Sip

GuidesForScapers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word "sip" just makes me rage. Everyone has words that piss them off, i was just unfortunate enough to get landed with one that people tend to say >_>

Know what makes me rage? Arrogant, belligerent PKers who think they actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I like older couples.

00:34:16 I like couples that's got time in, man.

00:34:18 You know why?

00:34:19 Because I like to see those couples argue.

00:34:21 Couples with time in, small problems become big problems.

00:34:25 If you've got time in, right now, juice can become a problem.

00:34:30 Let you go buy some juice, and she with you while you buy the juice.

00:34:33 You go outside and open up the juice.

00:34:35 She asks for a sip of your juice.

00:34:37 Bet money you lose your mind over that sip of juice.

00:34:39 Bet money you snap.

00:34:40 As soon as you get outside, " "uh, [bleep], didn't you just see me buy the juice when I was inside?

00:34:46 So you wanted some juice?

00:34:47 Why didn't you ask for some juice?

00:34:48 Now you want to take a sip of MY JUICE, [bleep] AROUND AND Take a double sip.

00:34:51 I'm left with a little-ass sip, because your over-thirsty ass want to take a double sip.

00:34:54 No, get your own juice.

00:34:55 Walk your fat ass inside, you sippy-juice bastard.

00:34:58 You wasn't even thinking about " that will be on your mind all day.

00:35:03 Seven hours later, you bring it back up.

00:35:05 "A sip of my goddamned juice.

00:35:08 You are something else.

00:35:09 You know that?

00:35:09 You are something else.

/Kevin hart.

Now I have quelled your rage with comedy.

You are welcome.

I like older couples.

00:34:16 I like couples that's got time in, man.

00:34:18 You know why?

00:34:19 Because I like to see those couples argue.

00:34:21 Couples with time in, small problems become big problems.

00:34:25 If you've got time in, right now, juice can become a problem.

00:34:30 Let you go buy some juice, and she with you while you buy the juice.

00:34:33 You go outside and open up the juice.

00:34:35 She asks for a sip of your juice.

00:34:37 Bet money you lose your mind over that sip of juice.

00:34:39 Bet money you snap.

00:34:40 As soon as you get outside, " "uh, [bleep], didn't you just see me buy the juice when I was inside?

00:34:46 So you wanted some juice?

00:34:47 Why didn't you ask for some juice?

00:34:48 Now you want to take a sip of MY JUICE, [bleep] AROUND AND Take a double sip.

00:34:51 I'm left with a little-ass sip, because your over-thirsty ass want to take a double sip.

00:34:54 No, get your own juice.

00:34:55 Walk your fat ass inside, you sippy-juice bastard.

00:34:58 You wasn't even thinking about " that will be on your mind all day.

00:35:03 Seven hours later, you bring it back up.

00:35:05 "A sip of my goddamned juice.

00:35:08 You are something else.

00:35:09 You know that?

00:35:09 You are something else.

/Kevin hart.

Now I have quelled your rage with comedy.

You are welcome.

You won >_>

GuidesForScapers.png

When people say "pot" I say "I don't smoke".

The word "sip" just makes me rage. Everyone has words that piss them off, i was just unfortunate enough to get landed with one that people tend to say >_>

Know what makes me rage? Arrogant, belligerent PKers who think they actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

Also, this. +9001 times this.

Staurolite.png

The grand scheme of TIF? Someone, please, fill me in.

GuidesForScapers.png

Almost every TIFer it seems has had a bad encounter with a PKer, and now assume most PKers are douches. To be fair, a good portion of them are.

But that's a rant for another day!

Almost every TIFer it seems has had a bad encounter with a PKer, and now assume most PKers are douches. To be fair, a good portion of them are.

But that's a rant for another day!

It is a well known fact most PKers are [bleep]s. However, i feel as if some are forced into it... It is hard not to flame the crap out of someone who is troll ranging or PJing.

GuidesForScapers.png

[hide]successful-troll-is-successful.jpg[/hide]

But just in case it isn't...

Doesn't mean there aren't other words that can be used.

True, but i dislike the one that is used. So i rant about it. Why do people not understand the point of the rant section?

http://forum.tip.it/topic/221628-rants-forum-rules-and-posting-guidelines/

The Rants forum is a place for you vent your RuneScape frustrations, but that does not mean that you can post incoherent one-sentence rants. Similar to how General Discussion topics need to supply a platform for discussion and RuneScape Bugs & Suggestions topics need well thought out ideas, your rants also need to be worthy of discussion. Rather than saying, "I don't like this, it sucks," you need to present a valid argument for your rant and back it up. When creating your topic, imagine how people would respond. Would they have something to say at all? If you can think of valid responses and discussions, the chances are that you have a valid topic/argument. As an example, if you want to rant about an aspect of the RuneScape game, first describe that aspect. Then explain what you think about it, why it negatively affects the game and/or community, and maybe even provide a solution to the problem or describe what Jagex should do to fix it.

Rather than saying, "I don't like this, it sucks," you need to present a valid argument for your rant and back it up

To "sip" something literally means to take a little drink of a liquid...

I don't see how this warrants a rant.

It annoys me, so i rant about it.

Yup.

And I think personal preference of syntax hardly constitutes a valid reason.

The grand scheme of TIF? Someone, please, fill me in.

I was more referring to how so many PKers (this may or may not include you, I really don't know) constantly whine at Jagex for updates, even though Jagex spent the better part of a year trying to accommodate them. PKers make up a pretty small portion of active members, so to see so many updates go to a minority of players who are mostly ungrateful is frustrating, to say the least.

td2sig.jpg

True, but i dislike the one that is used. So i rant about it. Why do people not understand the point of the rant section?

The Rants forum is a place for you vent your RuneScape frustrations, but that does not mean that you can post incoherent one-sentence rants. Similar to how General Discussion topics need to supply a platform for discussion and RuneScape Bugs & Suggestions topics need well thought out ideas, your rants also need to be worthy of discussion. Rather than saying, "I don't like this, it sucks," you need to present a valid argument for your rant and back it up. When creating your topic, imagine how people would respond. Would they have something to say at all? If you can think of valid responses and discussions, the chances are that you have a valid topic/argument. As an example, if you want to rant about an aspect of the RuneScape game, first describe that aspect. Then explain what you think about it, why it negatively affects the game and/or community, and maybe even provide a solution to the problem or describe what Jagex should do to fix it.

Rather than saying, "I don't like this, it sucks," you need to present a valid argument for your rant and back it up

Yup.

According to Runescape you drink it 4 times, so when playing Runescape and clicking it, it is drinking. Not sipping.

Valid argument provided.

I was more referring to how so many PKers (this may or may not include you, I really don't know) constantly whine at Jagex for updates, even though Jagex spent the better part of a year trying to accommodate them. PKers make up a pretty small portion of active members, so to see so many updates go to a minority of players who are mostly ungrateful is frustrating, to say the least.

Ahh. I thought you were simply assuming i was a PKer and were taking a dig at me.

I am perfectly satisfied with all PvP updates =] Never really disliked the old system... And since the new one is an improvement, not much to criticise in my opinion.

GuidesForScapers.png

Yup.

According to Runescape you drink it 4 times, so when playing Runescape and clicking it, it is drinking. Not sipping.

Valid argument provided.

But wats a synonym.

Yup.

Valid argument provided.

But wats a synonym.

Not personal preference, to say you 'sip' a potion is incorrect. There is no 'sip' option. Synonym or not, it is technically incorrect to use the word 'sip' in the context of using the 'drink' option in Runescape.

Yes, i do personally prefer 'drink' to 'sip', but that is not the valid argument i provided for this rant.

GuidesForScapers.png

Yup.

Valid argument provided.

But wats a synonym.

Not personal preference, to say you 'sip' a potion is incorrect. There is no 'sip' option. Synonym or not, it is technically incorrect to use the word 'sip' in the context of using the 'drink' option in Runescape.

Yes, i do personally prefer 'drink' to 'sip', but that is not the valid argument i provided for this rant.

Then you'd better go out and edit away every instance you said to "kill" a monster or player. You can't "kill" a monster, you can only "attack" it.

Yup.

Valid argument provided.

But wats a synonym.

Then you'd better go out and edit away every instance you said to "kill" a monster or player. You can't "kill" a monster, you can only "attack" it.

k brb

GuidesForScapers.png

You can perform a drinking action on the potion, which will result in a sip, similar to how you can attack a monster, leading to a kill.

You can perform a drinking action on the potion, which will result in a sip, similar to how you can attack a monster, leading to a kill.

It is never referred to as a sip by Jagex, but attacking a monster or player until it reaches 0lp is frequently referred to as 'killing' it.

Drinking is to take a liquid into the mouth and swallow, which is what the drink action makes your character emulate. Not sipping, drinking.

GuidesForScapers.png

It is never referred to as a sip by Jagex, but attacking a monster or player until it reaches 0lp is frequently referred to as 'killing' it.

Drinking is to take a liquid into the mouth and swallow, which is what the drink action makes your character emulate. Not sipping, drinking.

Drinking a portion of a liquid is frequently referred to as sipping it, similar to attacking a monster until it reaches 0 is referred to as killing it. Drinking/sipping can look identical, but because we can't see the vial, we cannot determine this.

Drinking a portion of a liquid is frequently referred to as sipping it, similar to attacking a monster until it reaches 0 is referred to as killing it. Drinking/sipping can look identical, but because we can't see the vial, we cannot determine this.

Frequently referred to as sipping, but not by Jagex.

GuidesForScapers.png

+1.

I Mean if this is really a ground breaking concern, modify the applet to say sip.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

verb /sip/ 

sipped, past participle; sipped, past tense; sipping, present participle; sips, 3rd person singular present

Drink (something) by taking small mouthfuls

- I sat sipping coffee

- she sipped at her tea

verb /driNGk/ 

drank, past tense; drinking, present participle; drinks, 3rd person singular present; drunk, past participle

Take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow

- we sat by the fire, drinking our coffee

- he drank thirstily

If we look at the size of a vial, herb, secondary, etc. we can determine that, relative to the size of the avatar, a vial or potion is fairly small. Thus, it can be sipped OR drunk. Either term is correct.

Fanserviceftw_7538_Obvious_troll_is_obvious.jpg

PM me for fitocracy invite