Chaotic Shield

Knoll_Saleh

I'm about to get back up to 200k tokens and I am planning on getting a shield for PvM. I go to Bandos a lot with a 4-5 man team, so should I be getting the Chaotic Kite shield? I have a rapier that I use there, I'm not going to get CLS so dont try to convince me to get it. Just which shield?

Knoll%20Saleh.png

[hide=Drops]Dragon; Dagger:2 Med Helm:1

Barrows;

GWD; Tassey:1 Shard:2 Bandos Hilt:1 Bandos Boots:1

Corp; Arcane Sigil:1[/hide]

Obviously you only really need a shield if you are going to be tanking, but if you were to buy any dungeoneering shield, Chaotic Kite is the most useful of the three, though none of them are that great.

If I were you, I'd be spending the tokens on a different weapon or Rigour

I got a CKS and have never regretted it, but you wont end up using it all that much unless you tank basically everything, and even in those situations a DFS is as good as or better than it

As for the shields, I've seen then likened to the spirit shields before:

EEKS = Spectral

FSKS = Arcane

CKS ~ Ely/Div/DFS

and an EEKS isn't as useful as a spectral, since its got less mage defence AND you're losing out on melee offense, meaning its only really good for armadyl.

As for farseer, I cant see anywhere that it'd be useful to have.

My point is, Spectral/Arcane are reasonably cheap and better than their DG equivalents, CKS is the only one thats really a better option (defensivewise) unless you have loads to splash out on an ely/divine

EDIT: Weapon wise I'd suggest a Maul or Rigour, since maul would be great for your bandos and rigour is a better buy than a CCBOW

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

CK is useless in any team of more than 2 people, and is eventually replaced by divine/elysian.

Eek has its uses, it works well at arma, and is semi-good at nex. Again, replaced by divine/elysian.

Farseer is, well, a 200k token arcane.

IMO get a weapon or some other rewards. Spirit cape/vigour/rigour comes to mind.

Miseryism | Completionist

Thanks for the feedback, the reason I'm getting a shield is, I'm poor as hell, as in I have maybe 9m to my account... but thanks

Knoll%20Saleh.png

Barrows;

Do you actually tank at bandos though? If you dont, you really really should be using rapier+defender/maul, there's literally no reason to use a shield for DPSing. Also 9m is still enough for a DFS, and you can always sell it, can't get 200k tokens back :S

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Well i have Chaotic and Farseer (I don't know why, stop asking!) and i use them roughly never.

D defender is better in most situations, if i need to tank in a small team, dfs will do nicely. If i really need to tank, ely or divine easily beat the CKS.

By the way. The recharge cost is about 200-500 coins per hit you take. This adds up fast, making dfs a much cheaper alternative over a long period of time.

Despite my choices, i think eagle eye would be the most useful shield to have.

You should really just get rigour/maul/ccb though. I have not regretted any of those once (Well rigour a little, as i'm almost always on curses for soulsplit)

CNqWHdA.jpg

All shields are useless at Bandos, regardless of team size. Use a maul.

You tested it yourself?

Ofc I have. Shields make nowhere near enough of a difference to warrant sacrificing kph and easier soulsplitting for.

I only have 67 prayer.... no soul split for me....

Knoll%20Saleh.png

Barrows;

I support maul.

The dungeoneering shields are universally not worth their recharge cost in pvm, in my opinion. The soak becomes quite significant in pvp however, and if you're fighting someone with a maul the farseer's 14% melee soak can be a lifesaver (plus that people using mauls tend to be easy to hit with magic anyway). 14% ranged and 14% magic soak respectively are less important because they tend to hit much lower in general, for example the highest magic damage output relies on a max of ~550 (full battle-mage or trickster, arcstream, armadyl battlestaff, storm of armadyl at 106 magic), ranged a max of about 600 (handcannon, void, rigour, 122 ranged) and melee about 750 (full battle-mage or vanguard, max strength gear w/ cls+fury+defender at 125 strength).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted