Runes....multiple uses?

pageup11

We know that when you runecraft, you can get more runes than the ess you runecrafted. But what if you can get more uses out of runes when you runecraft them? The amount of uses depends on your runecrafting lvls. To get 1 more use off of your rune, you need to have 3 levels higher than the skill number you needed to produce them.And the max uses is 5. All exept nature, law, and blood runes.(Hey, you dont wanna over power mages do ya?) Tell me what you think.

I've thought a about that before, but probably no; because it would be too complicated. You see, then you would need two stats for runestones: amount and charges, and it would be really hard to seperate the runes with different charges into two piles or something because the amount might not allow it. You get what I mean?

If you really want mages to take it easier, I would halve the shop-price of all current runes except the basic ones.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Uhm.. I don't really see a point to this.

Runes are stackable and have no weight, so what advantage would there be to have a 2 charge air rune rather than 2 air runes? They both take up 1 slot, weigh nothing and count for 2 uses.

If it's so you get more rune uses per essence at a certain level of runecrafting it would be simpler to just modify the levels at which you get 2x, 3x, etc runes per ess..

Uhm.. I don't really see a point to this.

Runes are stackable and have no weight, so what advantage would there be to have a 2 charge air rune rather than 2 air runes? They both take up 1 slot, weigh nothing and count for 2 uses.

If it's so you get more rune uses per essence at a certain level of runecrafting it would be simpler to just modify the levels at which you get 2x, 3x, etc runes per ess..

Aye, this is true. At least it makes more sense than having multiple uses for runes. In a way, all this is doing is just making it easier to rc the runes, not making it easier for mages.

Abutebaris modo subjunctivo denuo.

newscapere4.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

Ok, this is why this idea won't work:

Say you have 10 2 charge Air Runes, and 1 5 charge Air rune. If they stack together, they would need the following statistics:

2 Charge - 10

5 Charge - 1

And what if you have to seperate them into different piles? How are you going to control what charges runes are going into the bank account, if differently charged runes stack together?

If you seperate the about pile, let us say you put 5 Air Runes into your bank. Well, is the 5 charge one going in, or is it staying in your inventory? If you have like 10 different charges, that would be very difficult to divide.

Runecrafting:

So you want to do this to explain how one rune essence becomes lots? I'll do it for you:

See that rune essence is unstackable, while runes are. That is because a rune essence is BIG: very big. When you bind the power of the altars into blank rune essences, a huge part of the essence is destroyed by the powers, and so at the end only a small pebble of a rune is sucessfully bond;while the rest of the huge essence is destroyed.

The higher your Runecrafting level, the more apt you are at binding the powers of the altars into essence, so you can create more small runestones: a.k.a. you destroy less of the essence.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Or instead of relating it to runecrafting, why not relate it to mage? To stop people who've just learnt air blast or fire blast from completely destroying you because they have high rc. Make it so spells cost less when you're like a certain amount above their level, maybe double the mage level or something.

Junkieman608.png

dumb idea

Have yourself trampled by gazelles, you useless prat.

Ahem.

My theory behind it is that runes already function in that way - otherwise how could you carry absurd amounts of them without their singularly inconsequential weight adding up to an obscene number? In theory, when you buy or "withdraw" runes, you're only transfering power from an abstract source to the actual stone, which you only have one of. When you "run out" of runes, you still have the stone, but it doesn't have enough charge to do what it's supposed to, so you head back to the bank or shop to get more charges.

For rune essence, same deal. Get hunks of semi-magical rock, toss them at an altar and they all go boom - and the combined energies of the essence and the altar get sucked into the stone you're always carrying.

If that is what JAGeX intended, they would make it that way. Besides, I don't think they did... it is rather obvious JAGeX intends each rune to be a seperate object.

As a counter for your stack problem, remember arrows can stack without adding weight too.

Another counter: why would you be able to trade runes then? And how come when the charges in a rune is used up, it disappears?

The only way the charge thing is going to work is if individual runes aren't stacked, or Zonorhc's idea is implemented fully. Otherwise, I oppose this idea.

In fact, I have thought about charged runes myself a lot of times, but because of the explaination I gave a few posts above, I don't think it would work.

~Toxicologist~

Of course. Does it sound unreasonable to you?

It does destroy the whole idea of the Rune Essence Mine, and the Abyss, etc... Runecrafting would be devestated if this happened.

~Toxicologist~

its a great idea the obvious is...

rangers use arrows and can reuse most of em again etc..

melee can use tehre weapon forever

mage needs to pay for every cast

dd spec - 30k + posion cost - like 50k for dd(s) max 70 last forever

range spec 2 rune arrows 800gp max 44 can probably reuse.. for another range spec then have 1 arrow left

ice barrage 2blood 4death 6 water 2300gp max 30 1 use only and probably only hit a 9 unless your lucky...

sp yes i agree runes should last logner or cost less

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

What about Warriors and Rangers? They don't use much money at all. If you ask me the cost for raising a Mage should be made more reasonable compared to Warriors and Rangers.

Warriors: Expensive Armour and Weapons with almost no Upkeep Cost.

Rangers: Cheap Armour and Weapons with Medium Upkeep Cost.

Mages: Expensive Armour and Weapons with Expensive Upkeep Cost.

I think Mages should have their Upkeep Cost reduced at least to the level of Rangers.

~Toxicologist~

What about Warriors and Rangers? They don't use much money at all. If you ask me the cost for raising a Mage should be made more reasonable compared to Warriors and Rangers.

Warriors: Expensive Armour and Weapons with almost no Upkeep Cost.

Rangers: Cheap Armour and Weapons with Medium Upkeep Cost.

Mages: Expensive Armour and Weapons with Expensive Upkeep Cost.

I think Mages should have their Upkeep Cost reduced at least to the level of Rangers.

Ah, but thats why f2p is ideal for your analogy. If I'm correct, you are an f2p, yes? Mage armour on f2p is cheap as you can get, it's free from simple monsters. This makes the cost of runes balanced. Ranger armour isn't considered cheap to many f2pers, due it its unavaliability to be crafted. The arrows have more uses than runes, so it equalizes. And, as you said, warrior is pricey to start, free to continue.

Unfortunately, none are capable of balancing with warrior ultimately. If you were to continue using all your stuff, mages and rangers alike would continue paying, though have the advantage of not having to pay for food. If you factor in food, they may all balance out.

Back on topic, the rune charge idea is just silly. I think you should always be 'carrying' all types of runes, and you just need to collect charges. THe runes would take no inv space, and would be displayed at the top of the magic spellbook. Simple as that.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

I don't like the idea, rangers have to make arrows, warriors have to buy armor, mages have to make runes. Case closed

fan of her's.
You know what I hate? People putting an apostrophe on a personal pronoun. STOP IT.

Dorker, if you have nothing intelligent to say don't say anything.

~Toxicologist~

the idea doesnt make sense. the runecrafting/stacking system is excellent the way it is. what difference it makes if you have a single fire rune with 500 charges, or 500 fire runes? and they are used up at the same rate for the same spell, so why not leave it as it is? besides, suppose you want to buy a fire rune with 4k charges. i have a fire rune with 6k charges, but i cant sell it to you because i cant split it, since its a single rune with charges.

with stackable runes, none of these problems exist. leave it the way it is

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank