Ugune Seeds

Sportz

I need to get some more juju farming pots and I don't have any ugunes. What's the best thing to catch to try and get some?

Also, on a side note, are calquats worth planting? A friend told me they were, but they're almost 32k for a seed for 12k exp... not sure if it's worth it now (he told me they used to be about 1 gp/xp. Now, closer to 3 gp/xp.)

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

Firemaking in the jadinkos lair is the fastest way to obtain it. Remember to attract carrion/draconic jadinkos and ward off commons so you only get herb seeds.

1-2hours is usually enough to get a nice supply of ugunes that will leave you with pots for quite some runs.

Skiller11101.png

Firemaking in the lair to get seeds? This is the first I've heard of this. Would you mind explaining it?

Sportz.png

The Jadinko Lair is located in the southeast corner of Karamja. Inside the lair, long jade roots hang down from the ceiling. The rooms containing mutated jadinkos have jade roots that will curl and uncurl at random. Chopping the curled jade roots (required woodcutting level 83) will yield curly roots. To light the roots use them on dry patches - there are six of them in total in the lair. Two patches are located in each corridor leading into the Jadinko Queen's room. After lighting a fire you can add more curly roots to the fire to refuel it. Refueling the fire earns the same amount of xp as starting a fire from scratch.
-Taken from tip.it firemaking guide.

Basically you cut curly roots (you click once to chop it initially then again to collect the curly roots), add them to the fire pit and gain "favour" for each root cut and burnt. Make sure the roots you chop are curled, if you chop straight ones you wont get the proper roots to add to the fire. Once you get full favour (like 1000/1000, or it might be 2000 I forget atm) you go to the main room and collect rewards from the collecting table which is left of the queen when you are facing her. There are two options for collecting, cheaper rewards or more expensive rewards (something along those lines it's worded differently). I always pick the later because it gives best seeds.

Hope this helps!

It does, thank you =) I'll probably try that out sometime in the near future to try and get some more ugunes. Trying to get back into farming so I can get to torstols and (more importantly to me) higher levels.

Sportz.png

Its definitely worth planting calquats. You will probably end up profiting from farming herbs anyway so its well worth spending a bit of profits on calquats. You are also not 85 farming yet and cannot do torstols (which depending on prices can be more profit), so you had better off trying to get to 85 as fast as you can which also makes calquats a viable option.