Kiting + Chaotic Uses

A_Gardener

I've heard 'kiting' used as a strategy, especially in the context of DG. What does it mean, how does it help and how would I learn to do it?

Also, what are the potential uses for the various DG rewards (specifically, chaotic weapons and shields). I only ask as I already have a rapier and don't know what to spend my tokens on. The only combat I do is DG/slayer, so I didn't expect that any of the weapons would be useful for me, but I would like to check anyway. I will end up getting them all, I just wanted to prioritise them.

I know kiting best from fight caves, you kite the 360s by attacking them, stepping 1 step away to make them use magic, then repeating. As you protect magic, you take no damage. Not sure how this relates to dungeoneering, but i've heard of trapping enemies behind other enemies to avoid damage which may or may not be the same thing.

As for rewards, the skilling ones are pretty good. Herb especially. I'm a huge combat enthusiast so i really want to suggest weapons, but nothing beats the rapier for what you intend to do. You should always use dragon defender for slayer so the shields are useless. (They're pretty useless in general anyway. :P)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Kiting is the process of attacking something and then moving away from it and then attacking it again like is often done in Sara GWD. Or for instance sidestepping could be called kiting - think how you would kill the 360's in the Fight Caves. It is often good to kite with slower weapons as then you lose less DPS - within the time you move away you may not miss an attack turn before attacking again.

Chaotic Crossbow - the best range weapon for many uses (not sure about this newfangled Royal xbow though) often used at Nex, Arma GWD etc..

Chaotic Maul - highest strength bonus (good kiting weapon). I think it may have been outclassed as a crush weapon by Goliath Gloves now but I'm not sure.

Chaotic Staff - as far as I can see not worth the tokens considering the alternatives e.g: Polypore

Arcane Stream Necklace - great for mage offensive bonus worth getting for only 30k.

Scroll of Life - useful if you farm a lot probably worth getting.

Chaotic Longsword - I believe it is the best weapon for Bandos GWD not sure apart from this.

The Shields - Not really sure about these I see them sometimes mentioned as viable alternatives to Spirit Shields but I'm not well up on which ones and where to use them.

There are probs people who know about this than me - but thats a quick overview.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Kiting is the process of attacking something and then moving away from it and then attacking it again like is often done in Sara GWD. Or for instance sidestepping could be called kiting - think how you would kill the 360's in the Fight Caves. It is often good to kite with slower weapons as then you lose less DPS - within the time you move away you may not miss an attack turn before attacking again.

Chaotic Crossbow - the best range weapon for many uses (not sure about this newfangled Royal xbow though) often used at Nex, Arma GWD etc..

Chaotic Maul - highest strength bonus (good kiting weapon). I think it may have been outclassed as a crush weapon by Goliath Gloves now but I'm not sure.

Chaotic Staff - as far as I can see not worth the tokens considering the alternatives e.g: Polypore

Arcane Stream Necklace - great for mage offensive bonus worth getting for only 30k.

Scroll of Life - useful if you farm a lot probably worth getting.

Chaotic Longsword - I believe it is the best weapon for Bandos GWD not sure apart from this.

The Shields - Not really sure about these I see them sometimes mentioned as viable alternatives to Spirit Shields but I'm not well up on which ones and where to use them.

There are probs people who know about this than me - but thats a quick overview.

Maul > CLS in literally any situation, where CLS > Rapier, just FYI.

#CLSsucks

CNqWHdA.jpg

Eagle Eye Kite has a hefty 14% magic soak to it. Combined with Ganodermic Armour you get a 67% soak which is useful at the Fight Caves for those who suck at prayer switching and also for soloing the Corporeal Beast (use them with goliath gloves while you wait for your 3-5 def lowering specs to kick in before switching to zammy spear).

This takes Jad's max hit with magic down to ~320 and Corps max hit with magic down to ~214, both are being much more manageable than their respective 970 and 650 alternatives with no soak.

That's the only shield whose uses I'm familiar with, its definitely not worth getting one before a rapier, scroll of life, scroll of cleansing, arcane stream, and then arguably rigour/ccbow/cmaul.

EDIT

had my information wrong.

However due to the extremely high magic defense stats on Ganodermic its still very possible to tank Jad and Corps magic attack with 67% soak.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Eagle Eye Kite has a hefty 14% magic soak to it. Combined with Ganodermic Armour you get a 67% soak which is useful at the Fight Caves for those who suck at prayer switching and also for soloing the Corporeal Beast (use them with goliath gloves while you wait for your 3-5 def lowering specs to kick in before switching to zammy spear).

This takes Jad's max hit with magic down to ~320 and Corps max hit with magic down to ~214, both are being much more manageable than their respective 970 and 650 alternatives with no soak.

That's the only shield whose uses I'm familiar with, its definitely not worth getting one before a rapier, scroll of life, scroll of cleansing, arcane stream, and then arguably rigour/ccbow/cmaul.

It makes jad's max hit 454 and corp's max hit 348, but it's not even as good as that looks, as the average hit isn't half of these anymore, but much higher. The soak only applies to excess damage after 200. A divine would be better.

I mean it certainly still has a use, but it's not as good as you say it is.

CNqWHdA.jpg

@Cheat: mostly right but maul is not a good kiting weapon per sé. The best kiting weapon for the 360s is one that attacks every 4 ticks for example (whip > cls etc.). And maul > cls for Bandos. Cls is good for pvp though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted