Going mems, what should I do.

PolarBearBlue

I've been thinking and reading topics about going mems and I've decided I will in June and for three months. But the problem is, I have not a clue as to where to start. I read the New P2P Guide on it, but I'm still lost. With so much to do in mems, I feel like I can possible waste the time I spend there. So, I was wondering, what should I first do when I do upgrade my membership?

Notes:

When I do upgrade I was planning on doing at least the following skills/activities:

Fletching

Farming

Herblore

Runecrafting Chaos runes

Castle Wars

Barbarian Assault

*Check out* God Wars

I am 89 combat and I don't consider any of my skills very high.

Updatedskills.png

Also i am aware that the things I might be interested(minigames, etc.) is limited to me. But any quest or other suggestions would be appreciated.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

You should do the quest Druidic Ritual and train herblore. Then you can use the herbs you get from killing monsters to make useful potions, that you can either sell or use yourself, both works.

I personally find the thieving skill useful it's my favorite skill. But it's been forever since I was at level 1 but I'd say pickpocket men and train it that way. I like pickpocketing knights, since I like doing math, but I'm not sure if you will like it as well.

Now let me tell you about the most important thing you have unlocked. Access to other dungeons and train combat there. Brimhaven Dungeon, Taverly Dungeon and many other members only dungeons give you access to monsters that you can't fight as a free player, and they have useful drops, you can high alch all the metal items you get, and make some money off of that. I recommend fighting fire giants and greater demons in Brimhaven Dungeon, and if you're strong enough you could fight red dragons there as well. But always bring a lot of food, and some anti-fire potions while fighting them since their fire can hurt you a lot. Also ALWAYS bring antifire shield while fighting the red dragons.

And be sure to buy a lot of sharks, you'll need them to stay in one place to fight powerful monsters, hope I helped.

I've been thinking and reading topics about going mems and I've decided I will in June and for three months. But the problem is, I have not a clue as to where to start. I read the New P2P Guide on it, but I'm still lost. With so much to do in mems, I feel like I can possible waste the time I spend there. So, I was wondering, what should I first do when I do upgrade my membership?

Notes:

When I do upgrade I was planning on doing at least the following skills/activities:

Fletching

Farming

Herblore

Runecrafting Chaos runes

Castle Wars

Barbarian Assault

*Check out* God Wars

I am 89 combat and I don't consider any of my skills very high.

Updatedskills.png

Also i am aware that the things I might be interested(minigames, etc.) is limited to me. But any quest or other suggestions would be appreciated.

work on quests. Get them all done, only skill if it's to be able to do a quest. Then work on tasks. Getting a quest cape in 3 months would be a great and challenging goal. For money you'll want to do this...

Money making 101

Herb Runs

Without farming juju's or a scroll of life snapdragons are your best profit at around 23 k profit per patch, followed by toadflax at 20 k per patch. Once you get farming juju's and a scroll of life (and the greenfingers aura as high a tier as you can) those profits jump to 50 k per patch for snaps, 27 k per patch for toadflax. All in all you can realistically get in 4 herb runs a day minimum meaning 460-1000 k profit with snaps OR 400-540 k profit with toadflax. For a total of ~20 min worth of work.

profit/hour = 1.38 - 3 mil with snaps or 1.2 - 1.6 with toadflax (without and with farming juju/Scroll of Life respectively)

MTK

Take a look at grimy's daily profit spreadsheet for which resources to collect on the day you collect. His sheets can be found here. You'll want 1.35 mil in the coffers and 100% favour. Every 7 days go collect whatever is the highest %profit margin, redeposit the cash your citizens have taken and get your favour back up to 100% (teaks are the fastest way to do so I think?) At ~ 290% profit per gp your citizens take you're looking at 1.47 mil for the 525 k you invested (depending on luck with seeds in your maple nests).

profit/hour = 945000 profit for ~5 min of work -> 11.34 mil/hr

Dailies

Again, check grimy's sheet above for which dailies are worth doing. Personally I do battlestaffs in varrock, unf broad arrow and bolt tips from my slayer master, sand from bert on my way to buying the death runes from the mages guild, and seaweed from catherby. After that I use my wicked hood teleports to craft about 240 death runes (90 k) which for you will be less crafting (laws?) but still probably worth doing. Grimy's sheets have a profit per hour column for all of these activities except wicked hood so look there for that.

Do all of those activities while dungeoneering for a rapier and then frost dragons. Frost dragons at your stats will be around 1-2 mil per hour as well and much less frustrating than green dragons. Once you hit 74 farming you can start farming morchelli mushrooms for another 45 k profit every 4 hours for ~2 min of work or 1.35 mil per hour.

Farming level for toadflax or ranarr will be gained from quests. Mtk is unlocked from quests. Most dailies do not need them.

Welcome to members.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not to worried about combat unless it's a hinderance, not is money making really something I was thinking about doing, unless I really need to. But I'll try them all anyway. By the way, I kinda understood the first money making technique, but I am a bit lost on the last two. Can you explain a little more or give an example.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not to worried about combat unless it's a hinderance, not is money making really something I was thinking about doing, unless I really need to. But I'll try them all anyway. By the way, I kinda understood the first money making technique, but I am a bit lost on the last two. Can you explain a little more or give an example.

Manage thy kingdom is a quest, followed by royal trouble. You go to the island and do tasks to get approval, then deposit money into your coffers and your workers will gather resources which you can sell for profit. For more info look at the tip it guide.

Dailies are things you can do once a day for money such as buying death runes and selling them on the grand exchange. There's plenty of guides out there on them and the spreadsheet I linked shows the profit each one brings and the corresponding gp/hr.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Manage thy kingdom is a quest, followed by royal trouble. You go to the island and do tasks to get approval, then deposit money into your coffers and your workers will gather resources which you can sell for profit. For more info look at the tip it guide.

Dailies are things you can do once a day for money such as buying death runes and selling them on the grand exchange. There's plenty of guides out there on them and the spreadsheet I linked shows the profit each one brings and the corresponding gp/hr.

Thanks. It make more sense now, thou I probably have to do it to really understand it. Thanks again.

29386_s.gif