RuneFest Players' Gallery Entries

tripsis

RuneFest Players' Gallery Entries

I thought it would be cool for everyone to post their RuneFest Players' Gallery entries! If you haven't entered yet, you should consider it! The deadline (September 14th) is approaching swiftly though!

[hide=Contest Information]

Link to RuneScape News Post

The RuneFest Gallery Competition is not only a Players' Gallery theme, but is also a chance for you to have your work displayed at RuneFest 2011! The best entries will be printed out on high-quality art canvases, displayed at the event, and then delivered to the winners' home addresses! The winners will also receive RuneFest goody bags.

What to submit

• You may submit any kind of artwork (digital or traditional paintings/drawings or photos of any "real life" crafts such as sculptures, cakes, cosplay, etc.). But the end result must be digital. So if you do a traditional painting/drawing you must scan it onto your computer so that you have a digital copy, etc. The artwork must somehow relate to RuneFest. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

• 10 years of RuneScape
  • The stage of the 5 vs 5
  • Meeting the makers & insider sessions
  • A Halloween party
  • Fan celebration of RuneScape
  • Golden Gnome Awards

All submissions must be your own work. Submitting someone else's work is not okay!

How to enter

When is the deadline to submit?

• Submissions must be received by 14th September 2011

[/hide]

Here's my own entry :P

goldengnomes.jpg

It's one of my first times doing 3D modeling (though there is a bit of painting in there) so I'm kind of meh about it.. but it was an interesting experience.

--------------

Jagex also sent Tip.It another entry. I don't know who the artist is so if they want to come forward that would be awesome :)

[hide]runefest-athletics.png[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

For a first in 3D, that's great :blink:. You should've seen my first :XD:

The only real problem I see with the modeling is that the gnome looks a little lopsided :P (mainly the thick neck and the lower part of his shirt)

Are you using Blender? Features like Proportional Editing (O key in editmode, and also a menu at the bottom of the 3D window) and Sculpt Mode can help you clear that up. And if you aren't using Blender, what did you use?

I take it the winner was painted in? Was the podium also painted, or modeled?

Also, one last thing - I would have rotated the leftmost and rightmost rectangular trophies a little: mainly so their bases would form a neat arc with the bases of everything else there.

Anyways, great work as always :)

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

The only real problem I see with the modeling is that the gnome looks a little lopsided :P (mainly the thick neck and the lower part of his shirt)

I totally know what you mean. Honestly that gnome was almost the death of me :P I guess I just haven't gotten the hang of modeling humanish figures. There are a lot of improvements that could be made to it but I don't think I have the skills right now, and I definitely ran out of motivation after a while :lol:

Are you using Blender? Features like Proportional Editing (O key in editmode, and also a menu at the bottom of the 3D window) and Sculpt Mode can help you clear that up. And if you aren't using Blender, what did you use?

I did use Blender and thanks for the tips :)

I take it the winner was painted in? Was the podium also painted, or modeled?

The podium was modeled and the winner was a little half and half... I used a base human figure downloaded from a resource site (see previous comment about failing at human figures) and modeled the clothing/armour on top of it. I then rendered that separately, pasted it into PhotoShop and painted over the human part but kept my models of the armour. I basically did all that to avoid having to model my own human figure... haha.

Also, one last thing - I would have rotated the leftmost and rightmost rectangular trophies a little: mainly so their bases would form a neat arc with the bases of everything else there.

D'oh that looks so obvious now! Thanks for the tip :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

My submission :P

runefest_2011_gallery_by_teezkut-d48xhfk.png

penguin_dude.png

My submission in Players Gallery 14

My submission in Players Gallery 15

My submission in Players Gallery 16

My submission in Players Gallery 17

My submission in Players Gallery 21

My submission in Players Gallery 27

My submission in Players Gallery 29

My submission in Players Gallery 30

@tripsis @Teezkut

Pretty awesome pics. Do you guys get anything for making the gallery?

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

@tripsis @Teezkut

Pretty awesome pics. Do you guys get anything for making the gallery?

All of the competition artwork will be made into gorgeous canvas prints and displayed in London at this years Runefest. When Runefest is over, well carefully package the pictures and send them to the winners, who will also receive a bag full of Jagex goodies and a months free membership.

Last year's prizes were better tbh :P

Posted Image

Only a goodie bag and $5 aww. At least you get to hang your nice canvas print somewhere - bathroom?

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Only a goodie bag and $5 aww. At least you get to hang your nice canvas print somewhere - bathroom?

Mine will honestly probably get tucked away XD Mine from last year is still just sitting on the floor of my room in the corner somewhere. The quality wasn't brilliant last year :/ The colours were very faded and inaccurate so I wasn't psyched about hanging it up.

Posted Image

^^

Anyway... i had big discussion about this years runefest prizes... with Mod Crow

Everyone can read it from Runescapes forum Quick find code: [qfc]235-236-852-63220932[/qfc]

penguin_dude.png

My submission in Players Gallery 14

My submission in Players Gallery 15

My submission in Players Gallery 16

My submission in Players Gallery 17

My submission in Players Gallery 21

My submission in Players Gallery 27

My submission in Players Gallery 29

My submission in Players Gallery 30

^^

Anyway... i had big discussion about this years runefest prizes... with Mod Crow

Everyone can read it from Runescapes forum Quick find code: [qfc]235-236-852-63220932[/qfc]

I laughed so hard when I saw the progression of your discussion. :P

hzvjpwS.gif