how to transfer music from ipod to pc?

amyfu

Hi there, I have lots of music on my ipod and I need to transfer them all to my computer.But some of them were accidently deleted on my itunes.So can I still use itunes to transfer them to pc? Thanks guys!

This is actually fairly simple to do. One sec while I grab my iPod. Will edit this shortly.

First off, plug your iPod into your computer with the usb cable. Under My Computer, it'll be a Removable Device.

While in that, go to Organize (top left of the window) -> Folder and search options. Under the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives." Hit apply, okay.

Next you'll have a grayed out folder (this was the hidden folder) named iPod_Control (it was for me). Go into that folder, and you'll see another series of hidden folders. The Music folder contains more hidden folders labeled F00, F01, and so on.

In these folders are your music files. Even though they're named a combination of 4 letters (ABCD for example), iTunes will still read & rename them correctly when opened/added to your library.

That's all there is to it.

• Like 1

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

You could always just sync your Ipod to your computer, when I do that everything on my Ipod not on my computer goes to my computer and vice versa. Itunes refers to it as a backup...

• 4 weeks later...

Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think its easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.

But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

• 11 months later...

1. Connect the iPod to your PC. If iTunes starts syncing (ie erasing) your music automatically, hit the X in the upper right hand corner of iTunes display, to the left of the search box, to stop it.

2. In Control Panel, Portable Media Devices, double-click your iPod.

3. In the Tools menu -> Options, in the View Tab, check "Show hidden files and folders."

4. Navigate to the Music folder. On my 2nd gen 'pod, the full path is

Portable Media Devices\GINA'S IPOD (F:)\iPod_Control\Music

5. Select all the music folders, and drag and drop them into a folder on your hard drive, or directly into iTunes

I'm locking this since the question was already answered, and this topic was nearly a year dead.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...