Jagex: Guide to ruining botting.

sirroflcat

Well... I was pondering a post that a previous user posted about how to stop botting..

When this came to mind...

Why not everytime you log in jagex has a question of the day.

It would be random everytime you log in.

The bots wouldnt be able to cope to all these questions (as they are being created each day.)

Quite the simplex idea. but it could work.

Jagex would be able to use the question for.. Safety tips, polls, funny questions, puns, current updates?

This would benefit jagex in everyway (if their goal to elimnate botting is truely existant)

(Heres my Very very very bad version of what it would look like)

unledbsr.jpgRemember. It Could be anything jagex comes up with, Polls, questions, comment box

Option 2

unledrdu.jpg

Sure, A human could log in and then setup the bot. But the person would not be able to bot for more than six hrs at a time. (Due to the auto-logout)

I also say they implement a time on the chat box.. if you dont type something within (1hr) than a question is issued?

Any ideas?

Not gonna lie, I think this might be one of the better plans I've seen.

But unless Jagex basically makes it into a captcha, bot makers will eventually program in the answer to all the questions. If Jagex makes a new question each day, the answer has to be in a very easy to find place so that regular players can enter the answer and get on with their day, which the bots could easily use. If it was a random pieces of information just listed somewhere, you'd get regular players not being able to play because they themselves can't deal with it.

At any rate, half of the botting problem lies in the fact that Jagex isn't willing to cut out the botting problem at the cost of cutting out the revenue the bots generate.

Still, some sort of captch to stop bots has some sort of merit to it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Not gonna lie, I think this might be one of the better plans I've seen.

But unless Jagex basically makes it into a captcha, bot makers will eventually program in the answer to all the questions. If Jagex makes a new question each day, the answer has to be in a very easy to find place so that regular players can enter the answer and get on with their day, which the bots could easily use. If it was a random pieces of information just listed somewhere, you'd get regular players not being able to play because they themselves can't deal with it.

At any rate, half of the botting problem lies in the fact that Jagex isn't willing to cut out the botting problem at the cost of cutting out the revenue the bots generate.

Still, some sort of captch to stop bots has some sort of merit to it.

Do you like the chat timer idea?

I figure it would burden botters enough to where your almost better of legiting it.

Bots can bypass captcha. Don't want to deal with stupid questions that you can only find in some god forsaken pages of rsof/game manual.

+1 on both comments.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Bots can bypass captcha. Don't want to deal with stupid questions that you can only find in some god forsaken pages of rsof/game manual.

Have you forgot that the captcha and or question is new EVERYDAY? and is random everytime you log in?

If you find me a bot that can do all that enlighten me.

PLUS

It could be a poll?

Or w.e jagex comes up with

However, couldn't a bot user simply manually log their bot in before running it?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

However, couldn't a bot user simply manually log their bot in before running it?

This is where the chat timer comes into place...

and it logs out every 6 hrs so goodbye overnight botting.

either way its a pretty big burden.

Chat tiemr would be undone by a bot that ahs an autotyper built in. Just have it say "I love woodcutting" every half an hour.

And admittedly it could stifle botting to a degree, but botters would adapt as well. (Aka swing by to log their bots back in ever morning and evening.) It would slow them down though, which is good. It wouldn't stop it outright at all, though. Just make it a bit less convenient.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Chat tiemr would be undone by a bot that ahs an autotyper built in. Just have it say "I love woodcutting" every half an hour.

And admittedly it could stifle botting to a degree, but botters would adapt as well. (Aka swing by to log their bots back in ever morning and evening.) It would slow them down though, which is good. It wouldn't stop it outright at all, though. Just make it a bit less convenient.

What pmod or jmod is going to not see i love woodcutting every half an hour? Im here to making botting as inconvenient as possible :D

What pmod or jmod is going to not see i love woodcutting every half an hour? Im here to making botting as inconvenient as possible :D

What pmod or jmod is willing to stick around that long?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

But the flaw in making botting inconvenient is that by default you also inconvenience legit players.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

But the flaw in making botting inconvenient is that by default you also inconvenience legit players.

I don't believe there is a plan to stop botting that wouldn't inconvenient legit players..

bots are made to be exactly like other players (action wise)

How can you stop botting without inconveniencing other players its impossible because bots are human like.

• 2 weeks later...

FurbyOCR and LeoSleep easily bypassed all captchas on sleeping bags in classic. Sites like decaptcha.com charge $2 per 1000 captchas which easily voids any captcha based anti-botting solution.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png