Mithril Dragon Task

Agen

Got a Mithril Dragons task from kuradal and I want to know gear + stuff to prayer etc. Don't tell me to skip because I want to do them atleast once.

93 att

96 str

92 def

95 hp

95 mage

87 ranged

95 prayer

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Since miths are assigned in small numbers, I like to do them using max strength... fsh, fury, fire cape, rapier, ddef, bandos, dboots, barrow gloves, zerker ring (imbued if you have it) and simply pray mage/turmoil. Miths can hit pretty hard with their melee attack, so use this method only if you are very comfortable with prayer flash. You will be flashing between soul split and protect mage. You should bring korasi's to spec, 1 ovl, 1 super antifire, and 1-2 prayer pots. Just for safety, bring a few pieces of high level food (monkfish/shark/rocktail) in case you get combo'd.

The alternative (which is less click and focus intensive than the above) is to go for mage defence... fsh, fury, fire cape, rapier, ddef, karils top + skirt, dboots, bgloves, zerker ring. In this setup, you pray melee/turmoil. Korasi's as above, flash soul split to heal off the magic damage.

EDIT: nvm, just checked your stats and noticed your herb level... remove the ovl/super antifire and bring a superset and dfs > antifire shield rather than a ddef. Without the defence boost from ovl, I think karil's is actually a better option than bandos. I'm not completely sure about this though, as I've always ovl'd at miths.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I usually mage them with this set up:

Helmet: Full Slayer Helmet

Body: Ahrim's Robe Top

Legs: Ahrim's Robe Bottom

Shield: Anti-dragon Fire Shield / Dragon Fire Shield / Dragon Defender (if using Super Anti-fire)

Gloves: Barrows Gloves / Dragon Slayer gloves if you prefer although I'm not if they work against Mithril dragons =X)

Boots: Infinity Boots / Wizard Boots / Any other boots that can give a decent mage bonus

Cape: Soul Wars / Skill Cape

Amulet: Arcane Stream Necklace (dungeoneering reward) / Amulet of Fury / Amulet of Glory

Ring: Seer's Ring / Beacon Ring / Explorer's Ring (because the bonus isn't too crazily high, unless you're using a Seer's Ring, I usually just have Ring of Wealth instead)

Weapon: Staff of Light / Elemental Staff

Spell: Any fire spell, preferably Blast or higher if you can afford to; Slayer Dart is cheaper but is considerably slower

Prayer: Protect from Range / Deflect Range

Note: Stand a few steps away from mithril dragons to avoid their melee attack

Inventory (Plus Beast of Burden):

• Teleport Tabs
  • Anti-Fire/Super Anti-fire Potions
  • Prayer Potions
  • Food (Swordfish or higher)

The numbers of those items will vary depending on how many you have per task. =)

Hope this helps some!

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

Good enough for his stats

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

I usually fire surge them with SoL and Arcane stream necklace. Can take them down in no time. I hear rapier and maxed strength gear is better, but i need to train magic anyway. :D

Why on earth would you skip btw? Mithril dragons are one of my favorite tasks, 18 points in a few minutes, and chance of dfh/visage.

CNqWHdA.jpg