Spaceland

Harry Delvin

The year is 3005.

You have just graduated from college (or high school).

The Void War over the space between Earth and Mars got over 50 years ago. The future has looked bright ever since.

Now you must get a job that has something to do with space.

You have a few choices for a job, according to the inter-space telecommunicator (the 3005 version of TV).

Your options are:

Archeologist: Look for stuff like the junk the real you threw away this morning.

Real Estate Agent: sell houses from London to Andromeda.

Explorer: Vow to find planets that are unknown and unseen.

Shopkeeper: Self-explanatory.

Government worker: Work in the government of the Space Federation or of a country. (there are established countries on other planets).

This is a base list. Feel free to share ideas.

You can make a reputation as a space pirate or universally hated criminal.

The money is simple. Ever since the world started colonizing everywhere, the universe needed a single monetary system.

So, there was a simple electronic system devised. Every citizen is issued a "cash card" with a bank account scanner on it. The money can be "put on it" so that you have so many recorded units of money in you card. Then you can use that you have on hand or use the credit card option. The money is recorded as "Unitals" (you-nih-tahls) which, being electronic, can be split into decimals. Simple!

The known systems:

Milky Way

Mercury

Venus (uninhabited)

Earth

Mars

Others all uninhabited

Andromeda

Torvum (has alien race natives, peaceful)

Vorquis

Lingium

Lavius

All others uninhabited

Other

Hostilia (Hostile alien natives, uninhabited)

Heatum (Very hot, uninhabited.)

Colonia (Inhabited, two alien tribes, one hostile other peaceful, many colonies of different countries.)

All others unknown/uninhabited.

Character

Please turn in this form.

Name:

Job:

Special abilities:

What race? (Human, Hostillium, Colonian (specify which tribe), Torvumian.)

Weapon: (Light swords and laser guns are the weapons. Aliens characters may have different ones.)

Visual description:

Vehicle(s)(if you have any):

Any suggestions? Tell me, I'd love to hear them.

Feel free to come up with job names for alien jobs.\

Let the role-playing begin!

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

Could you explain about the differences between the aliens, and also about the setting?

Lightswords seems to equal star warsy kinda feel.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well, here goes then.

Colonia Aliens have octopus-like bodies, tentacles, bat-like wings, spikes on the head, big, yellow eyes with red pupils, and their bodies are a magenta color They have no hair.

Hostilia Aliens have smooth green skin, an ear-less humanoid body, and huge black eyes, as well as no hair.

Torvum Aliens are actually mutated, talking platypuses from Earth who bred with each other after a rocket gone wrong. They are the size of wolves and are a strange purple color. They actually interbred with the local, blob-like, now extinct aliens.

Planets:

The planets with native aliens have a strangely warped, Earth-like setting.

Vorquis has a constant, smog-colored, toxic fog and slightly acidic lakes with few trees. It is inhabitable because of the science of greenhouses and filtered air bubbles, as well as Torvum having supplies.

Lingium has a purple-sanded desert similar to mars.

Lavius is a dark planet similar to the moon.

Heatum is a very hot planet that is impossible to inhabit because the safety bubbles would fry the people inside.

Also, about the light swords, what's a space fantasy-land without swords made out of pure electricity?

Just a short list of questions at the moment:

Am I correct in assuming this is a Play by Post game?

What degree of control will the Players and the game master have on the Gameplay and roleplaying? (who controls NPCs and who decides the outcomes of player actions)

Can you please use paragraphing in your posts to make them easier to read? (as in put a blank line between different sections of the post)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Name: Céleste Beauchesne

Job: explorer

Special Abilities: Frindlynrless, fighter, annoying, good singer (thus cannot get accused of killing cats, which is a ridiculous thing to be accused of)

Race: human

Weapon: double ended red lightsword (booyah!)

Visual appearance: chocolate brown eyes, dirty blonde hair, tall, average weight, wears a white tanktop and tan shorts. Black calf high boots. Carries a brown satchel to put in items.

Vehicles: none

Okay, the final list of answers:

It is a play by post game.

Players will choose their actions, and I will decide what happens. For instance:

P1 decides to set off in their rocket to Colonia.

I will roll a die at my location in real life to determine what will happen. It has 1, 2, 3, and 4.

4 means great outcome, 3 means good outcome, 2 bad outcome, 1 means terrible outcome.

I roll a one: P1's ship hits an asteroid and they crash-land on Hostilia.

P1 tries to fix their ship, etc. etc.

I have started up with paragraphing. Thanks for noticing that, I thought something was missing.

Just throwing an idea out, but wouldn't a larger dice be more appropirate?

A D4 means that 25% of the time I will have the worst out come possible, which really doesn't bode well for certain things, and makes it quite risky.

I'd suggest a D20 or even possibly a D100, although that would complicate matters on your end, but it's entirely your choice. Looks like a great game by the way and I'll make a character soon

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

It's actually a standard 6-side die. It came from a board game I got recently. There are:

1 #1

2 #2s

2 #3s

1 #4

So you have a 50% chance of a fairly good outcome.

Glad you're thinking about signing up!

Everyone, just so you know, here is an example of outcomes of space travel from Torvium to Colonia.

A one is rolled:

Ship is damaged, crashes on Hostilia, natives attack.

A two is rolled:

Ship damaged, crashes on hostile tribe of Colonia instead of peaceful tribe.

A three is rolled:

Ship lands safely on landing dock, small damage that doesn't really matter.

A four is rolled:

Ship lands undamaged on the landing dock.

Okay, I'm making my character.

Name: Cedric Metallium

Job: Scientist

Special abilities: Thinks fast in tough situations.

Race: Human

Weapon: Blue laser gun

Visual description: Black glasses, dirty blond and slightly messy hair, wears green sweatshirt, blue pants, black shoes. Always has dark blue backpack with him to hold stuff.

Vehicle: Small, 2 person star-flier. No laser guns attached.

RULES

1. No swearing. At all. You swear = you get kicked back to 2011.

2. Use creativity, but don't get an overactive imagination. You can have a custom paint job on your star-flier, but you can't have a flame paint job that burns anyone who touches it.

3. If you died, you died. Feel free to get a new character.

4. As the game progresses, new players have more choice than current ones. As new alien species and new planets are discovered, new players get to be them and live there, respectively.

5. If you want a new character, you can "retire" your old character. They can retire from their job and live an uneventful life from then on. Then ask to create a new character.

6. On the subject of time machines, they were made. BUT, a serious BUT, you shouldn't use them. The laws of physics state that you can go forward in time, but not back. So that's anther way to get a new character: use a time machine and get trapped in the future.