[Need Info] Obtaining the Cithara

Ned

Hi everyone!

The quest guide for One Piercing Note is now live, but we have yet to include information on how to obtain the cithara from the reliquary after the quest's completion. It seems that there is a certain formula required (wearing certain holy items, being on certain prayers/spellbooks) in order to successfully retrieve it, otherwise you are zapped for all but one of your life points.

The Tip.It Crew would like to make sure its guide is accurate, and would greatly appreciate it if you could contribute any information!

Please post your successes or failures, including a screenshot if possible, along with a description of your equipped items, active prayers, spell book, and any other information you think is noteworthy.

Thank you so much in advance! :thumbup:

~Wmx

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

There's been plenty of discussion update this on the update thread in gen discussion.

We have pretty much concluded for definite you need to be wearing 6+ saradomin items, with cramulet/ghostspeak and ring of visiblity, plus you must have no non-sara god items on your person and are not allowed to be on curses or ancient mage.

Sara Owl counts as an item.

Saradomin halo does not seem to count.

Illuminated holy book seems to be necessary

Check page 3-4 of the thread where a lot of setups have been posted and info collated and you can see common denominator coming up of all setups are 6+ worn items (one is 5 + owl and one or two list some irrelevant items eg white gloves n boots or excess items that cannot all be worn at once) and I spent a fair while in-game helping people with it and confirm 6+ was deffo the magic number and curses and ancient mage definitely blocked it; two clan mates can also confirm this as they had to switch both off before they could get it, lunar has no effect I saw people get it fine with lunar on. And I can confirm with 8 saradomin items on it didn't work until I banked the other 5 god books.

Not seen any reports where an active prayer has made any difference, only a few random claims you need piety on and some people I was helping tried piety in place of a sara item to no avail.

Biggest note is: Sometime the ghost will say you are not quite ready, but will be in time. If she does you just need to try and take it a few more times and you'll get it.

Oh and obtaining it gives you 50k prayer xp.

Personal setup:

The quest robes (sans amulet item) - jmod confirmed to be sara items in game update FAQ on rsof

sara arrow

sara vambs

sara cape (mage arena)

sara staff

illuminated holy book

Had to bank other 5 god books b4 it worked

On normal prayer and normal mage, nothing activated

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Obtaining the Holy Cithara

Attempting to take the Cithara may result in receiving damage equal to the player's current life points minus one. This means that the player will not die, even if the player is not at full health.

To obtain the Holy Cithara a player must wear a variety of equipment and meet certain "Holy" requirements:

Equip a Ring of visibility + Ghostspeak amulet/Cramulet, and 6 pieces of Saradomin Equipment.

These items are acceptable pieces of Saradomin Equipment:

Item slot Acceptable Item

Head slot Citharede hood; Saradomin coif; Saradomin mitre; Saradomin full helm

Body slot Saradomin d'hide body; Saradomin robe top; Citharede robe top; Monk's robe top; Saradomin platebody

Legwear slot Saradomin robe legs; Saradomin chaps; Monk's robe bottom; Citharede robe bottom; Saradomin plateskirt/platelegs

Weapon slot Saradomin Crozier; Saradomin staff; Saradomin bow (2h), Saradomin mjolnir (2h); Saradomin godsword

Shield slot Saradomin kiteshield; Holy book; Illuminated holy book

Glove slot Saradomin Vambraces

Cape slot Saradomin cloak; Saradomin cape

Ammo slot Saradomin arrow (only 1 needed)

Footwear slot None

Prayer Piety, Chivalry, and Redemption will count as a Saradomin item.

If you don't obtain it on your first try, but the ghost appears and you don't get any damage done to you, keep trying until you get it. It can take upwards of 15 tries to successfully grab the cithara.

Any of the following prevents players from obtaining the cithara:

-Less than 100% run Energy

-Ancient Curses

-More or less than exactly maximum prayer points (i.e., above maximum fails to work just as below maximum fails)

-Ancient Magicks (Normal or Lunar spellbooks only)

-Items affiliated with another god in inventory

-Wearing/wielding an item not aligned with Saradomin (other than Amulet of ghostspeak and Ring of visibility, i.e., most things in the game)

Saradomin-related items that do not count towards the required 6:

-Prosylete/Initiate armour

-Saradomin sword

-Saradomin shields

I tried with quest robes, sara hood, sara sword, sara arrow, white gloves, white boots, and ill. holy book, in various combinations of wielding/holding those items, and couldn't quite get it. Normal prayers and magic, though I had no prayer points, and I have dropped my guthix/zammy books/ill. books to avoid getting blasted (the idea was to drop em, get the thing, pick em up, and leave, saving a trip, but noooo....).

I concluded that it only looks at what you were wearing when counting sara items, not any that were in your inventory - it only looks in your inventory for rival god items. Thus my sara hood/cith. robes hood wasn't counting, because I could only wear one of those at a time (and the same for the sara sword/ill. holy book). Also, I'm pretty sure the white gloves/boots don't count. Thus, I was only managing to wear 5 sara items at one time.

I went to the Mage Arena and grabbed a sara staff and cape and came back (so sara cape + staff + arrow + quest robes hood + quest robes top + quest robes bottom + ill. book equipped) and got it on the second try. (I also had normal magic book & normal prayers, with no prayers activated, and none of the other god books in sight.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Not sure if anyone has noted this yet, but when I tried with 0 prayer points it wouldn't give it to me, however I went to refill just to make sure and then I got the item, without altering any items. So full prayer points might be a factor. Don't have any screenshots though, apologies :(.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Richf's info screams wiki copy and paste to me especially as it contradicts itself:

Edit: Checked wiki page it is just a copy & paste of that.

1) Shield slot Saradomin kiteshield; Holy book; Illuminated holy book

2)Any of the following prevents players from obtaining the cithara:

[...]

-Saradomin shields

1) Prayer Piety, Chivalry, and Redemption will count as a Saradomin item.

2) Any of the following prevents players from obtaining the cithara:

[...]

-More or less than exactly maximum prayer points (i.e., above maximum fails to work just as below maximum fails)

How can a those prayers count as an item if you MUST have full prayer points?

I have heard some rumours bout prayer points though, certainly seems you need more than 0 if not max.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

My equipment:

Citharede Hood

Citharede Top

Citharede Bottom

Saradomin Cape

Saradomin Staff

Illuminated Holy Book

Other notes: I had no other god items, full prayer, no active prayers, on regular spell book and on regular prayers.

Confirmed that you have to have both a ghost/cramulet and a ring of visibility to obtain the citharede.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

My setup:

Citharede Hood

Citharede Top

Citharede Bottom

Saradomin Cape

Saradomin Staff

Damaged Sara book (no pages at all inside)

White gloves

Sara god bird out

Cramulet and ring of visibility

Was on regular spellbook and prayers.

It took me three attempts with no change in gear or prayer to obtain the cithara.

I also had a clanmate obtain the cithara with piety active,I think they had 5 items (excluding piety) but I'll try double check that.

My setup:

My equipment:

Citharede Hood

Citharede Top

Citharede Bottom

Saradomin Cape

Saradomin Staff

Unfinished Sara Holy Book

Saradomin Arrows

Ring of Visibility

Ghostspeak amulet

There was alot of talk about what prayers you needed to use so I used all recommended with no luck and then tried them turned off which also didn't work but after refilling my prayer points I tried again with Full prayer points and no active prayers and finally got it

Mitorad.png

Worked for me with:

Equipment:

Cith hood, robe top, robe bottom

Sara Cape, Staff, Arrow, Book

Sara Owl

Cramulet & Ring of Visibility

Inv:

Sara Symbol

Cith Symbol

Fally Shield 3

Normal Magic

Normal Prayers (full points, none active)

Full Run Energy

Then it worked without the owl. Then it worked without any one other item (6 sara items eqipped). It also worked with fewer prayer points, and active prayers seemed to make no difference either. If I went to 5 sara items equipped, the owl wouldn't allow grabbage.

From what my experimenting has uncovered, I was NEVER able to take the Cithara with <100% run energy, Cramulet (assuming ghostspeak is fine too), and Ring of Visibility. This was even true if the equipment set up worked with those things or if it was replaced by a Sara object.

Also, don't forget to include that 50k prayer xp reward for snagging it. I'll make a video soon.

EDIT:

Video Link

http://youtu.be/5SBsOBoC07c

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

To get the cithara you must be wielding ( inventory items don't count ) 6 Saradomin items ( a Saradomin owl beside you counts ) , ring of visibility & ghostspeak ammulet/crammulet. The items worn actually have to say Saradomin in their title. Items associated with the god such as the holy symbol & Falador shield will not work however the Citharede robes will. You must have full prayer points & can not have curses active. If you have any items associated with other gods with you , curses active or not enough Saradomin items the attempt will fail & you will be blasted down to 1 HP. Succeed & the ghost will appear to speak to you, you'll receive the cithara which you can wield & play as well as 50k prayer XP.

List of possible items to wield.

Citharede robes

Saradomin Dragonhide

Saradomin Rune trimmed

Saradomin Robes

Saradomin cape ( mage arena )

Saradomin staff

Saradomin bow

Saradomin Godsword

Saradomin sword

Saradomin mjolnir

Saradomin Arrow

Saradomin owl

Saradomin Halo

Holy & Illuminated holy book

Monks Robe ( unconfirmed myself but people in the area said they worked )

lord_uathen.png

You need a Cramulet/ghostspeak amulet equipped along with a rind of invisibility for any chance at getting the cithara

Family crest gloves work, At least for me

My personal set up:

citharede robes (minus the neck peice)

Cooking gauntlets

Saradomin staff (from the mage arena)

Saradomin cloak (from the mage arena)

Illuminated Saradomin holy book

A Saradomin arrow

Cramulet (ghostspeak works too!)

Ring of visibility

Saradomin owl

I also busted the sara brew myth

If i can retry the event, I'll collect more data

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

Hey guys,

I want to thank everyone for posting their findings! The guide has been updated with, based on everyone's observations and confirmations, what I think is the most accurate information. Don't hesitate to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Credit has been given to everyone who contributed. Thanks to the_korny for the research video!

~Wmx

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!