What to wear?

Rib7

Got about 10m, and want to keep about 3, for pots, food, runes etc,

Gonna do slayer, currently I bought torags legs and bandos boots, I want something thats good, but will also protect me,

Shield = d defender.

Weapon, help? and rest too :)

Rib7.png

Dragon Boots and the best RFD gloves you have are available.

Seeing as you cannot afford Bandos (Chestplate and Tassets) it is better to opt for "Cheap Barrows" such as Guthans/Torag's (Legs and plate), other alternative "low cost setups" include, V skirt + Rune Plate, Rune plate + Dragon Plateskirt. Black Mask/Slayer Helm are always going to be helm of choice.

Helm: Black Mask/Slayer Helm = 1m, if you cannot use black mask, Neitz or Berzerker helm

Barrows Chestplate = ~500k (seeing as you have torags legs, I suggest torags plate or guthans plate)

D Boots = ~200k (sell your bandos boots and get these instead)

Barrow Gloves (RFD gloves 10) = sub-120k Or a combat brace if you do not have access to High-tier RFD gloves.

For the weapon: A whip (on controlled) will provide good DPS and is low cost - 400k. But a whip is by far the most useful. I still use a whip and I am near-maxed combat and 92 slayer!

Ammy = Glory

Cape = Ardy Cape/Legends cape

Ring = Tokkul-zo/warrior ring (or berzerker*)/Ring of Wealth

*expensive

Slay using Super Atks and Super Strengths always and use good food, Monkfish/Sharks along with Bones to Peaches tablets until you get summoning for a bunyip.

Other misc slayer gear you will need include:

Initiate/Proselyte

A weapon with a good stab bonus (D Scim, Korasi)

Prayer pots.

A leaf Bladed sword (also has good stab)

Luck be a Lady

Dragon Boots and the best RFD gloves you have are available.

Seeing as you cannot afford Bandos (Chestplate and Tassets) it is better to opt for "Cheap Barrows" such as Guthans/Torag's (Legs and plate), other alternative "low cost setups" include, V skirt + Rune Plate, Rune plate + Dragon Plateskirt. Black Mask/Slayer Helm are always going to be helm of choice.

Helm: Black Mask/Slayer Helm = 1m, if you cannot use black mask, Neitz or Berzerker helm

Barrows Chestplate = ~500k (seeing as you have torags legs, I suggest torags plate or guthans plate)

D Boots = ~200k (sell your bandos boots and get these instead)

Barrow (RFD gloves 10) = sub-120k

For the weapon: A whip (on controlled) will provide good DPS and is low cost - 400k. But a whip is by far the most useful. I still use a whip and I am near-maxed combat and 92 slayer!

Ammy = Glory

Cape = Ardy Cape/Legends cape

Ring = Tokkul-zo/warrior ring (or berzerker*)/Ring of Wealth

*expensive

Slay using Super Atks and Super Strengths always and use good food, Monkfish/Sharks along with Bones to Peaches tablets until you get summoning for a bunyip.

Other misc slayer gear you will need include:

Initiate/Proselyte

A weapon with a good stab bonus (D Scim, Korasi)

Prayer pots.

A leaf Bladed sword (also has good stab)

Im wearing, Berserker helm, glory, whip, d defender, saradomin cloak, d legs, d boots, veracs brassard and ring of wealth, gloves just random ones( what are rfd? )

Rib7.png

Im wearing, Berserker helm, glory, whip, d defender, saradomin cloak, d legs, d boots, veracs brassard and ring of wealth, gloves just random ones( what are rfd? )

RFD gloves are the ones that can be bought from the Chest upon completing parts of the Special Quest "Recipe for disaster". If you haven't got any of them use a combat bracelet (it is better until you get gloves 8).

On further consideration, you should buy an obsidian cape as it provides very good (and cheap) defenses.

And if you are considering slaying, a black mask provides a 15% boost.

And guthan's platebody/Torag's platebody have better defences than verac's brassard and is only 30k more (guthans plate body is atleast).

Luck be a Lady

On task:

Black mask (16.6% boost to att and str)

Glory

Proselyte top/bottom

Dboots

Dragon defender

Whip

Beserker>tokkul zo>warrior rings

RFD gloves 8+>combat bracelet.

Off task:

Full void melee (10% boost to effective attack and strength)

Otherwise the same as on task

Upgrade to bandos and fury asap. Always use piety and super (extremes once you can make them) potions.

If you have Slayer helm (full) unlocked it would benefit you greatly.

RFD gloves are the best, I would work on getting those ASAP.

Fighter torso works quite well, with guthans legs (if you have full guthans for healing), if not DH legs.

Dragon boots are preferable to bandos.

Fury(glory).

The only barrows armour you should be using is veracs legs with a proselyte top until you can afford bands. Prayer bonus is much more important than defense in lieu of strength boosting alternatives.

In essence ignore everyone's advice but hedgehogs.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

As much as I would agree with this, Hedgehogs advice is really only applicable to someone with 70 prayer and has piety available. Considering the person in subject only has 50 prayer. Getting 70 would cost ~7mil. But yes Prossy + Verac Top is better.

Luck be a Lady

As much as I would agree with this, Hedgehogs advice is really only applicable to someone with 70 prayer and has piety available. Considering the person in subject only has 50 prayer. Getting 70 would cost ~7mil. But yes Prossy + Verac Top is better.

He should use his highest att and str prayers and prioritize getting piety.

He should use his highest att and str prayers and prioritize getting piety.

This. You should always be praying no matter what you're fighting and healing is always a better option than defense at the cost of not praying.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

There's a point where def>prayer because eating makes you lose attack turns, but you're not gonna encounter that while training. If you do, then you should use a protection prayer.

i use a regen bracelet since they are better than my current rfd gloves so far, i happen to like it

iOwn.... (kinda)

2 year old account, Hoping to max before 3-year mark.
rilo_kiley.png

Drops - LOTS! =P

1500 total, 2000 total, 2200 total, 2400 total, 2496 total, 2595 total.

99s in order: 99 herblore, 99 firemaking, 99 cooking, 99 strength, 99 Constitution, 99 Attack, 99 ranged, 99 dungeoneering, 99 summoning, 99 fletching,

i use a regen bracelet since they are better than my current rfd gloves so far, i happen to like it

You would be better off finishing off more of rfd to get better gloves then. They're still the best practical all around gloves in game and much better than the regent bracelet.

witchynosaur.png

You would be better off finishing off more of rfd to get better gloves then. They're still the best practical all around gloves in game and much better than the regent bracelet.

They're outclassed by goliath gloves in every stat.

But you need the quests to unlock goliaths :3

CNqWHdA.jpg

i find dhide or proselyte is seriously underated armour, but protects you reletivly well. Black dhide, prot melee, and your owning everything!

whip or korasi for wep, but thats just me

d boots and rfd gloves

glory

row or tzaar ring

slayer helm, if not, dhide coif (as i said, i find dhide is really good)

skill cape or ardy cape. if got fire cape, then use that =p

thats my set up, and i still swear by it today

=)

cwazy_casper.png

i find dhide or proselyte is seriously underated armour, but protects you reletivly well. Black dhide, prot melee, and your owning everything!

whip or korasi for wep, but thats just me

d boots and rfd gloves

glory

row or tzaar ring

slayer helm, if not, dhide coif (as i said, i find dhide is really good)

skill cape or ardy cape. if got fire cape, then use that =p

thats my set up, and i still swear by it today

=)

D hide is only good when fighting monsters that use magic and you wont find them much when training slayer, its def stats are terrible so don't say it protects well. Of course if you are using protect melee it will protect you, anything would in that circumstance.

Whip will outshine korasi in pretty much every instance, metal dragons are about the only exception. If you are not using slayer helm then you should be at least using black mask,no reason at all to ever use a d hide coif. Obsidian cape would be his best bet for now.

Assassin1357.png

They're outclassed by goliath gloves in every stat.

But you need the quests to unlock goliaths :3

The time spent unlocking them for ~1% increase in kill speed + the time spend gathering new pairs isn't technically efficient if you're just using it for slayer. If you're going to use them for other things (wfs in lieu of cmaul, corp to lower defense etc) then their relative value to a player increases to the point where they're probably worth having over rfd by a significant amount.

witchynosaur.png