Increase FPS rate

sermeussteven

hi guys,

i have a problem with my fps rate, it start at 30 when i log in but then it lowers till sometimes like 5-6 it's really a pain in the ass :s

what can i do to solve this?

thanks in advance :)

EDIT:

these are my pc specs;

Dell inspiron

windows home 7 premium

intel ® COre ™ i3 cpu M350 @ 2.27Ghz (4CPUs), 2.3GHz

4096MB RAM

24909MB used, 55202MB left

Direct x 11

if there is missing something i will post it.

i use swiftkit and it still lags when i'm in less crowded locations like, cath bank

1) open window and throw computer out of it

2) buy new better computer

3) ???

4) Profit!

but yeah seriously with no computer specifications we can't tell you jack.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We can.

With computer specifications we can tell IF he can up the rate considerably or not.

I would try uninstalling all useless programs, then defragmenting the HDD. Make sure your drivers (especially graphic card) software is up to date, update java, and try running as few other programs as possible during the time you play RS.

Cheers.

Margus.png

useless programs, defrag state - will have zero effect on graphics processing.

Other programs will only have an effect if they are either graphically heavy; eg another game or if they dont have a separate graphics card and the programs running are ram heavy when inactive.

Since this specifically a FPS issue and not general lag the root of the issue is gonna be graphics card related or internet connection related, other than general maintenance issues like dust etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As runescape (more often than not) runs through a browser, this has also a big impact on performances:

Older browser run typically better on older pcs. However they can't use features (ie pre FF 4 only a single core would be occupied by runescape)of newer pcs. So best take a browser slightly newer than your pc.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Best is to use google chrome, not a slightly newer browser than your computer.

uhm what? You know that chrome allocates more than neccessary resources for each tab, as it won't fit tabs into 1 thread and hence can't share memory. (Otherwise it would be crippled with lockdowns).

There is no "best" browser: a browser depends a lot on the usage, chrome is aimed at running programs (though NOT java programs, chrome has no direct control over what is inside the applet) inside a browser. This however at the same time makes it quite a heavy browser for older pcs.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You are wrong, it is designed to work differently with different level of spesifications.

For example, on a high end computer, it will use a lot more memory than for example firefox, this is because there is a lot of memory spare. On older and cheaper computers it uses ram very efficiently.

And chrome isnt less aimed at running java programs than any other browser...

And What makes you think there isn't any "best" browser? Chrome is the best browser, please tell me if you need to know exactly why. What you say about Chrome being made to work for web apps is completely [cabbage]. Chrome has evolved to use the new web standard called HTML, there is no such software or program API to make it support programs.

The one and only flaw about chrome is that passwords are to easy retrieveable if yoy have local acces to a machine running it.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

The one and only flaw about chrome is that passwords are to easy retrieveable if yoy have local acces to a machine running it.

So are firefox's. However that discussion is entirely irrelevant to the problem at hand. I would argue that the RS Client was best at handling RS.

OP, it's probably due to your computer being old. Try lowering graphics settings, and also tell us your computer specs, or give us a printscreen of speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

If you are able to tell us your computer specifications it would be great.

On Windows XP -> Right-click My Computer and click 'Properties'

Windows Vista/7 -> Start Menu -> Right-Click Computer and click 'Properties'

It should give specific information such as amount of RAM, the speed of your processor, etc. You can also go start -> run -> dxdiag or search dxdiag in Vista/7.

What would also be helpful is when do these lag spikes show up? Is it because you enter an area full of people such as World 2 GE? Or is it when you go to a place where there's a moderate amount of people? Do you use the highest detail options possible?

j0xPu5R.png

A browser or the other is purely preference. Firefox and Chrome are both equal, although they have different strenghts and weaknesses.

okay these are my pc specs;

Dell inspiron

windows home 7 premium

intel ® COre i3 cpu M350 @ 2.27Ghz (4CPUs), 2.3GHz

4096MB RAM

24909MB used, 55202MB left

Direct x 11

if there is missing something i will post it.

i use swiftkit and it still lags when i'm in less crowded locations like, cath bank

We need to know your graphics card and/or chipset. If you computer doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, that might be the reason. Runescape is not very optimalized and requires good hardware to run at settings i prefer at least.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

We need to know your graphics card

On windows XP: Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.

On vista/7: 1. Click the Start button to view the Start Menu and then choose the Control Panel option. Now click the System and Security link from this window. The System and Security section of Control Panel opens up and you can see the direct link for the Device Manager.

Then go to the 'display adaptor' section. Tell us what it says there.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche