The solution to Pures

Lord_Muijs

CAUTION: VERY LONG

please do not post until youve read the whole thing, ok?

in my opinion, pures are completely ruining the wilderniss. its just not fair that a lvl 80 gets his wagon handed by a lvl 60 just because the lvl 60 drop traded like 10 million gp from his main. Its almost suicide now to go PKing with a normal main account, like it was meant to be. i have a few ideas to make pures obsolete.

1) fix the combat formula.

lets give a little example:

someone with lvl 99 attack, strenght, defence, and hitpoints (ill keep prayer out of this, assume prayer lvl is 1) is lvl 113 combat.

now lets take a ranger or mage. someone with 99 ranged, 99 magic, 99 defence, 99 hitpoints, and enough melee training to get to 99 hitpoints, but NOT enough to let combat be melee-based is 97 combat.

well, thats a 16 combat lvl difference, while both caracters are about equally strong (ranger/mage is actually better, since it would be able to hybrid)

because of this, rangers and mages are able to get insanely pure, way more then warriors.

the solution? 1 ranging (or magic lvl) should add the same amount to your combat as 1 attack and 1 strenght lvl. this would cause the ranger/mage in the example above to bee 113 combat too.

and it would be like nothing to program, like change a few numbers and there you go.

2)make defence a little more important

my idea was, to make the "the proportion of attack (of person 1) vs. defence (of person 2)" not only matter in the odds if you hit, but a high defence should also make the opponents chance of hitting high smaller.

example:

person 1 has high attack, and person 2 has low defence.

person 1 will not only have a high chance of hitting, but he will also have a higher chance of hitting (near) his maximum hit (which, of course, would still be determined by strenght)

another example:

person 1 has low attack, and person 2 has high defence.

person 1 will not only hit a lot of zeroes, IF he hits, chances will be very high he hits very low compared to his max hit. it would still be possible for him to hit high, chances would only be reduced a lot.

BIG NOTE: if you would be fighting someone with low defence, it would NOT make your max hit higher. if your max hit with your current weapon on someone with lvl 80 defence is say, 27, then your max hit on a person with lvl 1 def would also be 27. the chance of actually hitting that 27 on someone with lvl 1 def would simply be a lot higher.

ANOTHER BIG NOTE: it is very important that this is balanced exactly, or we would unlock a new type of pure, one with 99 def, 99 attack, and very low strenght (already known as the dueller pure) which would NOT solve our problem.

well, have fun posting. and, if you dont agree with me, then thats perfectly OK, we all have the right to our own opinions. Even i do, so if you disagree with me, you can post that you do, and why. but please, i do not want to see "z0mg!!! n00b!!! y00 are s00 dumb!!!!" or anything among those lines on my thread, mm'kay?

wow...i really like this idea!

Yeahs, i remember back in my ranging days having 46 defense, 46 prayer, and 70 range and being only combat 66 and thinking "wtf man." I also think that eliminating the advantages of purity should be incorporated very soon, as i am tired of people exploiting the combat system so they can kill like nobody's buisness (i to this day have never gotten a kill in the wildy...because of PURES!). I've made like 2 pures, both of which were mistakes, and realized "there's no point to this!" Let's just have actual people playing on ONE account and playing with defense, and the game would be oh so much more fun!

Dumb idea, nothing wrong with using your expeience in the game to your advantage.
but, according to Jagex' rules, there IS something wrong with giving your pure items from your main

it is allowed to create multiple accounts, but they may not interact with eachother in any way.

which includes drop trading, and giving a friend items so he can give it to your pure. almost every pure has broken that rule, i bet.

by the way, in most RPG's (MMORPG or not) it gives you an advantage if you train every skill (or whatever you train in that RPG) equally, like its supposed to be. In RuneScape, it gives you an advantage to not train some skills at all.

By the way, which wilderniss would you prefer? A wilderniss where its almost suicide for you to enter with a normal account, or, a wilderniss which everyone can enter to have fun PKing? where you can just take a normal account, fish some food, and there you go. the latter seems way more fun to me, and last time i checked, that's all a game is supposed tto be: Fun.

Not all pures xfer stuff, we jsut have generous friends

This is just stupid, pures are what makes a game fun, if you cant beat em....join em. Plus you'veoverlooked a pures weakness: 1 def, you hit them more often then they hit you....

TA: Tea Drinker's Anonymous

Delectable tea or deadly poison...

we jsut have generous friends

let me guess, you feel like "being generous" to a friend and give him 5 mill. then your friend "feels generous" and gives your pure 5 mill. thats still breaking the rules, buddy.

why dont you try to explain, why pures make the game fun. yes, perhaps for the pures. my idea would make it a lot more fun for the non-pures, and less fun for the pures. thats too bad for the pures, but if the minority sacrifices a little for the mayority, then it will be a lot more fun for most of the players. its a shame, but you cant please anyone.

please explain why pures would make the game more fun, simply saying that isnt going to cut it. not really fair either, is it? I write a whole post with arguements why pures ruin the game, and you simply go saying: "pures make the game fun". please explain why, and try to prove me wrong, ok?

EDIT: thanks Qwexome, for the support.

let me guess, you feel like "being generous" to a friend and give him 5 mill. then your friend "feels generous" and gives your pure 5 mill. thats still breaking the rules, buddy.

Your Just assuming there

why dont you try to explain, why pures make the game fun. yes, perhaps for the pures. my idea would make it a lot more fun for the non-pures, and less fun for the pures. thats too bad for the pures, but if the minority sacrifices a little for the mayority, then it will be a lot more fun for most of the players. its a shame, but you cant please anyone.

Some of us get bored with our mains, plus pking is a SMALL part of rs

please explain why pures would make the game more fun, simply saying that isnt going to cut it. not really fair either, is it? I write a whole post with arguements why pures ruin the game, and you simply go saying: "pures make the game fun". please explain why, and try to prove me wrong, ok?

train your combats better,we did it, so should you

EDIT: thanks Qwexome, for the support.

Your Just assuming there

then why, my friend, do 99 out of 100 pures have nothing but combat stats? when someone posts a picture of his "ownage pure" you see a lot of combat stats, and (almost always) all non combat stats are 1. surely this character would have needed a starting boost. but with his stats, he cant have gotten it, unless he either got money from his main, or has some VERY generous friends.

Some of us get bored with our mains, plus pking is a SMALL part of rs

and a LOT of us would like to go PKing occasionally with a normal account, simply for the fun of it, but cant, because the wilderniss is getting RAPED by pures, and do not want to make an entirely new account just to occasionally have a little fun.

and PKing aint that small, you know, the wilderniss takes about 1/4rth to 1/5th of the map, and even more for the F2P people.

i have noncombat stats so dont accuse me of drop trading, plus pures RARELY pk as deep as like greaters

sorry, i didnt mean to accuse you of anything.

as youll probably have noticed, in my opinion, pures are completely ruining the wilderniss. and i was simply giving an arguement, that like 9 out of 10 pures break the rules with supplying there pure from there main.

and yes, pures DO pk deep also, ive seen them there, but you do have a point, the problem is MAINLY in the lower lvl part of the wilderniss

Not all pures have drop traded you know :|

i know, but a very large part of them have, or have asked a friend to give items to there pure, that they gave to there friend earlier with a main. not all of them, but a lot of them have.

i know, but a very large part of them have, or have asked a friend to give items to there pure, that they gave to there friend earlier with a main. not all of them, but a lot of them have.

I don't see why your basis is more reliable than mine. I'm not advocating "No pic no proof" here, but you can make money in the lower levels through combat as easy as you can for skills.

Plus, they're other stats may not be 1. Just because they're not on the high scores doesn't mean they arent leveled, for example: level 15 mining would be very useful as you can sell iron ore for 100 each, similar with smithing.

I don't see why your basis is more reliable than mine. I'm not advocating "No pic no proof" here, but you can make money in the lower levels through combat as easy as you can for skills.

Plus, they're other stats may not be 1. Just because they're not on the high scores doesn't mean they arent leveled, for example: level 15 mining would be very useful as you can sell iron ore for 100 each, similar with smithing.

Or they can use a functioning knowledge of the game in order to make money. I made 15k on my level 10 combat noob by collecting the free steel legs respawn in the ruins of the wilderness.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

most of the pures ive seen, have even admitted to drop trading, (i never said all of them did it) but still, i might be wrong about it. i would like to see pures out of the game, not just because most of the pures ive seen drop traded, but because there ruining the wilderniss in my opinion.

my whole topic was about making defence and attack more important, and fixing the combat formula. we are getting a bit off topic :wink: ,

i was the one who accidently made it go off topic, and im sorry.

can we now please get on topic again?

Your misunderstanding, defence is the pures GREATEST folly, you hit constantly on us 1 defence isnt really going to block much, to make up for that we gain great power in strenght, atk, magic, and ranging, the way to counter a pure is a very high defence level with intermediate melee, magick, or range. (75ish-80)

The only reason Pures are possible in Runescape is because of its unique leveling and PK system. It doesn't trouble me at all though.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Easily MOST pures drop trade there is no way they can get there money without raising non-combat stats.

The wilderness is suposed to be fun but i'd have to say it is ruined my pures i'd like to go in there with my main but people 20 levels below me seem to own me. If there were some kind of combat formula like you cannot pass lv 50 range without lv 20 defence or something similar it would decrease the strength of pures.[/b]

Part of the idea behind the wilderness is the risk you take in walking in it. Pures are just part of that risk. If you can't take the risk of entering the wilderness, then don't go there. There is nothing essential in the wild anyway, besides the mage arena quest. And just remember that pures are specialized players that cannot survive outside of the wilderness. It is a trade-off between killing players, and killing monsters\npcs. With only 1 defense, practically anything can take them down.

And kgbcowboy, there are several ways to get money without leveling noncombat stats. Most of them require standing in a spot to pick up spawns, which can be sold to start off a pure. After that, if you're good enough, the pure funds itself.

Abutebaris modo subjunctivo denuo.

newscapere4.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

i have had several pures and each and every one of them had no non combat skills(besides the couple of cooking levels to my cook my chunk of rat meat :P )

Because i use drops from monsters and sell them for money in which i go and buy what i need for my pure with the money i got from the kills. In my above post i pointed out that i use big bones and cowhides which get you money easily plus the combat xp(feathers are another good way to get money also).

So if anyone who drop trades is reading this STOP DROP TRADING and go and find a legal way to get money

kill3r_c0w.png

the reason you see another players combat lvl is to let other people know how strong you are. pures manage to "cheat" that formula and become stronger than that you would think, based on there combat lvl. its just not right that a lvl 65 can have done desert treasure, and ice barrage you. in my opinion, this is cheating (yes, i know a lot of you will disagree with me).

dont you think the wilderniss will be a lot more fun if everyone, and not just only the pures, would be able to go there? i do. everyone then would be able to go to the wilderniss and play that part of the game as it was supposed to be. i would love to know why this would not be more fun. if someone knows, please tell me.

PS: yes i know the risks of the wilderniss. i would never complain about stuff i lost there. its the wilderniss. you lose stuff, or gain stuff.[/b]

because you can easily use that to your advantage, we work hard for our levels, so level up or shut up.

excuse me? i work hard for my levels too. we all do. just because a minority has taken advantage of a fault in the combat formula (which makes them "pure") and made it impossible for people to PK the way it was meant to be, (with a normal account) doesnt make it right, you know. why do you think jagex dislikes pures so much? exactly because of this reason, and they're right.

gafgarion, please stop insulting me, and tell me why pures make runescape more fun. because i asked you before and you decided to ignore my question? maybe pures dont make it fun? maybe pures ruin it for the rest of the people? in this thread ive given quite a few arguements why pures ruin the fun. you havent given a single one why they make it more fun. please do so now, or admit that you were wrong, when you said that pures made the game more fun, ok?