Graphic issues with Runescape

Kimberly

wbEWz.png

[hide=Offensive language]pzyi8.png[/hide]

^ Examples of what happens without any repeating pattern while playing RuneScape as of today. This is aggrivating me to no end. Frequently blocks my vision, slows me down, and is just generally [bleep]ing annoying. Not using AA or bloom, 32-bit java. Clean install did nothing for me, neither did clearing my cache. halphalp

hzvjpwS.gif

Update drivers/Java?

Clean install already did the latest version, which didn't correct the problem. Tried updating the drivers, same issue. (THanks for the suggestion.)

Someone on one of the floors I had was mentioning they had the same problem, and someone joked that it was an anti-bot feature. We got a good laugh out of that.

hzvjpwS.gif

OpenGL/DirectX/Software?

DirectX. Game is unplayable in software. Can't run in OpenGL or DGsweeper won't work. (Crashes my graphics drivers when they both run at the same time)

It works one some computers with OpenGL. The problem it has is that OpenGL tries to display itself over transparent windows that overlay it (Including Skype popups) and the transparent/alwaysontop window tries to take back the spot on top.

In my spare time, when I get an hour or so, I've been doing probably one of the biggest updates to DGSweeper yet. Mind you, I can only rarely get on, and when I do it's not for long. However, a lot of problems, including the one you mentioned, should be taken care of. It'll also require a lot less CPU.

Sitting idle, DGSweeper 1.0.3.2, on my shitty PC, runs at 27% CPU. Bad, yeah, but that one's also got the absolute bare minimum specs for Windows XP (Specifically for testing). DGSweeper 1.0.3.3 (I may just call it 2.0) runs so smooth and so quickly that it rarely hits 1% CPU on that very same PC. It'll be so much lighter on your PC that hopefully you'll be able to properly use it on DirectX without crashing your graphics. ;).

You won't notice much of a difference in its visual design...

examplev.jpg

...but 99% of the changes are under the hood.

If you don't mind, what are your graphics specs?

09144a99bb.png

Switched the GUIs to be entirely object oriented (a lot faster and easier to manage).

Changed functions like...

_DGSweeper_Math_Format_Seconds(N){
H:=Floor(N/3600)
N-=H*3600
M:=Floor(N/60)
N-=M*60
S:=Floor(N)
Return H " : " M " : " S
}

...to...

_DGSweeper_Math_Format_Seconds(N){
Return (H:=Floor(N/3600)) " : " (M:=Floor((N-H*3600)/60)) " : " N-H*3600-M*60
}

...which is 2x as fast. Wouldn't seem like much, but when it calculates it every 50ms, it adds up.

Instead of it capturing and disposing of 2 bitmaps for the map and legend, it captures one and scans/crops it into 2.

The math functions I was using to position/draw it were fast on most modern PCs but caused bad lag on older ones. This was the main cause of the CPU usage. GDI+, each time it redrew the utilities, would retrieve and store the resource image dimensions. This was so if I changed corner/border/background/etc images, the DGSweeper would not need updating. It'd still draw properly. This has changed dramatically.

Previously the DGSweeper would...

• Get applet position and dimensions
  • Move the DGSweeper's windows based on RuneScape's position

...but now...

• Get applet position and dimensions
  • Now, because of the object oriented windows making it easier and faster, it only attempts to reposition it if it knows RuneScape has moved

It would show/hide the windows each 50ms, even if they were already shown/hidden (just in-case one was supposed to be shown/hidden but wasn't). Again, because of object oriented GUIs making it easier, they only attempt to show/hide if it knows that they aren't shown/hidden when they should be. For example, RuneScape wasn't shown a second ago but it's visible now... Show the windows that should be open. It won't show/hide again until the state/position of RuneScape changes.

I've updated the GDI+ library it was using to be a lot faster. Especially the functions used to display text.

I use a better/faster method of locating the RuneScape applet.

Everything is now handled in one object, _DGSweeper, where before there was _DGSweeper, _Resource, _Property.

The method it uses to confirm if a map is present on the screen's been changed and runs a lot faster.

The list goes on... :P.

Sorry for such a long post on your thread, Kim!

09144a99bb.png