Various questions

Amonitas

So yeah I have a lot of questions so I decided to ask them all here to avoid spam.

1. My goal currently is the quest cape. The biggest requirements I lack are mining and thieving. Both skills which I absolutely hate and can't do for more than 30 minutes without going insane.

So should Pyramid Plunder be a decent choice for me to make it more enjoyable? How about mining? Granite really wasn't my thing...

2. Can I beat Nomad with my current stats? If not, what do I need to do?

3. How do I make a bit more money? I spend most of my money doing herb runs and slayer tasks. I hate killing dragons unless on a task.

Well that's all on my mind know. Should be pretty simple :)

Thanks.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

For thieving - I don't think Pyramid Plunder is good until 80? (double check that) or so

For mining - Granite is your only option

For Nomad - it's doable but it may be hard to do

I had a pretty easy time doing it with range (which IMO you should opt for as well) - so get that up to at least 80 or so and it'll be a piece of cake

You shouldn't be spending money on herb runs - you should be making money on herb runs

Other ways to make money:

1.) Kill dragons - green in wildy, blue in taverley dungeon, black in the place RFD unlocks, and frosts - at the frost dungeon

^A LOT of these places may be infested with bots - and in that case, you should just hop onto a foreign world

2.) Dailies - I usually buy the broad unfinished arrow/bolts, the ingredient to make tbirds near Oolong, and staves

3.) Unf pots - I do these sometimes when waiting for a DG team to get ready

^NOTE: THE GE PRICES ARE NOT CORRECT - the unf sell for a great deal below their med so just comparing the listed GE prices may be wrong

4.) Picking Mort Myre Fungus/Whiteberries - I don't like these methods as you have to pay too much attention for the comparatively low gains

5.) Keep your popularity at Miscellania up - I collect once every two weeks and I keep my workers at 10 maple, 5 coal but if you're collecting often - you should put 9 workers at maple and 6 at coal

capt%20kevin.png

1. I find mining and thieving to be hard to train due to boredom. For me the best way to train them is by using high xp/hr methods with plenty of breaks. It helps to break up the training and only get around 10-15k xp per day, despite taking a long time, to prevent boredom. Having friends to talk to/music to listen to can help temporarily.

2. Nomad should be possible with your levels. I beat him with 75 range while using brews for the first time. The keys are not to panic and not to give up.

3. Like Litterbug said, try doing daily collectables. You could also get eyes of newt from Taverly and sand from Yanille, and visit all your fruit trees a few times a day for the fruits (E.g papayas, coconuts, etc.).

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

More explanation further, but as quick responses:

1.Pyramid plunder with Penguin points, or black jacking, with penguin points.

2.Yes.

3.Killing things and collecting things. =D :thumbup:

So yeah I have a lot of questions so I decided to ask them all here to avoid spam.

1. My goal currently is the quest cape. The biggest requirements I lack are mining and thieving. Both skills which I absolutely hate and can't do for more than 30 minutes without going insane.

So should Pyramid Plunder be a decent choice for me to make it more enjoyable? How about mining? Granite really wasn't my thing...

Pyramid Plunder would be a decent option for you if you find it fun, otherwise it'll end up like black jacking and drive you crazy... I found it quite relieving when I was training. As for mining, the only thing i can say to that is to just do it like a boss, one place I found beneficial when training was the dwarven mines. There is a resource dungeon in the f2p part but outside are three iron spots close together. Mine those with a varrock plate on and deposit in the deposit box just inside the resource dungeon.

2. Can I beat Nomad with my current stats? If not, what do I need to do?

Yes, but it will require quite a bit of luck. I will add to what Squakus said, the keys are don't panic, watch some guides, NEVER GIVE UP, and above all, spam those kyatt scrolls. =p

3. How do I make a bit more money? I spend most of my money doing herb runs and slayer tasks. I hate killing dragons unless on a task.

If you hate doing those things for money, then dailies would be your best option as mentioned before. On another note look at some ge prices, see how to obtain items that are just under 1k or around that, and see how easy they are to obtain. Get into MHing, do the mole solo for some really decent cash. Turning in the claws and mole hides really adds up as the crushed nests are worth about 10k a pop now. :shades:

Well that's all on my mind know. Should be pretty simple :)

Thanks.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Wow thanks a lot, I will definitely try to solo mole, it should be fun lmao :D

And btw, I misspelled in the OP. I don't spend on herbs, I mean't to say that's where I get most of my money :P

Anyways, most of these I already do. I collect Bstaves, manage my kingom and stuff. Dragons are a no no, I can't stand anything where there are more players than the monsters you are trying to kill.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August