Notification when someone responds in a thread i have commented in

Hi. I'm fairly new to the forums and have been enjoying the runescape discussion, but it's a bit of a pain when i don't know when someone replies to me or even not to me, but in a thread i'd like to discuss about.

This means i have to look at all my old posts to check for replies, and most of them have none. :angry:

If this was implemented i think people would use the forums a lot more, as they can discuss and know the people they're talking to will see their post, and then know when to check for their reply.

CNqWHdA.jpg

You can also open the topic you're interested in, and click the "Watch Topic" button near the top of the screen:

watch_topic.png

You'll then be able to choose your preferred notification method (email, etc.)

Anything you mark as Watch will appear in your "Watched Content" panel on the main page:

watched_content.png

If nothing is appearing in the panel, that's because no one has replied to that topic since you last visited it. You can click the "Toggle topic with no new" button and it will display all your topics, even if there are no new posts.

You can watch entire forums (ie, Help & Advice) or specific topics (as you can see, I "Watched" this topic you posted.)

:thumbup:

You can also go back to the top of the forum or topic and click the "Stop watching..." button to remove it from your Watched Content.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

"Personal Conversation" is your standard Private Message (PM) on forums. So instead of emailing you, it will just send you a PM on TIF, letting you know someone has replied to a topic, etc.

An "Inline Notification" is more-or-less like a pop-up on the forums, doing the same thing as above, except it doesn't actually send you a PM/email.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Powerfrog, I suggest the Inline Notification, if you want to be notified at all. That nifty little number with a down arrow by it (between the "Sign Out" and "Signed in as <name>" links) is where it will reveal itself, making it extremely friendly and easy to pick up on. :thumbsup:

~D. V. "Like bombs, you shall learn to love the drop-down object!" Devnull

(p.s.: Yes, that was some StrangeLove humor...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)