70's

hitman76

As the title may have led you to believe, i am currently trying to get a few of my skills up to 70, and i would appreciate help with efficient training methods.

Agility (currently level 65): i honestly really dislike training this skill (thieving as well). i've tried everything from Ape atoll, Wilderness course, and even went from 64-65 on the agility pyramid but its painful the amount of times i fail the obstacles, so i have set myself a goal. to train from 65-70 i will be collecting 1000 agility arena tokens, at the rate of 100 per day. this would basically let me jump from 65-70. any suggestions as to how i can get this over with faster?

Thieving (current level 60): this is another one of those skills that i find oh so tedious and boring. i actually have no idea what to train on from 60-70 so im fully open to suggestions.

Herblore (current level 60): again, this is another one of those skills which im not entirely sure how to train properly. im willing to spend a good amount of money on it, but hope to also cut my losses a decent amount as well.

Construction (current level 56): this is a relatively straight forward skill, just need to get my hands on some cash.

Runecrafting (current level 57): this is a skill which im looking to make some cash with, to hopefully fund some of the buyable skills. open to suggestions (i was thinking Nats with the summoning familiar? or is there better money/xp?)

Hunter (current level 60): i think i got to level 60 hunting red salamanders in the mortanya swamps, but other than that im not sure what would be an efficient way to train this skill to 70, open to suggestions.

as always i thank you all in advance and greatly appreciate your time and comments,

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

Hi.

I'll let you know the ways I trained the following skills.

Agility - Stick to Ape atoll. Collecting tickets is slower and more boring, IMO. I split-screened and watched movies while doing Ape. Didn't find it too bad! Try using summer pies (they boost agility) so you fail less. Switched to advanced gnome at level 80. (needs 85 but I boosted 5 levels with the pies.)

Thieving - You could give Pyramid Plunder a shot, although the XP won't be very great. I pick-pocketed anything from master farmers, knights of Ardougne, and desert bandits till level 71. Then i switched to Pyramid Plunder. If you want to do PP with other players, try going to World 64.

Herblore - Take a look at this spreadsheet, courtesy of Grimy Bunyip.

Super strength potions are around 250 xp/hr and cost around 2.3m/hr, which comes to about 9 gp/xp. I did super attacks and other various potions during BXPW to minimize losses.

Construction - Oak larders till mahogany tables. Teak furniture is also an option.

Runecrafting - Putting things like penguin points, genie lamps, SoF rewards, etc on RC is your best bet. If you do choose to do runecrafting, take a look at another one of Grimy's spreadsheets here. I did air runes, laws, natures and whatnot for my levels. Do what you enjoy and doesn't bore you too much. :P

Hunter - Red salamanders with larupia clothing at the Ourania altar. An arctic bear familiar helps as well if you have the summoning level. (71) Switch to draconics at Herblore habitat when you hit 80 hunter. That's what I did anyway. :)

Have fun. If you have any other questions; ask. :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

herblore super attack pots, irit pot unf is extremely cheap atm, i personally bought enough to get 85 herb yesterday, instead of it costing 48m it cost me 34m, so yeah :mrgreen:

and construction i did teak tables to 70 because it has the best cost/xp ratio, as for the others i need to get 70 myself :P

iOwn.... (kinda)

2 year old account, Hoping to max before 3-year mark.
rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

1500 total, 2000 total, 2200 total, 2400 total, 2496 total, 2595 total.

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

thank you both very much for the responses, but i had a question about the ape atoll agility training. is it still worth it even considering the amount of times i fail at it? and also would you possibly know the average xp/h I'd be able to get out of it at my current level?

and for thieving as well, I did master farmers from 55 i think until 60, but i felt i was getting caught way too often for it to work :s am i just really really inpatient and its supposed to be like that, or am i doing something wrong??

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

It's fairly normal that you get hit that often by master farmers. Try doing some PP and see how you like that. I never seemed to have failed when I did Ape Atoll .. Try eating pies while doing the course. Good luck. :P

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Teak tables, and try using sacred clay hammers for construct :) although I just used sacred clay hammers and done oak larders to 70, I moved my house to relleka chopped the oaks outside portal and sent butler to the sawmill, didn't take too long either

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Construction - Oak larders till mahogany tables. Teak furniture is also an option.

It's worth noting that teak planks are sometimes lower gp/xp then oak, so defiantly check grimy's spreadsheet for that

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

i had a question about the ape atoll agility training. is it still worth it even considering the amount of times i fail at it? and also would you possibly know the average xp/h I'd be able to get out of it at my current level?

If you have the loyalty points spare i would suggest T1 sure footed. Gives you 20 minutes where you don't fail. It really helped when i was training at ape atoll.

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

For thieving farmers, make sure you use gloves of silence and the best Ardougne cloak you have, they really help a lot. With those I've pickpocketed 100+ in a row without fail, without them maybe 20.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It's worth noting that teak planks are sometimes lower gp/xp then oak, so defiantly check grimy's spreadsheet for that

that is true, just at this current time teak is the best cost/xp ratio, but it could change at any moment wuth the current rs economy, but overall 70 con wasn't too expensive, from 56 i think it cost me around 7m-ish, but i kinda cant remember :unsure:

iOwn.... (kinda)

2 year old account, Hoping to max before 3-year mark.
rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

1500 total, 2000 total, 2200 total, 2400 total, 2496 total, 2595 total.

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

With enough precision using the blackjack was the fastest way I've ever levelled my thieving. You'll never be caught with knocked out thugs and provided you're fast enough can pickpocket multiple times before stunning again. I believe I managed to get from 65 to 70 just doing that in a day.

thank you all for the responses. so far i've switched to agility at ape atoll and really taken Jeremy's advice on split screening, been catching up with some of my shows and its going by pretty fast :mrgreen:

as for construction, i will definitely refer to Grimy's spreadsheet, but more than likely i'll be saving that for last. still need to add to my cash pile :oops:

for thieving i've tried pyramid plunder before but its really annoying xp, and to be honest its not as good as i could with master farmers (probably because i'm doing it wrong lol) but i guess i'll definitely give another try at pickpocketing with the gloves and cape (thank you Quyneax, i had forgotten about those)

With enough precision using the blackjack was the fastest way I've ever levelled my thieving. You'll never be caught with knocked out thugs and provided you're fast enough can pickpocket multiple times before stunning again. I believe I managed to get from 65 to 70 just doing that in a day.

again i tried this as well for 2 levels, im sorry but i'm very picky when it comes to thieving because it bores me easily, and i found this incredibly annoying to "master the technique". i do credit its xp value though, its very good if you get the momentum going. but thank you though :smile:

i love it

it loves you too <3