Fletching for f2p- a way to make this work

Gafgarion

I know i know your going to flame this all together but hear me out.

Fletching will be restricted to making addy arrows and tops making steel knives. To activate to use it, you have to click on 500 adverts, and then a following 100 each week, or else the skill will freeze. There will be a littke count in the skill menu [ 50/100 adverts for this week]

SUPPORTER LIST:

Gafgarion

comwizz2

TA: Tea Drinker's Anonymous

Delectable tea or deadly poison...

i like the ad idea alot. maby make the adds when you first log into runescape, btw i dont think its scamming because they dont pay for it not to popup. maby even give them a quiz on the adds to prevent drop trading and mass autoing

the company that hosts the ads will be out of there rather quickly. suddenly a lot of people will click there ad, making them pay x amount of cash to jagex, but not to see what there product is about. once they see that about fletching there wont be ads at all, which is good for us, but bad for jagex, and, in the long term, bad for us.

lol no, noob scroungers, pay for members.

excuse me? theres finally a good suggestion (it wouldnt work, but its a good idea) to let f2p people have a few member benefits and still pay for it (in a different way, but who cares?) and all you do is flame?

please, go away and never return ok? go play on the motorway or something, jeez.

excuse me? theres finally a good suggestion (it wouldnt work, but its a good idea) to let f2p people have a few member benefits and still pay for it (in a different way, but who cares?) and all you do is flame?

please, go away and never return ok? go play on the motorway or something, jeez.

F2P do not need anymore skills end of story.

if anything they should take way some skills with all your complaining

its a good suggestion for F2P because lets see you get to use throwing knives you get to make throwing knives you get to make all arrows up to addy you get to make maple shortbows.

Hey while we are at it why dont we give you the ability to make yew long and short bows and to use them then put magic and maple trees in F2P

Since im on a roll lets give you all the magic spells to and the ability to craft all the runes.

But as you can see that The Death,Chaos,Nature, and Cosmic rune altars are in member teritory why dont we give you all of the map and since you get all of the map you deserve farming and herbalore

and since you need to do a quest for Herbalore why dont we give you all of the P2P quests and you get everything else that is P2P

So does that seem like enough updates for F2P?

kill3r_c0w.png

F2P do not need anymore skills end of story.

if anything they should take way some skills with all your complaining

its a good suggestion for F2P because lets see you get to use throwing knives you get to make throwing knives you get to make all arrows up to addy you get to make maple shortbows.

Hey while we are at it why dont we give you the ability to make yew long and short bows and to use them then put magic and maple trees in F2P

Since im on a roll lets give you all the magic spells to and the ability to craft all the runes.

But as you can see that The Death,Chaos,Nature, and Cosmic rune altars are in member teritory why dont we give you all of the map and since you get all of the map you deserve farming and herbalore

and since you need to do a quest for Herbalore why dont we give you all of the P2P quests and you get everything else that is P2P

So does that seem like enough updates for F2P?

lord , YOU got owned. and nah im good thx i dont like playing on motorways, ive seen the squashed hedgehogs.. now you little kiddy, go play in the mud

single_skill1135346235.png

lord , YOU got owned. and nah im good thx i dont like playing on motorways, ive seen the squashed hedgehogs.. now you little kiddy, go play in the mud

To Bad it wasnt Lord Mujis or other noobs who ask for to much when they have enough already that are on the highway

kill3r_c0w.png

lord , YOU got owned.

Let me get this straight,..

You flame an idea for f2p to have an alternative way of paying with:

"no, noob scroungers, pay for members."

If you ask me you either didn't read the topic or you didn't understand it, but you flamed anyway.

Then Lord Muijs gets flamed with a crappy "Lets make everything free" story which:

A- Has nothing to do with the topic.

B- Has nothing to do with what Lord Muijs said.

C- Doesn't even apply to Lord Muijs because is P2P.

Could you please explain how Lord Muijs got owned?

So please try to think before you post next time, ok?

On topic:

I think the idea won't work as there aren't many advertisers who would want to pay for meaningless clicks.

f2p skilltotal 1050+

I know i know your going to flame this all together but hear me out.

Fletching will be restricted to making addy arrows and tops making steel knives. To activate to use it, you have to click on 500 adverts, and then a following 100 each week, or else the skill will freeze. There will be a littke count in the skill menu [ 50/100 adverts for this week]

SUPPORTER LIST:

Gafgarion

comwizz2

heres why this idea wont work. what if somebody doesnt click the ad? if 100 people click the ads as you say, but 100 people dont click any, how could they make it an update for all f2p? and when the update is made, nobody will continue to click the ads.

membership is a monthy payment. if you dont pay, you go back to f2p

what you are looking for is a way to get membership without paying. it might work, but it wont be fair to make fletching an f2p skill any way you look at it. if you want fletching, youre gonna have to become a member. otherwise ppl who dont click the ads will benefit from the update and it will be unfair to those that clicked on the ads. it wont work

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

OK you people don't get it do you let me put this in terms you can understand

NO And Just Because Lord Mujis Is P2P that doesn't mean anything

If i Were JaGeX and i Had all you whiny baby's as People who don't pay but ask for stuff for free I would Take Runescape From F2P.

So shut up while you are ahead or you may find yourself losing instead of gaining just like RSC.

And No this wouldn't work I am not going to Click Averts Just to Spam My computer and get it full of grade A Viruses

But maybe you guys would

kill3r_c0w.png

Ok in members you get 6 extra skills, along with alot of other goodies and extentions which we can ignore for a minute. That means that each skill per month costs a little less than a dollar...so why not make it so that you can "Pay Per Skill"? That is, you pay a dollar or so each month to get a specific skill.

It would be limited to farming, fletching, and theivery, as the other three require the use of member territory to train, or even to start for that matter.

If you pay for farming, you get a basic level rake and whatnot, plus a few basic seeds (you can't get the higher leveled ones, and can only grow free world food).

As for fletching, you can make only up to iron arrows (maybe steel, but thats pushing it), and maple bows (we still can't cut em, but since we can buy em in f2p, might as well include it). Yews and higher are strictly p2p, meaning you wont get profit off of the skill, unless you make only arrows.

For theivery, you are still restricted to f2p world, so things like chests and certain NPCs are still off limits, thus restricting the player. Also, you can only get f2p items, no members items.

This not only lets people use skills they want at an afforable price, yet restricts the person to such a level that members is seen as the better alternative, and thus inciting them to join.

What the hell? i make a little post, saying that i love the concept of the idea, allowing f2p to have some member benefits while still paying for it (just in a different way) but that it just wouldnt work, and i totally forget about this topic. and now there are 2 idiots feeling very good about themselves flaming someone for no reason.

lets get one thing straight: i HATE "im f2p and i need more" topic. i mean i absolutely HATE them. i think tip.it should lock every single one of those topics. i just congratulate this guy for a lovely idea, too bad it wouldnt work, because he actually thought of a way to let f2p earn jagex cash, WITHOUT paying. and now you say im a nasty freeloader who wants everything? it looks like god wasnt really splitting things fairly when He gave us brains. he obviously forgot a few people :roll: .

after that you call me a noob, the ultimate sign of someone not knowing what to say to insult another. *sigh*, another one lost to the dark side, we cant save him now.

o and this:

if you think mindlessly flaming someone by putting words in his/her mouth is owning him/her, then yeah, by your standards, i got owned. otherwise, not really....

If theres one thing i hate more than "im f2p and i want phr33 st00fs" topics, then its "im p2p and i feel sooooooooo superior" posts, which is why i replied.

and no i dont like playing in mud, im way too old for that, sorry that i cant join you in your favourite hobby.

PS: thanks a lot jafnn, for covering my back, and for spelling my name right (i think your actually the first one to do that 8) ).

Ok in members you get 6 extra skills, along with alot of other goodies and extentions which we can ignore for a minute. That means that each skill per month costs a little less than a dollar...so why not make it so that you can "Pay Per Skill"? That is, you pay a dollar or so each month to get a specific skill.

It would be limited to farming, fletching, and theivery, as the other three require the use of member territory to train, or even to start for that matter.

If you pay for farming, you get a basic level rake and whatnot, plus a few basic seeds (you can't get the higher leveled ones, and can only grow free world food).

As for fletching, you can make only up to iron arrows (maybe steel, but thats pushing it), and maple bows (we still can't cut em, but since we can buy em in f2p, might as well include it). Yews and higher are strictly p2p, meaning you wont get profit off of the skill, unless you make only arrows.

For theivery, you are still restricted to f2p world, so things like chests and certain NPCs are still off limits, thus restricting the player. Also, you can only get f2p items, no members items.

This not only lets people use skills they want at an afforable price, yet restricts the person to such a level that members is seen as the better alternative, and thus inciting them to join.

there are 2 kinds of worlds. member worlds, and free worlds. for each type of world there are dedicated servers that you can log into. you cannot use member items on free worlds, and you cannot do member actions or visit member areas on free worlds

if you only pay for fletching, then you cant use your fletching items on a free world, since they are member items. you cant sell unstrung bows in a free world shop, for example. but your are not a full-fledged member either, so you cant log into a member server. this means that jagex will have to add partial pay servers in every city on the world select page. hundreds of new dedicated servers with limited member actions, simply for the handfull of people that only want to pay $1 or $2 per month

think about it. this is will jagex lose money. why would they want to do this?

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

A click counter? Interesting idea, not sure it would work though.

But its worth giving consideration for. So you have my support. Go ahead and add me to the list.

the only way this could work is if each person's clicks can be converted to member credits. so 20 clicks would mean 1 day membership, and so on. then you could click as much as you want and play as a member for as long as you have member credits. then you could "buy" more credit by clicking the ads some more

the only way this will work is if the clicks force you to either sign up for something or buy something. jagex only gets a commission from advertisers when people click through and actually make a purchase. and making a purchase is going to require a creditcard anyway. so you rather buy useless junk like an aol subscription or diet pills just so you can play for free? you might as well pay the membership fee...