Crossroads

archimage_a

I have no ideas what the hell that means. Could you explain what you want us to do? What ar ranks or whatever?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmk. I'ma do minecraft and study for my tests, so I won't be doing it today. On that note, gimme a poke if you wanna do Multiplayer. I'll keep an eye on the forums.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Hey guys, I recommend option 2.

Lots of neat backgrounds in the new PDFs.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Also I am free every day except next Monday, next Wednesday, and this Thursday.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I think I'll be taking option 2.

Probably 5 ranks of Assassin with the Sin Eater alternate, but I need to redownload the RAR after my laptop is fixed. Not sure if Moriat Reaper is rank 5 or rank 6.

Glad I took the advances I did thus far, I'll be potent in combat regardless of restrictions. Say hello to the party tank! :D

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I buy search and awareness for 100 exp each and cellular control for 375.

Edit: Guy, I've got a plan should we need to face that greater evil being of pure magic again. Hear me out on this:

I put on that armor I've got, cast cellular control to boost my strength up to 50, I drink a strength and weapons skill potion to add maybe 20 to each, making it 70 and 70, I charge at it for a 90% chance to hit and use swift attack to make that a total damage of 2d10+56. Now if I had a healer to aid me there, that seems to me like a really swift victory. Regardless of how strong it is.

Alternatively we could wait until I can purchase lightning attack, making the damage 3d10+84 per round as long as I keep hitting.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You can always dodge or parry melee or ballistics attacks quite easily, something that you can't do with magic.

Which is why I was a doofus yesterday for not attempting to dodge that energy band thing.

I'm fairly certain that thing is too big to be able to dodge, and since it doesn't have any physical weapons it doesn't have to manifest first, it shouldn't really be able to parry either.

Also you sure that dodging and parrying applies to natural weapons? I'm fairly certain dodging claws and jaws is harder than a sword or arrow.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

If it uses a weapons skill check or ballistics skill check, then it can be dodged.

And a weapons skill check can be parried.

Basically it doesn't matter how strong the attack is, which is why dodge and parry are useful investments (that I haven't bothered getting, whee). It is only impossible to dodge if it has an area of effect that is larger than your agility bonus in meters (or something like that), but other than that, you can do it.

You know, I'm really tempted to see how I can use the rulebook to maximize my damage potential...

EDIT: If I buy Lightning Attack and Crushing Blow then use Cellular Control to enhance strength and enter Frenzy, I have a maximum damage potential of 124 per turn using the multiple attack move without being under the effect of any external modifiers such as potions.

If I get Battle Rage and Counter-attack then successfully parry the opponent's attack, that becomes a maximum damage potential of 160.

I could become more of a glass nuke than a glass cannon.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

And the idea of this is to kill your teammates when you inevitably get possessed or fail a willsave? :)

The only magic involved is the Hammerhand, an abillity I only activate once before combat and the Cellular Control, which upon failing the obligatory Willpower to sustain it causes 1d5 of damage to me. Most of that damage is pure Strength bonus, with some ability bonus and the rest as regular melee roll. Seal Wounds does not seemingly cause corruption, so using that to maintain my health would be safe.

And since Frenzy also boosts Willpower, I'd be less likely to get possessed by the wisps, granted that the wisps weren't actually sustained by that psycher as it appears they were.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Minmaxing in Dark Heresy never goes as planned. I suggest you develop around a character concept and simple strategies rather than complex munchkinning.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

As ever building a character that can kill anything nominally means that there are less things to kill...Or the things that are there to kill you aren't easily destroyable.

I would also highlight that if you continue in the current vein then I would insist on people adopting the new system, simply because playing a game were the enemies have a max of 60 HP, and you can do 84 damage, as standard, is silliness.

The other alternative is to turn the Logis Deamonis into the new mooks, and then create some new creatures for the challanging encounters.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I said I was tempted to do it, not going to.

I can already do as high as 52 damage, with 42 as average in a single turn using Swift Attack, so it's not like I explicably need to.

And I'm not minmaxing or munchkinning, so far I've bought two non-combat skills, one regular combat spell and two spells that allow me to alter my body so I can do stuff like walking unharmed through a fire or fly past a trap.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I'm closing in on finishing my character, Archi. I'd like to talk in IRC at some point for convenience's sake.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Look good, I especially liked the skills =)

At anyrate, given that there is a number of outstanding things I need to do I am gonna make a list and people can contact me as and when they are free:

1) Mather's potions

2) Retech's Psyscience rolls

3) Nex and Earth's Catfolk Interlude

4) Check Alg's new Character

5) Give everyone not Retech a chance to do a bit of digging into why Drydark disappeared (Since Retech did, before concluding there was nothing to find)

If there is anything else please ask.

PS, if you see me using smilies that are not =p please tell me to stop. They are very annoying and I dislike them.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.