[Answered] Running RS and No$GBA

JPMC Mate

If it's' a slim tower and all you have is an AGP slot then you're SOL unless you're looking to modify your case. I've tried finding suitable AGP low-profile cards for a reasonable price and I didn't have much luck a few years ago.

hzvjpwS.gif

Okay... Where are the two people above me seeing AGP in this mess? :blink:

~D. V. "A bit confused here..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Okay... Where are the two people above me seeing AGP in this mess? :blink:

~D. V. "A bit confused here..." Devnull

By looking at specs...

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Idk what PSU it has. How do I check the PSU in a Profile 5? And since it is a Profile 5 (all-in-one), Idk how to know that. Any help?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

To see what PSU (Power Supply Unit) you have all you need to do is open up the PC and read the label on the unit where you attach the power cord to. According to your system you have 12 VDC, 180 W or 200 W maximum continuous output, might want to double check, the manuals might not be accurate.

Honestly, your looking at a dead end computer. I've spent 50$ on an AGP card for an old computer that only provided minor improvements and when I finally built a new computer It was basically worthless. You'd be much better off building off of new technology instead of spending money on a dead end.

randomkcopyq.png

So it's not worth upgrading anything on this computer and I should just use what I have?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Pretty much, if you don't want to actually waste money on worthless parts that are outdated. You could probably start keeping your money towards a new computer with the latest technologies.

The thing is, I do have $, but my parents probably won't let me use it for a gaming computer. Weird I know..

azeem1992.png

I'm 19, and Idk. However, for future references, what would be a good gaming computer that runs RS and any No$GBA game smoothly that is under $1000?

EDIT: Would this computer run RS and any emulator well?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227367

azeem1992.png

Note that this is for future reference, so I'd need a computer build that will be still good for a few years.

azeem1992.png

Building a computer is one of the smartest things you can do, if you feel comfortable doing that. You could start a new thread and ask specifically for a new computer build (this thread might be cluttered, up to you) . Just let everyone know your price range and what you plan for the computer.

randomkcopyq.png

The one you linked is pretty expensive for the specs. then again, pretty much any computer these days that has a dedicated graphics card should be able to run it.

You don't really need a gaming computer to play RS. If your budget is tight, you can save some cash by getting a mid-range model instead. However, it isn't going to be very 'future proof' and it likely won't handle other, newer games (say Assassin's Creed Revelations on PC) very well.

hzvjpwS.gif