Dead or Alive 4

Papickett

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a thread about this seeing as how the game has been out for more than two weeks so I decided to make a thread.

If you didn't already know, DOA4 is the first fighting game for the Xbox 360 and is an absolutely AMAZING game. Team Ninja did everything right with this game(exept for the occasional clipping and online glitches). The game is hard if you're new to the series. They've toughened up the AI so you're going to need to practice. But believe me, this is one of the best games(if not the best game) out for the 360 right now. The online has a bit of lag and there are some leaderboard glitches but it'll be fixed within the coming weeks. If you want to play a few games with me, my gamertag is Papickett.

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

It was better on Dreamcast :P.

Nah, its a good game.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

It was better on Dreamcast :P.

The Dreamcast DOA2 was way better than DOA2 on the PS2. The english voiceovers haunt me to this day.

Ein: Good vibration!

9fe567ac.jpg

Retired(Oh noes!)

This game is SO FREAKING HARD! I end up fighting Alpha-152 at the end several times with any character that has to fight her. Most of the time I only get one or two combos in (and I'm a little more than decent at DOA games, better at Soul Calibur).

I've only ever played the original and all I can remember for it was the option to turn on and off the uhhh...well....the females....and the bouncing...you get it!

We all know the real reason anyone would buy this game :lol:

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I've only ever played the original and all I can remember for it was the option to turn on and off the uhhh...well....the females....and the bouncing...you get it!

yeah, i got me DOA xtreme beach volleyball :) w0000000t!

actually its quit fun playing it and collecting swimsuits.. :|

Ryu Hayabusa in his tight leather 8)

9fe567ac.jpg

Retired(Oh noes!)

I hate DOA.

I was playing it with some friends at a lan (it was like 4am, we were bored) and it just involved random button mashing untill someone wins. Realy, with the exception of the models (we all know where they spent time in the game on) the game was... crap.

Deffinitly not looking foward to DOA 4... just another random button masher 3d fighting game.

Now, 2D fighters, thats another story. 8)

This game is overrated. The gameplay sucks and the only reason I love playing it is for fighting with the ladies 8)

Agreed, I hate how the healthbar combared to the attack damage is such a messed up ratio. It's just like Tekken Advanced, crap.

I hate DOA.

I was playing it with some friends at a lan (it was like 4am, we were bored) and it just involved random button mashing untill someone wins. Realy, with the exception of the models (we all know where they spent time in the game on) the game was... crap.

Deffinitly not looking foward to DOA 4... just another random button masher 3d fighting game.

There is this crazy invention. I'm not sure that you've heard of it. It's this magical little device called the "X" button. If you button mash, you're going to get torn apart online(well not at the moment. There are still a bunch of button-mashing idiots on Xboxlive but they'll thin out once they find out that they suck at the game). You can button mash at any fighting game and win as long as you're playing with other noobs. And if you want to talk about button-mashing to the MAX, look at Soul Calibur.

This game is overrated. The gameplay sucks and the only reason I love playing it is for fighting with the ladies 8)

You're overrated :x

9fe567ac.jpg

Retired(Oh noes!)

I hate DOA.

There is this crazy invention. I'm not sure that you've heard of it. It's this magical little device called the "X" button. If you button mash, you're going to get torn apart online(well not at the moment. There are still a bunch of button-mashing idiots on Xboxlive but they'll thin out once they find out that they suck at the game). You can button mash at any fighting game and win as long as you're playing with other noobs. And if you want to talk about button-mashing to the MAX, look at Soul Calibur.

If you lose to someone who button mashes in Soul Caliber 2, every credit you have as a gamer is gone, rofl.

The game still, to me, doesn't have much depth at all. Wooh, you can block. Thing is, durring my time playing DOA I felt that nothing would be better than a button masher, or perhaps, someone who button mashes with the random block.

I just didn't like the game, it's very overrated as said in another post earlier here.

I hate DOA.

If you lose to someone who button mashes in Soul Caliber 2, every credit you have as a gamer is gone, rofl.

I guess anybody who loses loses all credit as a gamer.

The game still, to me, doesn't have much depth at all. Wooh, you can block. Thing is, durring my time playing DOA I felt that nothing would be better than a button masher, or perhaps, someone who button mashes with the random block.

I just didn't like the game, it's very overrated as said in another post earlier here.

I was referring to more things than just the block button. I was mainly empasizing the counter mechanic. If somebody button-mashes, you can easily counter anything they throw at you. Then there are always counter-[bleep] who you can always throw.

9fe567ac.jpg

Retired(Oh noes!)

People you should know, Papickett is a very big DOA/Team Ninja fanboy. Do not listen to him, it's a horrible game. Just kidding it was pretty good the few times I played, I completely beat the crap out of Papickett. You play like a girl Pickett. See you at school Andrew, Love you, smooches.