Torstol Farming

jijilentosm

I apologize for asking such an elementary question, but I'd like to know if Torstol farming is profitable as of now. I used to farm them regularly to great success, but I don't have any credible data on average yields, etc. and therefore I really can't estimate the expected profits. I'd appreciate some input from those who farm Torstols regularly.

Thanks. :)

Edit: I am 97 Farming and have Juju farming potions, etc.

Jijilentosmi.gif

Looks like they're the highest profitable herb to plant at the moment.

https://docs.google....hjWjlvdnc#gid=0

Of course, this is just an estimate and is prone to margin of errors to such things like:

-The med G.E price might not reflect the correct selling/buying price.

-Unlucky/Lucky harvests.

If you look at the top(of the spreadsheet), it automatically sets the variables of Scroll of Life, Farming Juju, and Giant Ent to "True". And if you look at the # of clean herbs sold, you'll see that you should be averaging an estimated 10.79 herbs per seed. I have no idea what math they used to come to this conclusion, but these are just some points of interest that I don't want you to miss when using Grimy's spreadsheets.

Anyways, that's it. Weird ending. I don't know why no one answered your question sooner.

I'd point out that the mention of Giant Ent is irrelevant to herb farming as they only work on fruit trees, belladonna and cacti; just incase it confuses the OP or others reading the thread into using them for herb runs.

I find Paul's spreadsheet far more useful for herb farming values:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuA_RiEopQW6dHY0d3FNUlBaQW40VW1JQWI0R2ZQRkE#gid=0

It gives you profit per run opposed to per patch (assuming perfect average yield of course), lets you input multiple runs at once and has variables that can impact Grimy's lacks namely remote farming spell and green fingers aura plus ability to toggle trollheim patch off if for whatever reason you are planning to herb farm without having unlocked it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Giant Ents just boost yield when harvesting belladonna, cacti and fruit trees. Similar to what juju does, but does not work on herbs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've farmed 4.7k torstol seeds post 99, and you will average around 45.5 herbs/run with juju. Use greenfingers, and you can expect an extra herb per run.

I would only farm torstols if you watch prices carefully and buy and sell at the right time. Otherwise, just go with snaps. If you aren't too concerned with profit and are more interested in profit, go with torstols.

If you plan on farming a fair amount, definitely get at least T1 greenfingers, especially for torstols.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I've farmed 4.7k torstol seeds post 99, and you will average around 45.5 herbs/run with juju. Use greenfingers, and you can expect an extra herb per run.

I would only farm torstols if you watch prices carefully and buy and sell at the right time. Otherwise, just go with snaps. If you aren't too concerned with profit and are more interested in profit, go with torstols.

If you plan on farming a fair amount, definitely get at least T1 greenfingers, especially for torstols.

"if you aren't too concerned with profit and are more intersted in profit" lol wut?

Also at mid 80s farming so far I am averaging about 38-39 torstols per run with juju and t1 greenfingers, just to add more detail.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

In that case with juju and t3 green fingers I average 47.03 herbs per run with slightly more seeds back the deaths. Snapdragon is currently ~147k profit per run and torstol are ~80k. This is based off a log of 1500ish seeds.

edit: this also assumes the scroll for seeds back.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvmaYguxb_sidGE1Y1phdGZjZC0weE9ZR255cUJfOUE

The first page is all anyone needs if they just want to see the profits.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items