Manage thy kingdom

Update for Kingdom management guide:

I just found out through trial and error that there is a max of 120 days of earnings in the kingdom store rooms and if you do not collect by 120 days you will not gain any more resources. Furthermore at after 120 days without collecting your approval rating will still decrease and you will still loose cash but without gaining resources.

Lord_Raatz.png

Update for Kingdom management guide:

I just found out through trial and error that there is a max of 120 days of earnings in the kingdom store rooms and if you do not collect by 120 days you will not gain any more resources. Furthermore at after 120 days without collecting your approval rating will still decrease and you will still loose cash but without gaining resources.

How did you find out? (and where is the proof?)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It looks like I over looked some data when I calculated that. After 230 days of letting my kingdom collect with 10 workers on maples and 5 on herbs and keeping my approval rating at over 97% I only had 999 nests. On that data alone I calculated a max of 120 days but I just looked again and found that I still collected 204799 maples which at 892 a day comes out to the full 230 days. With that in mind I am going to have to say that you can collect longer than 120 days BUT the max amount of nests that can be held in the kingdom store rooms is 999. I also collected 7032 herbs at 30.5 a day with 5 workers comes out to 230 days.

As far as proof goes I forgot to take a screen shot so it will be impossible to produce.

If you are wondering why I let it go for 230 days that is how long I was deployed.

Lord_Raatz.png

Hi halfsquelch.

Welcome to Tip.It! :)

Since you posted on the spelling and grammar errors topic I have moved your posts into a new topic. Any larger submissions for the site or ones that require research can simply posted on a thread in this section of the forums.

As for your submission, this will require some investigation before we can conclude there is a maximum of nests. It does seem a bit odd for jagex to just limit one resource whilst leaving others untouched.

Any further information on this would be appreciated, thanks. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

It will take me another 4 months but I intend on running this test again to see if I get the same results. I collected last on Oct 15th so I should know for sure when I collect on March 4th, I will also take note of the exact number of days that it collects before I get the store rooms overfill message while trying to raise my approval rating.

Thanks for creating a thread for this, I had originally thought this would just be a small addition for the Kingdom guide but I guess I was wrong.

Lord_Raatz.png

Generally we require some form of evidence (for example screenshots) before we can add anything to the site. In this case, however, it is also possible that Jagex changed the rate at which nests are gathered, which is why further investigation would be prudent.

I'll be using my kingdom to look into this as well. :)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I can't dig up the link but I recall reading some research on this elsewhere; if memory serves it was shown all "bonus" items cap at 99 each (so for example herb seeds you can get alot more as u can get 99 of each seed)

And Normal resource caps out somewhere over 300 days (with 10 workers), so the cap is to the numeric of items not days (as obviously 1 worker would last 10 times as long before cap)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is proof that they did not change the ratios, this is exactly 7 days of collections at 100% approval rating for every day.

7days100.jpg

Now I will run my kingdom until it get the message that my store rooms are full and post another screen shot of the results.

Date started: 29 October 2011

Lord_Raatz.png

• 3 months later...

I can offer some input here.

The kingdom doesn't stop after 120 days, but it might have a higher limit (I've personally heard 230, but never confirmed it myself despite it coming from a trusted source).

Bonus items, such as nests are definitely capped at 999. Proof in the picture below:

111222164813.png

In the image, I got 999 nests. With 108k maples collected, I missed out on 80 nests due to the cap.

Also, at 892 maples a day, 108k maples would take 121 days to collect which also nicely disproves the 120 day theory.

Hope that helps somewhat. Mentioning the cap of 999 bonus items would help a few people.

~Baffler

• 4 weeks later...

Untitled.jpg

Well I let my kingdom run from 29 October 2011 to 10 March 2012 a total of 133 days at 100%

In the end I collected 118750 maples which comes out perfectly to 133 days and 999 nests which would have stopped collecting at 111.995 days. These findings verify Baffler's results and disprove my previous statement. Therefore I think it is safe to say that there is indeed a cap on secondary items at 999.

On a side note I only ended at 133 days because I needed my nests and herbs for bxpw otherwise I would have kept going, I did not get the notice that my storerooms where full, most likely just another bug. I believe that puts me at 87 game engine and 136 graphical bugs found since I started playing in 04 :wall: (my bug log is getting way to long)

Lord_Raatz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. You guys are dedicated! I have updated the guide and credited both halfsquelch and Baffler. :thumbsup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"