left, but I got the hang of it. The swords I use are identical. So I guess I do fit what you said about twin sword fighters: I move around a lot, and use a lot of space. How hard you hit, though, is all a matter of training. (I've found)

My local SCA lets you hit pretty hard. When I was first in training, my marshall was always telling me to hit harder. It depends a little on who you are fighting. Some people can take a harder strike than others. You are supposed to let the other person know if they hit too hard. Everyone (me included) has taken their share of bruses home!

I use both hands for blocking/parrying and attacking. My marshall stressed that highly, told me that if you can make that work, the style will work much more efficently

I agree that the katana is slightly lighter... but the fighting style is different too. I's more fluid, more flowing. I've always found it to be more natural, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Of course, I am partial to katanas, because they are the swords used for my martial arts disipline. I may be biased there.

If I was to fight a european soldier with a katana...I'd rely on my speed with that weapon and go for the weak spots and gaps in their armor. I think I could take someone, though I doubt that I'll ever have the oppertunity to find out! I wouldn't try to pit strength against strength, but that is how I fight anyway.

I have to admit that i've never dual-weilded katanas, but I mean to try at some point.

I've never fenced..but mean to take it up. I can't help it, I go for anything where you get a sword:)

That's exactly the point. Almost all warriors in Runescape wear heavy armour regardless of weaponry, so dual-wielding should be ridiculously hard for them, more than it already is without at least some training. Perhaps JAGeX could apply a penalty to accuracy when dual-wielding in heavy armour? Also, as you've pointed out yourself, you do need movement to pull off a twin-weapon style, and Runescapian warriors never move when fighting. Abstraction, I know, but it would look downright silly.

If I was to fight a person (not necessarily a samurai) wielding a katana and I had a heavier blade in my hands, I would aim for a quick defence-offense shift, with an initial focus on parries followed through by a beat on the opponent's blade. Done right, it would shatter the katana or at least damage it to the point where it is useless.

As for my actual style, I'm partial to quick, pressing offense - feint a lunge, hold a half-second, then lunge with a beat on the blade following on with a strike to the torso. If the attack doesn't connect well or glances, don't recover normally from the lunge, but press on, taking the back foot forward and lunging again and again.

Nobody really expects it. =P