Pre-Workout Supplements

justcallmedaddy

Hey. I was wondering if any of you who lifted regularly took pre-workout supplements before you worked and and what brand/kind you use. I personally had this C4 stuff. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/c4-extreme.html

I loved it. It kept me feeling like a superhero throughout my workouts and the taste was great. 10/10.

NOW, I use this stuff that tastes like absolute liquid [cabbage]. http://www.muscletech.com/products/neurocore/index.shtml It works well and has me feeling strong,but it's taste is something else. It has such a kick it tastes like it has alcohol in it. (It obviously doesn't). 8/10

But anyway, is using this stuff bad for you? I'm only 17 (18 in 3 months) and I'm just wondering if this will stunt my ass or whatever.

The only thing I drink before a workout supplement wise is a protein shake. I'd like to use pre-workout supplements but my friends will call me a tool, and I don't think my parents would approve.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I use Jack3d, 1-2 scoops 30 mins before a workout with 300ml of water. Best pre-workout supp Ive used and isnt expensive at all (£20 for 250g)

Haha, oh my gosh, one of my friends from college uses that stuff, too. We always laugh about it because he seriously gets jacked for maybe 45 minutes and does reps like a beast and then just crashes like crazy. It's pretty freakin funny.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'd like to use pre-workout supplements but my friends will call me a tool

Why?? Even if you are worried about what your friends think, you can just drink at home before meeting with them. They don't have to know.

I'm not really concerned too much about my friends, it's more my parents (or mum, rather). I can remember when I said I wanted to buy protein shakes, she flipped saying it was unhealthy and not natural and all this other crap.

I'm 17 as well, and I'd rather hold off buying it for now until I have fully grown. On the Gaspari SuperPump it says that you should not use it if you are under 18.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I use Jack3d, 1-2 scoops 30 mins before a workout with 300ml of water. Best pre-workout supp Ive used and isnt expensive at all (£20 for 250g)

Haha, oh my gosh, one of my friends from college uses that stuff, too. We always laugh about it because he seriously gets jacked for maybe 45 minutes and does reps like a beast and then just crashes like crazy. It's pretty freakin funny.

Ive not had any crash from it, maybe that will come in time as I adjust fully to it, but once that happens then its time to take a break from it!

Plastic+Poet.png

I don't consider there anything wrong with protein shakes - if you're doing some more involved supplements like creatine then it gets a bit iffy. But best to wait until you're 18 for sure. Working out too much when your body is still growing can have some adverse effects.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I don't consider there anything wrong with protein shakes - if you're doing some more involved supplements like creatine then it gets a bit iffy. But best to wait until you're 18 for sure. Working out too much when your body is still growing can have some adverse effects.

Hmmm. I considered it safe for me because 1.) I am almost 18 and 2.) My body is probably almost done growing. I'm 6'2 and have been for a while.

I took pre-workout supplements when I first started. I don't use them anymore and feel much better without them, if I went to the gym in the morning and took the supplement after a couple of hours I'd always feel really tired and lethargic.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I tend to lift before school so early in the mornings. Caffine is a staple, if you can stomach coffee by all means, it gives me teh [cabbage]s so caffine pills. They are very very very cheap. If you live in Canada, Ephederine is legal OTC, ive tried it, absolutley fly through your sets and it leaves you feeling geat, but is horrible for long term use. I have tried the traditional Pre Workouts as well, crashes too soon, too expensive as compared to caffine pills, [cabbage] sucks.

Unless your diet is in check, ie. eat well before going to the gym, you dont need stims to get you through your workout. Thats all the commercial pre workout supps are, stims. If your awake and can push yourself then just enjoy lifting.

OP, stuff like this wont stunt growth lol. If you take increasing amounts of it, it can affect your cardiac health, heart etc. It is in the nature of stims for the user to become aclimated to specific doseages (1 scoop) and then you need 2 to do the work of 1. Therefore most people who do use it long term do experience heart related issues. Caffine is not as bad, a very mild stim, some new studies are even saying for certain people 100-300mg a day is benificial.