Ipod video Or Zen Creative: M?

woopidoo2

well i recomend the ipod because its pretty stable and has the ability to play music

it has alot of accessories.

the zen though requires less converting for .... vidioes found on the internet

it plays divx i think by default..

if you want style and don't mind recoding (you could set it to do so while oyu sleep)

get a ipod..

if oyu want somonet that is a better player but nothing much more.. zen

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

iPod, simply because it looks totally sweet :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

iPod, simply because it looks totally sweet :D

yeah.. but if you get a 60 gig ipod... don't update the firmware yet.. there is still problems with it

(something to do in how it preloads the video to memory.. it seems to mess up)

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

iPod has less experience making them, seeing as how Creative was a manufacturer of digital audio equipment long before Apple entered the scene.

Also, now that I actually have my Zen Vision:M, I can safely write a review of it.

When I got it, I opened it up, to find everything neatly packaged in foam, and the player encased in protective plastic all over. The back of the player is a "rough" plastic - that is, it doesn't show fingerprints, grips easily, and is still nice looking. It's not shiny though, and that may disappoint, but it doesn't scratch, so I'm happier with it. The front is shiny plastic, very similar to the iPod. The screen seems to be slightly taller than the iPod, but this isn't via side-by-side inspection. The screen is also more vibrant, and looks much nicer.

The Vision also plays DivX videos. I converted Transporter 2 to DivX format in an hour and a half using DVDx, and I transferred it and hooked it up to my television. The quality is amazing - my friend has the iPod A/V dongle, and because the iPod does not output 640x480 at all, the Zen Vision:M also wins in the resolution area. Note, however, that the screens of the two are the same resolution, so don't expect anything different there (except the more vibrant colors on the Vision:M).

The Zen Vision also has revamped (read: nicer) controls than its predecessors. The touch pad is not as sensitive as it used to be. Although I never had a problem with over or undershooting using my Zen Micro, the problem appears to have been alleviated further, from the experience of my friends using the player. Also, all of the controls are now tactile (button) rather than touch, like on the Zen Micro. The foward and rewind buttons are situated next to the vertical pad, and also function as left and right buttons. For instance, when viewing the artists, you can hit the left button to go to a list of letters, and selecting one will instantly jump to that letter in the artist menu.

The battery life is a purported 4 hours video and 14 hours music, but I have been unable to test this. The player did, however, charge in 2 hours from when I got it and plugged it in.

My only qualm with this player is the thickness - it weighs in at .7 inches deep. I thought it would be atrociously thick when I bought it, but it's not too thick, and slips in to your pocket without being seen. Granted, it's just not quite as thick as two iPods, but it's still thick. Just not noticeably thick. It also feels a bit better in the hands, due to the heft.

The other thing is that the player comes with a wall wart, which probably explains the $30 price difference. The only downside to the system of charging and syncing is that you have to use a little 2" x .75" adapter, which you plug in to the bottom of the player, a la the iPod. This is a stupid idea, and it would have been better had they just stuck the USB port on top like on the Zen Micro and put the AV output through the headphone jack, because they're the same anyway.

The player also has nice software. For instance, even if by chance the Vision:M can't play it, Creative's software will convert it. The player also syncs to any computer that has WMP10 on it, so you can dump your songs onto your friend's computer. My friend has an iPod and he is planning to maintain two copies of his song library - one on the data partition and one on the music - just so he can copy his songs to peoples' computers. This isn't a problem with the Zen.

Overall, I'd rate this above the iPod. The only disadvantages it has are price, thickness (but not weight), and possibly control and interface, depending upon your preference. For instance, the Zen Vision:M has a right-click-type button, whereas the iPod does not. The Vision:M also has a voice and FM radio tuner/recorder, but I don't use those really. Pay the extra $30 and get this. If you don't like it, return it and get an iPod. While everyone else is screwing around with Videora trying to get their videos to work, you'll be dragging and dropping your DivX, WMA, AVI, and MPEGs onto the Vision:M and watching them.

I may sound like a fanboy, but most of this is quantifiably-justifiable.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Battery life and video playback were two of my main reasons at looking at a Zen Vision. If your review is anything to go by, which is pretty extensive and as unbiased as it could, then I think I'll be trading in my iPod pretty soon.

Well...I have owned both an iPod nano and Creative so...I prefer the iPod...I found the sound quality better and on the creative it's too touch sensitive for my liking...the click wheel design is much nicer feeling. I guess it just depends on who's buying the product...someone who doesnt want to pay iPod price will reach for the Creative (or if you think bill Gates is a crook :twisted: ). I still love my iPod over my Creative (which doesnt get used by me much at all anymore). So I think that the iPod is the better buy in the end... 8)

the only thing you can't do is watch a whole movie on a ipod.. (2-3 hours) on the 30 gig..

the 60 you can..

mementh.jpeg

Well...I have owned both an iPod nano and Creative so...I prefer the iPod...I found the sound quality better and on the creative it's too touch sensitive for my liking...the click wheel design is much nicer feeling. I guess it just depends on who's buying the product...someone who doesnt want to pay iPod price will reach for the Creative (or if you think bill Gates is a crook :twisted: ). I still love my iPod over my Creative (which doesnt get used by me much at all anymore). So I think that the iPod is the better buy in the end... 8)

Disregard everything this person has just said. Not only do they ignore the fixed sensitivity of the Zen, But they think Bill Gates owns Apple

My sweet lord...

the only thing you can't do is watch a whole movie on a ipod.. (2-3 hours) on the 30 gig..

the 60 you can..

I have a 30GB and I watched Big Fish (125 minutes) all the way through. Albeit the battery was pretty much drained, but I still managed it.

the 60 you can..

I have a 30GB and I watched Big Fish (125 minutes) all the way through. Albeit the battery was pretty much drained, but I still managed it.

i can watch 2 45 minute tv shows barely..

its a almost sorta thing

mementh.jpeg

I think that the iPod battery will only last what Apple says it will (3 hours?) is you can find a very clear place and turn off the backlight while watching your videos :lol:

Myself, I don't own an iPod video or a Zen, I have a nano, and really like it, but what makes me consider if it's really better than zen is how hard to replace the battery is, zen has a removeable battery doesn't it?

Anyway, if you want style, go for iPod and if you want praticity(sp?) go for Zen.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Disregard everything this person has just said. Not only do they ignore the fixed sensitivity of the Zen, But they think Bill Gates owns Apple

My sweet lord...

the 60 you can..

That aside, it's a known fact that Creative's players have better sound quality and a higher SNR than Apple's players. I dunno, it just might have something to do with the fact that Creative primarily manufactures studio-grade digital audio equipment, but it could just be some sort of weird coincidence.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

I think that the iPod battery will only last what Apple says it will (3 hours?) is you can find a very clear place and turn off the backlight while watching your videos :lol:

Myself, I don't own an iPod video or a Zen, I have a nano, and really like it, but what makes me consider if it's really better than zen is how hard to replace the battery is, zen has a removeable battery doesn't it?

Anyway, if you want style, go for iPod and if you want praticity(sp?) go for Zen.

when watching video the backlight is ALWAYS on...

3 hours for 60 gig..

about 2 hours for 30

mementh.jpeg