Question about laptop battery

Cactuaar

My laptop which I'm using for university has an internal battery, as in I can't take it out. So this made me wonder, when I have access to an electrical outlet and my battery is already 100% charged, is it ok to keep on charging so that my battery doesn't drain, or would it be best to take out the charger and let the battery drain to about 20% or so if possible and charge again? I just don't want to overcharge my battery or something, as I'd like to keep this battery good for at least 4 years.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

most laptops have no problem with that, i have mine for about 4 or 5 years already, regularly do that, no problems with it.

don't worry about that

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

I pretty much always kept my battery in my laptop, and had the laptop for almost 3.5 years now. I always plug it in when I have a wall outlet available, and the battery life is still over 3h (originally was around 4h - 4:30 that the charge lasted).

These days, with the type of batteries and type of chargers in laptops, it won't overcharge the battery.

But still keep in mind that you should a few times a month let the battery filly drain then fully charge it again.

More like once a month.

But still, I'm wondering if leaving the computer plugged in all the time degrading the battery is a myth, cause I almost never let the battery get lower than 95% yet when I do, it still lasts 3h. My laptop is n3.5 years old and I am still using the original battery.

But still keep in mind that you should a few times a month let the battery filly drain then fully charge it again.

More like once a month.

But still, I'm wondering if leaving the computer plugged in all the time degrading the battery is a myth, cause I almost never let the battery get lower than 95% yet when I do, it still lasts 3h. My laptop is n3.5 years old and I am still using the original battery.

It's not a myth; cycling the battery is an important part in its health. However, degradation will occur no matter what. Modern batteries are able to care for themselves. You really shouldn't alter your daily routine to suit your battery. Stop worrying about it. :)

hopesolopatriot.jpg