What Loyalty Rewards Say to Me

Trevorghost

If you think no micro transactions and low price account for nothing you are oblivious and can't be helped.

You clearly hate runescape or have some issue with Jagex, That's cool. But why are you on a fansite?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think no micro transactions and low price account for nothing you are oblivious and can't be helped.

You clearly hate runescape or have some issue with Jagex, That's cool. But why are you on a fansite?

By no means do I hate RS. I played RS for 5 1/2 years and levelled cooking to 99 on one acc.

But in the end, I just thought: why am I still clicking on stuff? This isn't interesting anymore, and I've far better ways of spending my time and better games to play. I've nothing against it, but I just got bored with the repetitive, slow, jerky gameplay. I may decide to do back, who knows.

As for your first line: never said they "account for nothing" (should be "count for nothing"), but I merely pointed out that they are not the only thing that matters; gameplay is, in my mind, far more important. I don't know whether you misinterpreted what I've previously said, or whether you enjoy misconstruing it, but I'd recommend you refrain from doing so as you have.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

The fact that there are no microtransactions and a low price doesn't mean anything to many people

Playing dumb now I see. Very cool.

I would suggest you head on over to Zybez. Your hatred for Jagex and your naivety will both work to your benefit there.

And 'Account' was the correct and appropriate word to use. Well done.

The fact that there are no microtransactions and a low price doesn't mean anything to many people

Playing dumb now I see. Very cool.

I would suggest you head on over to Zybez. Your hatred for Jagex and your naivety will both work to your benefit there.

And 'Account' was the correct and appropriate word to use. Well done.

Look, Napoleon, look at the words I wrote: "to many people". Then let's look at what you said

If you can't see the difference, then it's certainly not a good reason to launch into vitriolic and personal attacks against me.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

Look, Napoleon, look at the words I wrote: "to many people". Then let's look at what you said

If you can't see the difference, then it's certainly not a good reason to launch into vitriolic and personal attacks against me.

I see the difference. It's still a ridiculous comment.

And I apologize for what you perceived as personal attacks. The way you posted, I assumed you had come to terms with and accepted it. I'll be clearer in the future.

Both of you are being [bleep]s. Play nice :angry:

Looking back over my posts, your right.

Legit apologizes, the negativity on this forum affects me at times.

Same here, it's understandable :^_^:

PM me for fitocracy invite

But now, that's exactly what Jagex is doing. Replacing content with this marketing garbage. A little piece of me died when I read this month's Behind the Scenes. It finally became clear that this isn't the RuneScape I grew to love. This is a game I don't even know anymore.

I just don't know how much more I can handle.

A piece of you died, really? When I think of a piece of someone dying I think of that person losing family or losing the ability to walk, you know, something LIFE CHANGING.

If you don't know/love the game anymore and can't handle much more then go away. No one told you you had to keep playing. I really fail to see how this bothers so many people. It's not like if you don't subscribe every month you get hurt in any way. And as of right now, the advantages gained by loyalty points are not that huge.

Sure, maybe this a bit of a new more extreme marketing tactic, but it affects gameplay for everyone very little. If Jagex makes it so the prizes for "loyalty" really give people advantages that impact game play, then there will be a problem. How about just for now, just for a little bit, we don't condemn every knew Jagex update as an instant abomination.

But now, that's exactly what Jagex is doing. Replacing content with this marketing garbage. A little piece of me died when I read this month's Behind the Scenes. It finally became clear that this isn't the RuneScape I grew to love. This is a game I don't even know anymore.

I just don't know how much more I can handle.

A piece of you died, really? When I think of a piece of someone dying I think of that person losing family or losing the ability to walk, you know, something LIFE CHANGING.

If you don't know/love the game anymore and can't handle much more then go away. No one told you you had to keep playing. I really fail to see how this bothers so many people. It's not like if you don't subscribe every month you get hurt in any way. And as of right now, the advantages gained by loyalty points are not that huge.

Sure, maybe this a bit of a new more extreme marketing tactic, but it affects gameplay for everyone very little. If Jagex makes it so the prizes for "loyalty" really give people advantages that impact game play, then there will be a problem. How about just for now, just for a little bit, we don't condemn every knew Jagex update as an instant abomination.

Without exaggeration, every update in the past month or two has been crap except titles, emotes, and the whip update. No bot stoppers, no new areas, crappy quests, gimmicky crap, etc.

Without exaggeration, every update in the past month or two has been crap except titles, emotes, and the whip update. No bot stoppers, no new areas, crappy quests, gimmicky crap, etc.

So let's just go ahead and review from the beginning of May until now in the terms of updates.

May 3- Capes of Distinction. I thought many of these were cool and I know many other people share my opinion.

May 16- Lava Flow Mine. Although I have never played this activity, I've heard it's pretty fun and the gold armor reward is awesome for mining.

May 25- Death Hats. This one goes to you because these are pretty lame, despite the positive graphics boost to Draynor.

June 1- Fremennik Sagas. know very little about this one, so I don't feel justified judging it, although it appears to lean to the more suckish side.

June 7- Deadliest Catch. One word: Crap

June 14- Troll Invasion. A fairly good new activity giving both combat and non-combat options.

June 28- Loyalty Program. I big debate over this one obviously, but I still see this as a fairly cool update and you said you like the titles and emotes.

July 1- Behind the Scene. Promises some great and really cool things in July like Clan Citadels, whip update, and a new quest. Hopefully Jagex can back up their talk.

July 5- Salt in the Wound. The the release of a much anticipated quest that looks like fun despite the low requirements. Jagex also kind of shot them selves in the foot here by releasing this new axe thingy which is much like the loyalty program, but in my opinion much worse.

So, in conclusion, I count 5 good things with the promise of more to come as compared to 3 bad things and one that could go either way. Maybe you don't share my opinion of these updates but I think if a company can get more then 50% of their updates right then they are doing fine.

I'm actually kind of annoyed that it only takes affect now and that there is no difference between if you've already been paying for RuneScape since 2003 or if you started paying to play June 26. I've been paying for years on my account and it feels like a bit of a slap in the face to start out with the same basic 500 "loyalty points" that people who joined last week get. If Jagex really wants it to be a loyalty program and not just a gimmick to get new subscribers, it should be rewarding people who have been paying for years prior to this program's creation. I'm sure they have that on file somewhere.

Other than that I don't really care. I might make use of the stuff available. Might not. I don't really care. I acknowledge Jagex is just trying to make money and it doesn't matter to me how it turns out.

Except what the hell is with the user titles? That is the most annoying thing since quick chat.

1.png
generic_signature.png

Except what the hell is with the user titles? That is the most annoying thing since quick chat.

Titles rock 8-)

I have sir. I'm saving up for king.

Have you seen the names people are making with the titles? I've seen comecision (somebody on this forum had that name) and vix :lol:

That's a very single-minded way of viewing it. Every update has its detractors, and generally people condemn Jagex when they feel the need to and, if they are pleased with Jagex, they praise them or stay quiet. True, there are some that moan about everything, but that's not an RS issue - you find those sort of people in life. Telling them things like "stop moaning" isn't going to work. Similarly, there are the opposite types, who think that Jagex virtually walk on water and everything they do is perfect.

I think, on the whole, most of us are balanced critics of Jagex.

On the topic of this loyalty programme, though; it is pretty useless. Total and utter waste of time for everyone. There's little need to "wait and see"; I've been to Starbucks, and the principle here is identical. The difference is: the expectation is that Jagex will improve the game to give people the incentive to pay, rather than just chuck in some silly gimmicks. People go to Starbucks because they like lukewarm milk.

I think, on the whole, most of us are balanced critics of Jagex.

HA! You make me laugh! I almost never here anyone complimenting Jagex. If Jagex bashing was a sport, it would quickly over turn any other sport in existence ever. The last comment was of course an extreme hyperbole, but honestly, is it is easier to be nice or mean? Is it easier to make the hard good choice or the easy bad choice? Is it easier to compliment or complain? I in no way mean to insult anyone, but I think we need to be honest with ourselves here. I complain about Jagex, you complain about Jagex, everyone complains about Jagex. Very few people think they walk on water. And if someone stays quiet that doesn't mean they don't have complaints, they just aren't expressive. It's easy to pick on Jagex, and they don't help this by making some of the stupid moves they make, but to say people are balanced critics is a FALSE statement. Being a balanced critic is very hard for anyone, not because we aren't smart, or level headed or genuinely good people, but because we are not perfect.

HA! You make me laugh! I almost never here anyone complimenting Jagex.

I don't know about you, but when I'm happy about an update I'm just happy, I won't necessarily go talk about it because it's not necessary nor is it constructive.

For instance when I came back from a long break I was pretty happy when I saw jagex had introduced dragon claws, because I wanted those ever since the first bronze to rune claws. No point in making a topic or a post about it because it has no discussion value and it's not relevant or interesting for other people to read.

2480+ total

HA! You make me laugh! I almost never here anyone complimenting Jagex.

I don't know about you, but when I'm happy about an update I'm just happy, I won't necessarily go talk about it because it's not necessary nor is it constructive.

For instance when I came back from a long break I was pretty happy when I saw jagex had introduced dragon claws, because I wanted those ever since the first bronze to rune claws. No point in making a topic or a post about it because it has no discussion value and it's not relevant or interesting for other people to read.

So... you kinda proved my point. Not really in its entirety, but you did say you don't give out compliments, meaning it makes sense that I don't here them. I'm not saying people don't like the things Jagex does, but the complaint to compliment ratio is uber high in favor of the complaints. I also disagree that there is no point in making a forum topic about. Why is it any different then there being a point in ranting about something? Talking about goods things IS constructive.

*Hear not here.

Talking about good things is not constructive, it's pointless. Say dragon claws are introduced - you make a topic saying dragon claws rock, thanks Jagex. Where does it go from there?

I like Jagex in general and I think they're not doing too bad, but complaints are expressed more often, which is why you think everyone thinks they suck. Unless you've taken a survey of a good sample size, don't make assumptions.

Good things are constructive. Do you know the definition of constructive? Constructive: helping to improve; promoting further development or advancement. Don't you think Jagex should know what they are doing right instead of hearing either complaints or silence? Also what is better when it comes to the general attitude of the public? Talking about good things makes people feel good, talking about all the stuff Jagex does wrong is not uplifting. I'd rather have a happy community then an angry one, and that doesn't mean that much less complaining, just some more complimenting.

Also if you read my previous posts, I like Jagex. I know other people like Jagex. The whole point of my words was to say that people complain more then they compliment. Not that people hate more then they like. Please READ before you comment.

I said: Maybe you don't share my opinion of these updates but I think if a company can get more then 50% of their updates right then they are doing fine.

I'm not saying people don't like the things Jagex does,

READ

Good things are constructive. Do you know the definition of constructive? Constructive: helping to improve; promoting further development or advancement. Don't you think Jagex should know what they are doing right instead of hearing either complaints or silence? Also what is better when it comes to the general attitude of the public? Talking about good things makes people feel good, talking about all the stuff Jagex does wrong is not uplifting. I'd rather have a happy community then an angry one, and that doesn't mean that much less complaining, just some more complimenting.

Also if you read my previous posts, I like Jagex. I know other people like Jagex. The whole point of my words was to say that people complain more then they compliment. Not that people hate more then they like. Please READ before you comment.

I said: Maybe you don't share my opinion of these updates but I think if a company can get more then 50% of their updates right then they are doing fine.

READ

I do not appreciate the thinly veiled insults and I am barely keeping myself from starting to berate you.

Talking about how an update was good does not lift the community spirit - it raises it slightly while reading and for about 5 minutes afterward, then is forgotten and tossed aside.

Rants, however stupid they may be, help improve the game. They bring up what needs to be fixed to make the game better. Saying good job afterwards is nice, but doesn't really help much at all in the long run.

Very few people think they walk on water. And if someone stays quiet that doesn't mean they don't have complaints, they just aren't expressive.

This is what I was replying to. Unless you have taken a survey of said quiet people, you have no idea what they think and cannot assume they have complaints, nor can you assume that they do not think Jagex is doing great.

READ

I do not appreciate the thinly veiled insults and I am barely keeping myself from starting to berate you.

Talking about how an update was good does not lift the community spirit - it raises it slightly while reading and for about 5 minutes afterward, then is forgotten and tossed aside.

Rants, however stupid they may be, help improve the game. They bring up what needs to be fixed to make the game better. Saying good job afterwards is nice, but doesn't really help much at all in the long run.

Very few people think they walk on water. And if someone stays quiet that doesn't mean they don't have complaints, they just aren't expressive.

This is what I was replying to. Unless you have taken a survey of said quiet people, you have no idea what they think and cannot assume they have complaints, nor can you assume that they do not think Jagex is doing great.

I completely disagree with your point on talking about good things and I am having a hard time not labeling you a negative person. Your second point is double sided since you cannot assume they are not having complaints. You can not say Runescape does not have negative community outlook on Jagex based on information that may or may not exist. Based on open or expressive person information, my assumption of a negative towards Jagex community is fairly reasonable. Also, my sorry my insults were so thinly veiled. I did not mean to insult you, but if I do in the future I will work on making them more obvious.

I did not mean to insult you, but if I do in the future I will work on making them more obvious.

Well, I'm done here. Have to control my anger to have a chance at trainee moderator :thumbup: