Tip.It Times: A reflection on the past five years

Eeeeediot

well i liked the article it was really interesting i am a p2p and i like it its way better in my opinion i started out with just playing free and thought that was great until i played members and the added bonus of stuff is way cooler and personally i like the updates :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*snip*

Learn to use line spaces please! I can't even be bothered reading any more than 2 or 3 lines...

When I see "it existed back in 99 but im not sure if it even dated back in late 98." I just think OH NO! NOT ANOTHER IDIOT!

It has been said several times, hell I'd say way over a hundred. The earliest date that RuneScape was seen by the public eye was in Late 2000 to early 2001. I had this same argument with some guy on RS the other week. It was in beta before being released mid January to February. I don't know for sure but I've seen so many people that played back then post about it.

So please don't say the game is more than 5 years old.

Edit: I just quickly skimmed over the rest, holy crap dude you're so inconsistent. You go from being able to pk anywhere to going to level 48 wilderness and then state that you had a rune long you couldn't use?

I for one was playing RS when they added level restrictions. I was way below the required level 40 attack for rune weapons but I had saved up the 32k to buy it from the Champions Guild. Mining coal was such a good way of making money back then. On that little note, was I so annoyed when they put Adamantite plate down from 40k to 16k. :x

"u could have been a lvl 20 picking off a lvl 3 lol. crazy!!! : )" - I believe I read from older posts that the requirements for pking were set 4 combat below and 4 combat above. Basically it was like level 4 wilderness all over RS. I may be completely wrong but I'd rather hear from someone that doesn't have 1 post and has a name I recognise from that time period.

Like, Lighten up, He was just giving his opinion, you dont need to start quoting stuff about ages and beta testing ect. (btw, the game WAS NOT in beta testing in '99, I have many people who will vouch for that, as for '98, I have no idea).

you, sir... or rather, your article, sir, has made my day. no, it made my week. this is what me and quite a few f2pers have been saying for the longest time! i couldnt have said it better if i was paid to do so.

great work!

ForsakenMage wrote that and I believe that he is a she.

• 5 weeks later...

Great article Forsakenmage!!

You share my views totally....makes me feel like a male you :P

This is my very first post on this forum...and its coz of u!!

Good luck with the game!

-filya