Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JAMjE's blog of post-mediocrity!

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:JAMjE
I think I hit the print screen button at least 4 times yesterday but everytime I failed to paste it onto paint so no pictures this post I'm afraid!
After achieving 50+ in all skills besides summoning I decided to go for my next goal which is 60 prayer, but heaven forbid I spend money on this goal!
After checking the tip.it quest experience guide I figured out I could get a whopping 50k exp from doing a little post-quest Saradomin worshipping but I lacked a 6th Saradomin item.

I didn't have 70 range to wear the vambraces so I took myself to the mage training arena to get myself a lovely Saradomin cape, and then I went and gained like 3 levels in the blink of an eye!
I tried troll invasion for the first time and managed to complete all 20 waves, although the last 3 were tricky because I let dynamite blow up the supply stand! That brought me a tidy 23k exp too, and another couple of levels!
THEN, I noticed I could get a 13.5k prayed exp bonus from after one of the goblin quests, so I went and killed some spirits, travelled to a barren wasteland and buried some bones!
Spirit of the Summer or Spirit of Summer, I forget which, came next, and although I frustratingly had to buy more pouches because I sucked at the fight the first time, I comfortably completed that and went off to find the 15k prayer and farming bonuses, and of course the 11k attack bonus (Not sure why it's lower but hey [garden tool] I don't want to level attack anyway!)

With constant farming in between and with farming and prayer questing continuing today I estimate I'll be into the low 60s in prayer and could break the 60 mark for farming by the end of today!
I'm pretty hungover right now which is why this post, for me, is pretty tl;dr, but hopefully I'll get some worthy print screens today and I'll have a better post tonight or tomorrow morning!
Until then!

Posted Image

null and void

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Oh I didn't notice my blog was onto its second page already, I'm definitely a serious blogger now!

Ok so yesterday I was pretty hungover so I didn't get to play as much as I thought I would, and I also started some serious revision which will continue for like two more weeks so updates will not be as packed as they have been in the past.
HOWEVER, this isn't to say this blog won't be worth reading, heavens no!

Yesterday, straight after writing the above post, I did the ol' squeal of fortune and got a lamp, I whacked it straight onto prayer which got me this lovely milestone!

Posted Image

After more and more farm runs I also got the same level in the skill which I never would've conceived getting past 50! Thanks again to Pro Leecher who really taught me how simple and easy, and fun, farming is! Unfortunately, me being me, I completely forgot to print screen this milestone, or I probably did, but didn't paste it, which is frustrating because I genuinely would never have imagined me getting to that level!

The other big thing that happened yesterday was I noticed after buying some tree seeds, I had a cash pile of ~2k... I had about 500k worth of stuff ready to sell but I really was low on funds, but once again the HYT friend chat was my savoir, and this time, on a high from some staking victories, No Chaotics gave me 3000k! To him it may have been petty to change but to me that is an awfully large amount to receive as a donation, so I am forever in his debt!

Of course I took a screenshot of this because I want to shower him in the glory he deserves!

Posted Image

And unfortunately I didn't get much else done yesterday, other than finishing up the Varrock easy diary, and starting on the Falador easy one too, which I'll probably complete today along with all the other easy tasks in the game! I really should do some quests after that which will enable all the medium tasks to be completed before perhaps finally returning to slayer, but if I'm being honest, skilling is actually a lot more fun than I ever remember it being, especially with most of the HYT friend chat being so nice to talk to!

Posted Image

null and void

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:GregorDGrim
Three million donation is sweet. Very sweet.

Nice going with your farming levels - that's a skill that I just haven't gotten into yet.

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
I never really thought I'd get into it, and whilst I think the novelty is slightly wearing off, I still do really enjoy it and I think I've gone up almost 40 levels in under a week in the skill which for me is phenomenal!

I didn't play much yesterday and I'm slightly hungover today so spending time online isn't top of my priorities, especially as I have to tidy my house for a visitor later, but I'll see what I can get done.
Yesterday I don't think I levelled at all! I completed the Falador easy diary and did a farming run in whicn 4 of my 5 pineapple plants died... I think I'll definitely start paying the farmers to watch my crops now because that's like 18k exp lost out on yesterday! I also think farming for me now will consist of a daily fruit tree run, 2 tree runs and a herb/limpwurt run when I remember/ am not busy, so I'm looking at around 30-40k exp a day, and depending on how much money I make from other skills that could go up if I decide to plant more expensive seeds, yews for example.

Today if I play much I'll probably just complete more diaries and then see where I feel like going from there, but as I said I doubt I'll be playing much today, or really for the next 2 weeks which is a shame as I feel I'm really getting back into the game, but maybe it's best I don't overplay it! (Last weekend, Saturday and Sunday I played roughly 10 hours a day...)

Good luck with all your endeavours, and I'll try and post again tomorrow/tonight!

Posted Image

null and void

GhostKo
[ Display Name History ]

GhostKo

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • RSN:GhostKo
Very enjoyable to read. Engaged me throughout- I did infact make this account just so I could comment:) I found this blog through googling how to quit rs for my exams! But this blog kind of inspired me to take things in moderation: RS was not even fun to me anymore I was just addicted- with 8 exams coming up its time to take a step back for the next two weeks and get my head down- with my last exam on the 26th il be sure to start blogging when I have spare time throughout the summer holidays- thanks a lot: GhostKO

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Oh wow thanks GhostKo that means a lot!
I find Runescape more enjoyable in moderation, if I overplay it I tend to quit for a few weeks, whereas this way I just consistently play an hour or so a day and then some days I'll play more if I'm enjoying it!

Hello readers, I apologise for a horrible lack of posts over the past few days, but my next exam is on Tuesday so I've been prioritising pretty well!
I have been doing a few farm runs when I'm near my computer, although on Friday I didn't log on once!!
Yesterday I played a bit more, borrowed some Bandos Tassets and powered through a few slayer tasks, my 20th task from Summona is 101 Fungal Magi so I might not rush into that bundle of joy, but I am creeping ever closer to a slayer helmet!

Tears of guthix brought me 40 summoning as the last thing I did yesterday so now all skills are 40+! (I don't bother taking pictures of levels under 50!)
And yeah to be honest I've gained like 3 farming levels over the past 3 or 4 days but I really haven't got much else to tell you!

Yesterday I completed Fairy Tale part 3 which was actually quite a fun little quest, and it was all set in Zanaris so I did it all whilst getting my slayer task which was brilliant, and the reward wasn't too bad either!

I think today I'm going to buy some yew seeds because willows are becoming quite pointless and slow exp now, but I'll also have to stock up on cactus pines because I refuse to risk losing a 60k seed to disease/death!

Posted Image

null and void

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I
Yews can be quite heavy on the wallet, try maples.
Luck be a Lady

x S7ARZ
[ Display Name History ]

x S7ARZ

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RSN:x S7ARZ
A very good detailed blog, it's enjoyable to see how someone with such similar stats to mine approaches the game and their methods of training.
Keep it up and see you in Hyt chat :D
Check out my blog on my return to RuneScape here :)
Add me in game or catch me in Serpent Eye's friends chat

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
I'm writing this post now as I wait for some plants to grow for the Garden of Tranquility quest, and they're taking far too long!
Boris, thanks for the tip I wish I saw it earlier, the yew seeds themselves aren't too bad, but the cactus spines to protect them are ridiculous!
Hey starz, thanks for posting, tbh I don't have much of a game style I just try and enjoy how I play!

Earlier today I had the worst experience since returning to the game properly, and that was death.
Not only did I die twice whilst attempting Summer's End, I lost my wicked robe bottom and cape so all that runespan has been pailed into insignificance ):

I finally finished the quest, ran around the wilderness getting the bonus exps and a few level ups, but none worthy of a print screen.

According to tip.it the next quest on my prayer exp countdown is Swan Song, but first I needed to do Shilo Village, One Small Favour and Garden of Tranquility.
The first really wasn't too hard, but I forgot how tedious Osf was! After performing various menial tasks, or 'favours' I felt I'd earnt the 20k exp reward, which, after much debate, I decided not to put on prayer, and instead gained 4 summoning levels to 44. I think I'll use lamps on summoning from now on until I at least reach the 50 milestone.

This Garden of Tranquility quest should bring up 64 farming, and then my expensive yew tree run after might well bring up 65, so I'll have a nice picture to round off the night!

Tomorrow I'll be going into school for revision sessions so I really won't be playing much for the next two weeks, but I'll continue farming, and I'll hopefully just consistently get a level or 2 a day!

Posted Image

null and void

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Ok so yesterday, as I predicted in the above post, I hit 65 farming more or less as soon as I logged in!

Posted Image

It seems so long ago that I genuinely despised this skill and didn't have the faintest idea how to train it with any real speed, and look at me now, I'll definitely be hitting 67 today (I got 66 yesterday too,) and I'll probably attain level 70 farming by the end of the week, an accomplishment I could never have forseen just a week or two ago!

After those early levels I decided to continue questioning, completing swan song without much trouble before moving onto the spirit's of elid, again, very little trouble, and gained a total of 17000 prayer experience from the both of them, pushing me ever closer to a level up in that skill.
I'm not entirely sure why, but I really don't like do desert quests, there's something about the desert people that makes me wish they could sort out their own problems...

After some more revision and farming I decided I'd finally take on this slayer task of 102 fungal magi, and after spending ~500k on runes, I levelled magic to 73 and slayed the final beast, leaving me on a nice slayer point total of 320, only 8 more tasks until I can unlock a slayer helmet!
I predict I'll be gaining more or less one defence level every 1.5 tasks, so over the 8 tasks I predict my defence will rise from 72 to around 78, which in turn should only bring me up two combat levels, before I finally get 50 summoning, which will probably push me on to about 97 combat.

My next task is 160 turoths however with an exam today and 2 more on thursday I'm not too sure when I'll undertake said task, but I will continue to farm feverishly forever finding fewer forages? Well that alliteration must count as English revision right?

I think later today I'll update the front page of my blog a bit too, seeing as I think all of my goals have been completed, bar 50 summoning.

Up next I think I'm aiming for 70 prayer, 60 summoning and 80 defence all before my membership runs out on the 25th of June.

After that date I'm strongly considering runespanning in F2P for ~2 weeks to achieve my first level 99 in a skill ever, and then once I achieve it I'll resubscribe to members and bonfire my way to trimming that cape. The reason I've decided to bonfire in P2P is that bonfires are quite generous with their charm donations, but this all may change, I may in fact decide I want farming to be my first 99!

Speaking of which, time to log on, hit level 67, see how far I am from 68 and head off to school for this exam!

P.s Smashing Pumpkin's new album Oceania was released as a stream on itunes yesterday and I'm pretty impressed so far so if you like anything a bit alternative, give it a listen!

P.P.s I actually typed this about 7 hours ago but it wouldn't post so I saved it until now!

Posted Image

null and void

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
So yesterday followed much the same pattern as many of my other days, despite having an exam, I managed to continue my fine farming form and as my new goals suggest, I'm far from getting bored of the skill!
Running around the farming patches, bumping into fellow tifers along the way and harvesting the fruits of my labour is all I seem to be doing these days, however I did manage to squeeze in a few slayer tasks!
I finished my turoth task with relative ease, attempting to make friends with some process, but my kindness was not reciprocated!
I was then fortunate enough to receive a special task!
"Test this spray on 10 Zygomites," Chaeldar said, and I obeyed, earning a quick and easy 10000 slayer experience and 35 points, pushing me ever closer to the slayer helmet goal of mine!
After that she set me a real Zygomite task which sucked, but I did what I had to do and returned once more only for her to send me back to my one true enemy, the polypore dungeon and its mage inhabitants of the fungal variety.
It's not so much that I dislike them as a task, because they're easy and offer decent experience to both magic and slayer, but it's the fact I find myself spending ~500k per task on them, and this last task really did empty my coffers to breaking point.
On this task however, I did achieve two nice milestones:

Posted Image

Whilst I'm determined not to pass 100 combat before 1700 total, I have worked out a nice plan which should keep me at 99 combat before I train summoning to a substantial level, which means I'll give myself the time needed to skill to 1700.
Soon after that level I reached a lovely slayer milestone!

Posted Image

I'm fairly confident I'm on track to achieve 70 slayer before 100 combat too, which I think is damn impressive for someone of that combat level to have such experience in the slaying field!
I also levelled magic to an insignificant level in that task so didn't bother taking a snap for you all!
I returned to Chaeldar once more and was finally given a nice task, Fire Giants! Well I remember them being ok anyway, and with my bonecrusher, ~1500 prayer exp will be coming my way too!
I'm about to head over to the waterfall dungeon now to range these badboys so I'll hopefully pick up a level or two in that skill too!

P.s I hope you'll all have taken a look at the updated goals section on the first page, some of which are going to be quite challenging, but once I've achieved them, I'm going to have a serious think about getting a 99, so until then!

Posted Image

null and void

Blake
[ Display Name History ]

Blake

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • RSN:Biake
  • RSN2:Blake-o
Just wanted to say good luck, and this is the only non-DIY blog I follow every day, you have a good style :) Keep at it!

Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Thanks Blake, it means a lot that people are keeping track on my progress!

Yesterday was a day in which I should've spent more hours revising and less hours on Runescape...
That being said, in the few hours I did play, I really didn't get much done:
I did my standard farming runs, including an extra couple of herb runs for the cash, and I'm on the brink of 69 farming as I type this!
Then I headed off to the waterfall dungeon for my fire giant task, and whilst it was pretty slow ranging them, I gained 2 range levels, and fell in love with the dark bow! The speed isn't that great, but 2 arrows at once more than makes up for that slow firing rate!
A rune scimitar drop, 2 fire battlestaffs, some rune arrows and a load of fire runes made the task fairly profitable, and with my trusty bonecrusher, I earned just over 1500 prayer experience too! I certainly look forward to more fire giant tasks in the future.
After returning to Chaeldar, I was given the task of slaying 169 basilisks, another of my favourite tasks, but I think i'll stick to meleeing these because there isn't a safespot that I'm aware of in the slayer dungeon, and if I were to range and use food at the same time, the slow kills would force me to bank far too frequently. On the plus side, I should level defence in this task and hopefully get some nice drops! (My only ever effigy drop came from one of these, so here's hoping I get a repeat!)

Irl I had my core 3 maths exam today and it really couldn't have gone worse... compared to the relative ease of my M1 exam, it seemed like I was taking completely different subject... I'm still, somehow, on course to get a B, but I really need to up my performance in my core 4 exam next thursday, so if you see me online for a bit too long, tell me to revise!

Posted Image

null and void

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
I apologise for not posting yesterday morning, but I had an exam, and because of that, I didn't really get anything done rs-wise the night before, so I'll just fill you in on what little I did do, and also yesterday's events, which had a fair few excellent milestones for me!

So basically, thursday I had a maths exam, which went horribly bad... but then I had to start revising for my media exam which I had yesterday, which inversely, went brilliant!
Whilst on scape, I couldn't continue with slayer because I lacked the funds for runes to start my fungal magi task so I decided to go back to barrows! Thursday night was spent barrowing, and actually the first hour or two's play on friday was spent doing the same, but it seems this account's barrow luck is non-existant, as my dry streak reached ~50!
I don't mind too much because I gathered around 1000 blood runes which were used for my fungal magi task, and the bolt rack drops and some of the runes I decided to sell brought me up to ~500k cash pile, and I know 500k in like 5 hours play isn't anything to be proud of, but it was just what I needed to get me going again!

When I finally gave up on barrows last night, I finally went to do a long overdue tree run which resulted in a milestone I never thought would be possible...

Posted Image

I cannot believe my farming level is now the same level as my attack and strength, this truly is mind blowing for me considering two weeks ago I was level 22 without planting a single seed!

After that I gathered my magic equipment and head off to my fungal magi task and achieved this lovely level whilst firing away!

Posted Image

I'm tempted to take the advice in the friend chat and just alch to 80 because the polypore staff just seems so appealling right now, but what I did do for the first time on a fungal mage task was to pick up every drop, and I think I may have even broke even on the task, or if I did make a loss it would've only been ~50k so that's a nice bonus, however the task itself is still horribly slow!

The end of that task marked another landmark, and you know what they say about pictures speaking 1000 words...

Posted Image

That's right, 10 combat levels after completing smoking kills, I've finally achieved a full slayer helm, and had I not levelled summoning at all I think I'd be like 90 combat with a full slayer helm, pretty impressive if you ask me! I spent 400k on a focus sight after selling my dark bow (I was told to just stick to a rune xbow) and made it full straight away!

My next task is 169 basilisk, and the last time I had those I got a lovely effigy drop, so here's hoping!
I also quickly got 59 herblore at the grand exchange because I'm 2 levels off 1600 total, the first of which will be 66 slayer on this task, and my 1600th level will be a nice round 75 defence (which was why I got the herblore level) so that should be done within the first couple of hours today!

Posted Image

null and void

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Ok a quick update to end the night, and quite a big one too!
If you read the last post, this one won't contain any surprises, just one milestone level that I actually miscalculated before, and had to do a quest to ensure I got it next!
It turns out I was due to reach 74 constitution before 75 defence, and who wants 1600 total on a horrible number like 74?
Along came that quaint little quest called King's Ransom, and about 20 minutes later (it truly was an easy quest), I achieved this 75 defence and 1600 total... Me being a complete moron print screened and didn't paste... I am furious with myself because this was one of the main goals I set for myself and I have no proof of my achievement!

A few posts up I said that for me, 1600 total is what I consider mediocrity, so is that it? Is that the end of my blog?
Of course not, it's only going to get better, if tougher, from here!
Of course the aim of my blog was never solely to reach 1600 total, it was to record my progress as I climbed the runescape food chain at my own pace, and whilst others would've completed my goals in half the time I did, I definitely enjoyed these last 100 levels more than I have any 100 levels before, which only breeds optimism for the next century of levels!

I've still got an awful lot of goals to achieve on my first page before I consider starting any new ones, so this isn't really a huge update to the blog at all, it's just a key milestone in my adventuring, and it's a milestone that will not only recognise me as an adequate player, but a milestone that allows me to see myself as an experienced, worthy player of the game!

After levelling I went to a lesser demon task and made two new friends! I never know how long the friends you make on a slayer task are going to last, but they both seemed nice, and we were all around the same combat and total levels! (I edged the total level contest!)
What I noticed however was how balanced my account was for my level. These two both had about 8 90+ skills between them, yet were falling behind me in the overall levels race, and I wasn't too sure how to feel about that...

Sure having a 99 would be great, but at what cost? The cost of solely grinding one skill is losing touch with every other skill and at the moment my gameplay is dictated by whatever I feel like doing, whether it be a few agility course runs or a slayer task or even a barrow run. Grinding never has and probably never will appeal to me, so any 99 is a long way off.

What I'm currently 'grinding' you could say, is 70 range! 63 levels down, and probably 2 more coming from this kalphite task means I should have 70 within a few days, and can cross another goal off my list! Ranging tasks is a fair bit slower than meleeing them, but after much experimentation with msbs and rune arrows and mithril bolts and all sorts, I've come to the conclusion that I was told from the start, that broad bolts are the most cost efficient way of training range, with only runite bolts surpassing them in terms of range strength, so I'm content with my dps at the moment, and once I've hit 70 range, I'll move onto 80 defence and I also think I'll probably be reaching ~78 constitution in the process, all of which should be completed by next weekend, with hopefully 70 slayer coming too!

Posted Image

null and void

Blake
[ Display Name History ]

Blake

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • RSN:Biake
  • RSN2:Blake-o
Congrats on 1600 total, big accomplishment! :)
I know what you mean about not grinding skills for 99s and keeping them even, that's why my main is the way it is :P
Also for range, try out tune darts! They're cheap, and faster than anything you listed on lower defense things. Good luck!

Posted Image

JAMjE
[ Display Name History ]

JAMjE

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 476 posts
Thanks Blake, I've got like a week left until my month of membership runs out and I'm on track to have gained about 200 levels or more in that month which is great considering I haven't even been playing as often as I would've without exams.
Thanks for the tip with the darts too, someone was talking about those yesterday but I wouldn't know what counts as a monster with low defence?

Posted Image

null and void

T. Skill
[ Display Name History ]

T. Skill

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • RSN '07:tha sour
Congrats on 1600 overall first of all! I like your style of 'scaping (and blogging for that matter), keep it up!

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic
Damn, that blogging is something I never hang to... Well, that slayer helm before 100 cb, I got mine aswell ;)
Posted Image

Zzzuperman
[ Display Name History ]

Zzzuperman

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Zzzuperman
  • RSN2:Black Sim X
  • Clan:HYT
<3: