Adblock prohibited?

Auror

Does a F2P player get banned when caught using a Adblock? I remember hearing/reading from somewhere, that when someone blocks the F2P ads, then the one gets perm'd.

True or Not?

I think they might be a bit more lenient on the adblocks now seeing as they have a new method of income through the SOF microtransactions, so you should be fine using it!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

In theory it is agaisnt the rules as it does hit their income. But in recent years ad revenue has become a much smaller factor on the web in general (because people are more tech/web savvy) and there is no way they can actually detect that you are doing it. So really it just comes down to a sort of moralistic choice: block the ads to avoid their annoyance OR be kind and (as a F2P) turn ad blocking off for the rs site so they can make some revenue off of you.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They still get money for the ad just refreshing though (At least I think they do, depends on their specific contract of course.) I find that if you're F2P, you should really disable adblock to at least give something back (Unless you're intent on not giving Jagex money, maybe because of SoF? :P)