Fletching Time!

The Start!

I made this account A long long long time ago back in 06. I currently haven't played RuneScape in a few years. By few I mean 4-5... This first post is a semi Introduction into my current goals, major milestones, and just a general overview of my life. I tend to mix how my overall day was with level increases. Any Level up hopefully will be screened and recorded but hey I'm human :P

It should be noted I use the "spoilor tag" to hide any screen shot and lists throughout this entire Blog.

[spoiler=Introduction of me!]I guess I should start from the beginning of when I first found this game. To my surprise I couldn't really remember when I started playing and no wonder. When I went to recover my password for this forums to start this blog I was amazed to see this account was started in late 06. Meaning my main account on Runescape is well from 05"ish." When I logged onto my account late Aug I had 81 Woodcutting. Woodcutting is my favorite skill, it has always been that way <3:

A little about my real life (the one I often love to forget about :) ) is I am currently 20 and a Mathematical Major. I am a big geek/nerd who loves anything that loves to deal with logic. When I find a hobby I don't mind going all out for 10 hours at time for it meaning I don't mind grinding in video games. This semester was supposed to be very hard so I gave up video games for all of summer to cope with it and picked up other hobbies instead. Turns out I have WAY to much free time.

My other hobbies include:

Running 3-5 times a week for 2+miles.

Regaining my social Life that video games have taken from me in the past few years.

Raising my GPA.

Doing Homework on time.

These are the stats that I had when I when I came back to RuneScape in late Aug.:

I appolgize for this big block of text: These are in no particular order

(These are all off memory and no screenshots sadly)

60 Attack, 53 Strength, 40 Defense, 53 Constitution

25 Range, 42 Prayer, 55 Magic, 23 Runecrafting, 6 Construction

1 slayer, 1 Hunter, 1 Summuning, 1 Dung., 4 Farming

29 Agyility, 51 Mining, 37 Smithing, 53 Fishing, 53 Cooking

35 Firemaking, 65 Fletchign, 81 Woodcutting (My favorite in the game)

28 Theiving, 42 Crafting, 12 Herb.

Major Goals

My current goals are simply 99'ing Woodcutting, Fletching and Firemaking.

86/99 Woodcutting

93/99 Fletching

61/99 Firemaking

For Woodcutting I am currently ivy but I probably will go cut other logs when ever I'm bored or for a change of pace. Woodcutting is my favorite skill so I plan to 99 this first at the moment. I am also saving all nests and items in the nests till 99.

For Fletching I plan to mainly buy maple logs and fletch them off and on till 99. But plans can always be changed :shades:

Firemaking is a work in progress to take breaks with.

Minor Goals

I will mainly work on these after my fletching/wc sittings.

All stats to 40+

This includes learning how to train farming/slayer/summoning/construction/dung./etc... I have the jest of the idea but have yet to really sit down and train them.

Combat skills will come with time. I don't fully enjoy combat for hours and hours. Though I will say I hate questing A LOT!

Learn how to Barbarian Fish/Firemaking(I'm so lazy...): Done!

Stats at the start of the Blog

Stats as of the start of this Blog.

aug30.jpg

So if you reached this point I am amazed I didn't bore you off with my long/wordy post.

(Side note: Feel free to point out horrible grammar/spelling)

What I've done so far since coming back. Though this deserved to be the first post and let my first post be the "introduction."

I was able to burn all the logs I had in my storage from 35-60 firemaking (3kish willows I belive)

I finished the essence I had in my bank for fire runes(not that much)

I "pawned" off everything in value when I came back minus my pick and axe, this allowed me to buy 45k willows which I then Fletched, with the help of Netflix to watch, into 25k unstrung longbows. I then sold the remaining 20k logs and so spare cash bought 25k maple logs.

I live in NC so I went through the latest Hurricane and kept power. This gave me a 4 day weekend to Fletch all this in my free time while watching Netflix.

Aug 30-I have fletched approximation 5k Maple long(u) and sold them in the GE

Wondering if I should keep half of the remaining 20k maple longs to High alch and sell the other half in the GE...

Hit 82 fletching :D!

[spoiler=Screen Shot]82fletching.jpg

Down to 14k maples to cut the rest of this week and 1m+ in my bank from selling 9k Maple Longbow(u).

For all of my Runescape career I have only wanted one item. That item was always out of my reach and never really worth it back when I played. I just recently purchased a Dragon Hatchet :D. Though I remember when it was the same as a rune "axe"

good luck to the big 99 mate :)

Good luck! Woodcutting is the best skill in the game, imo.

Thx!! I haven't done major wood cutting since back in 05-06 range. So with the addition of ivy in 09 its like a peace of cake O-o. I still remember when draynor was empty most of the time on members worlds. Thats what I get for not playing in about 4-5 years or so <_<.

Right now I think woodcutting will be come first over fletching.

Also I just noticed I passed 3m total in Wc, 10 more to go :>!

Edit:I went and changed one paragraph for grammar reasons. Should be easy to read now.

So I came back after a very long absence from RS with no Idea how to do almost 4 brand new skills. After reading a bit on them I get the main idea for Slayer, Hunting, Summoning, and Dung.

Yesterday I decided to take a break from fletching and woodcutting after I hit 85 WC. I wanted to get to 24 hunter for the rabbit foot as its supposed to increase your nest drop rate. Last night I got 1-19 of Crimson swifts(I think that's the name) below Castle wars. I was so mad at the end of them failing 10+ times at one point near the end I forgot to take a picture. So while doing hunter in the wee hours of the morning I realized I forgot to bring a knife so I could chop down trees to make arrow shafts. While I wait for the traps to go off I am now going to cut trees to pass the time :)

Yesterday I also did 29-41 Runecrafting using the dueling rings from castle wars-duel arena for Fire runes. I thought this level didn't deserve a screenshot so I didn't take one again. I was trying to get to lvl 50 in one day but I failed because of time and running out of rune ess.

I am probably going to train hunter today until 29 or 30 off Tropical wagtails since there in the same place as the Crimson swifts. I just took a break to go back to get my knife to get shafts for my sad little 25 range later.

Between homework, the laundry, and running today I have had little free time after I got off this morning. This morning I was able to get to 29 Hunter and to my surprise I really enjoy the skill. Got my strung rabbit foot for nests as well. Tonight I will hopefully fletch a couple maple longs considering I am down to 20k and I need to get a set of armor sooner or later.

[spoiler=29 Hunter!]29hunter.jpg

Finally made it back to Ivy to cut off and on between homework tonight. I'm doing Ivy most of the way b/c I don't have to worry about banking or dropping and can be done with minimal effort from my part.

Today went from good to plain out horrible. On my way home from getting a new twin bed for the guest room in my house I decided to back my Pickup straight into my down spout and take out a pole on my porch. :wall: Estimate tomorrow from a neighbor who will be able to fix it cheap I hope... Many curse words later no massive damage to the house or the car thankfully. Back to the abomination I call homework that I have been working on for the past few hours...

Since I hit 85 Woodcutting I'm assuming the next 14 levels will become more and more spread out while I grind it out to 99 Woodcutting :sad: Hopefully I will find some time to fletch and sell the bows this week for this weekend bxp. Still not sure what skill I'm going to work on :o

(Side note I find it funny we just had Labor day in the US when the unemployment rate is around 9% still... I only mention it since I had yesterday off from classes so I don't care)

Back to the homework and Ivy :)

Well... The days of getting 100% of a woodcutting in one day are not over :) Interesting note that 85-86 is ~16% of the 2mish exp needed from 85-90. I love random stats like that for no reason.

It should be noted my current "Mini" goal is 90 Woodcutting.

Level 86 Woodcutting :thumbsup: 952 total now

86woodcuttingn.jpg

I found a palm tree seed today (worth ~108k atm) but I did say I would keep every nest drop till 99 woodcutting to see what I get.

[spoiler=Nest count and drops]86woodcuttingnestcounta.jpg

Some how I forgot to get 3 orange tree seeds too. :cry:

Total today I realized maples have dropped a lot more than I would like but that's to be expected with Bxp coming. Time to fletch 13k maple logs and just sell them. I don't have the nature runes/funds for nature runes to high alch the long(u). I am so thankful I have 55 magic from when I played before and I don't have to get to 55 to high alch stuff. <3:

Still debating what skill to level the most during bxp weekend coming up, but I still have a few days to decided. I'm up to 160k and maybe I can make a couple mill before the weekend since some skill materials have come down. :wall:

[spoiler=Current Bxp Ideas]Crafting to 60

Runecrafting to 50-60

Range to 50

Herbing - what ever I can afford

I also promise that I will at some point this week clean up the first post and make it more friendly to the eyes. I swear it! #-o! I'm getting better at proof reading these Blog entries I just hope they are semi enjoyable but that's all I can wish for xD!

Edit: I lied ... I just re-did the first post again in the past half hour. Pink IS manly I say!!! Suggestions??

Edit2: Minor edit I went back and took out that line below all the screenshots saying where the image was hosted. Minor thing that I thought I should note.

Today has been a very productive day. In game I was able to get 2 levels in fletching so far. Total: 954 46 more to go :shock:

[spoiler=83 and 84 Fletching :3!]83fletching.jpg

84fletching.jpg

[/url]

Out side of the game I had my usually morning class followed by 5 hours of homework, a job interview, more homework, class again, more homework, and I finally found the time to relax. Nothing like a good run then setting down to fletch :3! Only problem is I still have yet MORE homework to finish. At least I get to relax after this quick homework. Will update any more levels I get tonight if I find the time to play majorly.

You're doing a lot of wc and fletch. Going fairly quick too. Good luck with those two 99s!

Thanks!

To be honest I just multitask and do anything else while I do the two skills. Fletching requires me to click on the screen every other 50 secs or so (if I timed that well). Doing the skills with the game sound at a really annoying level helps too. Netflix is a life savor :thumbsup:

Update time :grin:

[spoiler=85 Fletching.]85fletching.jpg

I decided to spend 300k on pots last night :roll: Side note: I was pretty pissed I got kicked off Runescape for a min at 26. I wanted it to show the +30 level gain in the window but I lost internet for a minute last night.

[spoiler=12-38 Heblore]

38herblore.jpg

I got this last night in under 40 mins. Pretty quick just a little costly.

I did attack from 12-26 and then energy potion from 26-38

Lastly this is my current "cash pile." It has hit 1m twice today but I've spent money on skills and had to replace my maple logs pile. I bought 25k maples back when they were 25 each. Now I just bought 25k+ at 35..... Not much but still :evil:. I would like to say I buy maple logs because they take to long to cut my self. Its not worth the time to collect

them. Maple long(u) sell for 90-100 so thats from 2-3x profit. :shades:

[spoiler=Cash/Log pile as of Sept/8]

cashandlogupdate2.jpg

So in all I'm broke again :wall: but not all is lost this new batch of logs will get me to 88 :) with a big 1,456,250 gain.

So today after I got 85 fletching I decided to go for bust. Did 41-50 Runecrafting on fire runes with ring of dueling method. I don't have any pouches but now I can buy the level 50 one. I also dumped more money into this skill than I thought I would but no complaints to me. One less skill to get to 50 for my minor goal of 50 in all skills :)

[spoiler=50 Runecrafting! No more Fire Runes !!!]50runecrafting.jpg

I still got some time to kill tonight debating on what to level next.

Way to go. Support and good luck with Fletching :)

Thanks for the support :)

[spoiler=Boring :o!]I've played a couple mmo's in the past that had "exp events" and I always went all out with 100% attention to the smallest detail and spent all the money on resources I could on it. A while ago I gave up that gaming part of my life and decided to play games for fun again. I enjoy fletching Maple longs at a profit at a reasonable pace. So for this exp event I will be just fletching maple longbows(u). It is by no means the best exp per hour but I could care less. I decided to not dump a couple mill into some other skill I'm not worried about atm.

To continue with every post trying to bring a Big level increase:

[spoiler=86 Fletching]86fletching.jpg

Oh hai dere :3

[spoiler=88 Fletching :3]http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img27/2677/88fletching.jpg&via=mupload&newlp=1

I'm down to 1.4x exp now but I'm happy because I have done a lot of work on the skill I wanted to train. Back to the cutting of da' wood as they say :P

My current plan is to go back to Ivy in another couple of levels. I also have 9k Maple Longbows(u) now o.o...

Edit:2nd page :o Woot

Edit: I retyped this post so its shorter and easier to understand.

I got 89 Fletching tonight!

[spoiler=BAM 89 Fletching :3!]89fletching.jpg

<3:

I did 85-89 today while fletching in castle wars bank. I really lurked A LOT of posts and read A LOT of threads today to read them to pass the time. I saved all the bows I got today to sell 2night. They all sold instantly above marketprice!

My bank now:

[spoiler=Bank update?]bankupdate3.jpg

I currently Have the plans to do firemaking during breaks on Woodcutting and Fletching. I can do willows to be cheap or maples half way and yews the second half if I find my self into some cash. Any profit I get from maples now I am trying to put towards other skills and combat related items. I guess I really am going to try to buy 100+k Willows tonight O_o. :wall:

I also just realized my cat is taking up my entire double bed by stretching out his paws :shock: and My total level is almost 1k :P. Off to bed now and sorry for this wall of text I typed. I had a lot of time to think of what I wanted to say in this post today lol.

Edit: Updated first post to show my firemaking idea now!

Edit2: I really dug my self a whole now, I updated the title and desciption of the thread as well :!:

I have a hard time with reading a lot of long posts, so I don't know if this was already suggested or not.

But I suggest fletching yew longbows, you don't lose money if you cut & string them.

And also, the fastest way to 99 Woodcutting is Ivy. I don't know why you aren't doing that.

Do NOT do willows with firemaking, do maples at least. I did maples until about 92 then I switched to yews.

Oh & of course goodluck on all your goals :)

EDIT: I'm really stupid. I just re-read the first post, and it says you're cutting Ivy within the first few sentences. xD

Bruhx.png

I have a hard time with reading a lot of long posts, so I don't know if this was already suggested or not.

But I suggest fletching yew longbows, you don't lose money if you cut & string them.

And also, the fastest way to 99 Woodcutting is Ivy. I don't know why you aren't doing that.

Do NOT do willows with firemaking, do maples at least. I did maples until about 92 then I switched to yews.

Oh & of course goodluck on all your goals :)

EDIT: I'm really stupid. I just re-read the first post, and it says you're cutting Ivy within the first few sentences. xD

*I would like to say sorry for any long post that is confusing. I generally type them as I'm getting off and going to bed at the end of playing at night. * :(Thank you for the good luck on the goals. I really should probably drop firemaking right now LOL. I don't want to hang my own rope!

The problem with yew Long bows is its either break even or get around 10gp profit. With maple long bows its around 50-60 gp profit per bow. Also at this moment I have no plans to do firemaking at a serious pace. It is there to get a break away from Ivy and Fletching. But I can say if I do choose to go with willows I wont be doing many at one time. That skill wont go fast like I have on Woodcutting or Fletching. Plans can always easily change!

Edit:What was I thinking to save a bit of money I'm not going to burn 150k logs. That would just be insane time to sell back 75k logs to the GE...

[spoiler=90 Fletching!]90fletching.jpg

995 total now :o

I did plan to go straight to 90 yesterday and 91 today, but I got a call to hang with friends yesterday and got home late. So I Finished up 90 today. No idea what to work right now. 17+ hours of fletching so far this weekend. I can say when I work on firemaking I wont be go the cheap route I probably wouldn't have the patience to do that anyway.

Here is what my bank is basically worth.

bank4hr.jpg