GLaDOS

Veiva

I like the style, but it's not glados to me.

The shapes and arrangment are too wrong to properly suggest glados.

P2_glados.jpg

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I see your point. I used some (a lot of?) creative freedom because in order to perfectly replicate GLaDOS, the shapes would be too disjointed. So I simplified and rearranged it.

What do you think of this one?

wolfmoon.png

ozXHe7P.png

I agree with Star, the canvas is way too empty. And to be brutally honest, I wouldn't have known it was Glados unless you told me :-#

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I see your point. I used some (a lot of?) creative freedom because in order to perfectly replicate GLaDOS, the shapes would be too disjointed. So I simplified and rearranged it.

Creative licence is of course good, and given the style a 100% true replication would be wrong; however there is such a thing as going too far. Which in this case you have, because it just does not look like GLaDOS, as people have pointed out without being told it was GLaDOS it wouldn't be recognisable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This style somewhat reminds me of the wash and line painting style. I reckon if you develop it you could make a digital art version of something similiar to this:

Watercolour%20Line%20and%20Wash%20pic%201.jpg

But more cartoony.

Was this done in Illustrator?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

This style somewhat reminds me of the wash and line painting style. I reckon if you develop it you could make a digital art version of something similiar to this:

[snipped]

But more cartoony.

Was this done in Illustrator?

I quite like that and I can see how the style I use in GLaDOS is similar. I took your feedback and made this:

companioncube.png

What do you think? It's not quite the same as the picture you linked, but I think it is an improvement.

(I use InkScape by the way; can't afford Illustrator right now, haha!)

ozXHe7P.png

That's awesome! I think it's perfect haha, I really like it. Minimalist yet kooky enough to work. I mean the only way you can improve is to make it look even more similar to the companion cube but it's good as it is. It'll be interesting to see what else you can come up with :P

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

That's awesome! I think it's perfect haha, I really like it. Minimalist yet kooky enough to work. I mean the only way you can improve is to make it look even more similar to the companion cube but it's good as it is. It'll be interesting to see what else you can come up with :P

Thank you!

I made a Cacodemon from DOOM just now:

cacodemonsmall.png

ozXHe7P.png