Herblore on Bonus XP Weekend

Grandpa001

I've been away from RuneScape for about a year, so I've missed every update in the past year. But I would really like to get 91 herblore this weekend so I can assist effigies, and I'm really not sure about the best method to use. I have around 150M to spend, and I need some advice on what to make until what, as I have no idea.

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

1) get scroll of cleansing reward

2) make highest xp "useful" potion you can until you level up for the next one (e.g. no zamorak potions), maybe look at gp/xp calculators

3) use tip.it's calculator to find how many you need to make for level ups

4) once planned, buy/make unf potions BEFOREHAND

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

So..

67 - 72 Super Defence

72 - 81 Ranging Potion

81 - 91 Saradomin Brew

Would that work alright? Kinda scared to look at how much that would cost though... lol.

EnEx.png

So..

67 - 72 Super Defence

72 - 81 Ranging Potion

81 - 91 Saradomin Brew

Would that work alright? Kinda scared to look at how much that would cost though... lol.

Once you hit the level to start making untradeables, you should make only that unless you are very certain that you won't be doing much combat. Yes, they are very expensive, but you don't want to be running out of overloads when you are 99 herb, because then you have to pay the fortune then and get extra xp which is arguably useless unless you are competing for ranks/xp.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

What are untradeables? Extreme attack\strength\defence\magic\ranged?

I'm confused as to what you mean by running out of overloads at 99 herb would cost a lot - don't you have to make more anyways once you get low?

EnEx.png

What are untradeables? Extreme attack\strength\defence\magic\ranged?

I'm confused as to what you mean by running out of overloads at 99 herb would cost a lot - don't you have to make more anyways once you get low?

Untradeables are those in addition to special recovers, super antifires, super prayers (very niche uses), and overloads.

And I mean that you could get 99 right now on sara brews for pretty cheap. But then you wouldn't have any extremes, and so would have to go beyond lvl 99. Yes, this is an extreme example, but it should help you understand it better.

2435/2475

Ah, I got it.

So is it generally a good idea to try to make an even amount of those potions? Are special recovers, super antifires, and super prayers even necessary if I just want overloads eventually?

EnEx.png

No you don't need them for overloads. 500 each of super antifire and recover special is a good starting point.

As for extremes, 1k of each is a good idea. If you need more experience, strength and attack are best since you'll most likely use those more often than the other 3. You should plan on making at least 1k overloads.

As for super prayers.. meh, not really worth the pain it is to grind the bones.

2435/2475

Oh, I was under the impression that the only reason you make extremes is to make overloads. But you actually do use extremes sometimes?

Sorry, kinda behind the times with most skills.

EnEx.png

Oh, I was under the impression that the only reason you make extremes is to make overloads. But you actually do use extremes sometimes?

Sorry, kinda behind the times with most skills.

Yeah, most people use extremes except when they are bossing/brewing, since overloads aren't terribly cheap. Really depends on how rich you are and if you are willing to blow a bit to save some time while fighting.

2435/2475

About the overloads vs. extremes thing: extremes tend to be a bit better for things like hunting green dragons, but they quickly become worth it as monsters drop more loot and have higher defence. Frost dragons are borderline, all bosses and mithril dragons are pretty certainly better with overloads. Overloads also save a bit of space if you would normally carry attack/strength/defence/ranged potions (for example) and they are crucial for magic. Since the highest level boost for magic is +7, you will lose 1/7th of your boost every minute, versus only 1/26th for melee and 1/22nd for ranged.

I might add that overloads are very comfortable because you don't have to worry about repotting or stat drain.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It is a great idea to make some extremes before you reach 99 herblore as already mentioned, therefore you should consider making these when you reach 89 and stop at 91. Now you will have at least a stock of extremes, that you could safe up for making overlaods at a later point, or simply use them for pvm'ing. A note would be it is considerebly better to use extreme potions on example slayer tasks, unless you're very wealthy. At the same point they're quite good experience.

If anything should frighten you to not making extremes for this weekend, it would be that you would never gonna use these mentioned potions in combat.

Well, I went from 67 to 80 herb making super restores only :). When would be the best time to sell my super restores?

In a few months. Everyone right now is looking to buy all of the newly made potions for cheap.