New arrows!

Themooingcow666

So here's my suggestion with the new toolbelt, what if, every log made different arrows? Like oak logs make oak arrows, yew logs make yew arrows, and so on, so that when your WC, you can train fletching at the same time?

And these arrows all were slightly better than the last, and have better stats. And only certain type of arrows can fit with certain type of arrowhead.

For instance:

Regular Arrows - bronze, iron arrowhead and 0+ range att

Oak Arrows - iron below and 1+ range att

Willow Arrows - steel below and 2+ range att

Maple Arrows - mithril below and 3+ range att

Yew Arrows - addy below and 5+ range att

Magic Arrows - rune below and 7+ range att plus 5 magic defense.

Also each level of arrow makes it more durable so you'll be able to recover more arrows at higher arrow levels.

What do you think?

Suggestions let me know :)

Supporters

--------------

Themooingcow.png

Totally unnecessary and would add nothing in terms of gameplay.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I demand Diamond Tipped Addy Arrows (e) or no cigar.

This cigar is here to ensure the status quo

cigar-angle2.png

The concept for using different woods for arrow shafts could give range a much-needed boost in power(Terribly under-powered compared to melee and mage atm). However, the idea of the bonuses you get from the different woods isn't very good. The bonuses are too little to make up for the outrageous prices that the arrows would sell for.

We could have all the current arrows made with the basic wooden shafts, but arrows with shafts made from better and better woods could have much higher range strength/give additional accuracy bonuses. Or possibly have the ability to be enchanted with additional effects like bolts have.

However the effects would have to go through rigorous balancing processes. You don't want rune arrows that have +100 range strength coming at you at the speed of a shortbow. THAT would be overpowered.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Thank you hexiled, i was just thinking it was a good idea since range seems to be underpowered compared to melee and magic, and just wanted to help, of course the boosts could be raised too it was just a suggestion

And yes dragon arrows.

For those o.O new type of tree level 95 to fletch into certain arrows and than dragontips (when dragon ore comes out)

Themooingcow.png

Thank you hexiled, i was just thinking it was a good idea since range seems to be underpowered compared to melee and magic, and just wanted to help, of course the boosts could be raised too it was just a suggestion

And yes dragon arrows.

For those o.O new type of tree level 95 to fletch into certain arrows and than dragontips (when dragon ore comes out)

We already have dragon arrows and have done several years.

The most obvious solution to fix this suggestion would be scrap your woods entirely and just insert the crossbow woods.

Normal, bronze

oak, blurite

willow, iron

Teak, steel

Maple, mithril

Mahogany, Adamantite

Yew, Rune

And not in-game but hinted at coming some day by some npcs in range guild:

magic, dragon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The price of arrows would be equal to the price of the log + the price of the arrow tips + the price of feathers + the value of xp + the value of time. In order to balance out the drastic increase in the price of the log, Jagex would have to increase the xp gained per arrow, which would be overpowered.

Hmm... there is some merit in this idea for increasing the power of regular arrows. Just at the basic level of using better wood for better arrows, considering how woefully underpowered short/longbows tend to be.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hmm... there is some merit in this idea for increasing the power of regular arrows. Just at the basic level of using better wood for better arrows, considering how woefully underpowered short/longbows tend to be.

Ya, that and how you can kill someone PVP with melee and magic in a matter of seconds if you do it right, but with ranging it's not the same way, it would HELP at least balance the triangle out

Themooingcow.png

Totally unnecessary and would add nothing in terms of gameplay.

I agree , the arrows are fine the way they are , what would ivy make?

[qfc][qfc]13-14-864-62041246[/qfc][/qfc] just using the example signature because I'm new to forums