*~*Lord Slayas's Pure F2P Quest For 1615 Total*~* 15/16 99s (111 DG)

Small update

94 crafting:

94craft.png

Been stocking up on some bones, and trying to get in as much cooking as I can. I did some thinking, and decided to focus mostly on cooking when BXPW rolls around. 20% extra for a slow skill like mining (which is for me around 30K/hr) won't be overly noticeable, maybe a 6K boost, but 20% on a fast skill like cooking (175K/hr) will actually make a fair difference. Still have 725K lobs banked, lol, only roasted about 20K of them so far.

one the best blogs i have seen (not only cuz my 99 str party that i forgot to vid and u got it :P) keep it up updated ^^

Thanks Ari, glad you like it :)

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Happy Halloween!

halloween2012.png

Meant to post this before BXPW started, but forgot :P

95 Crafting:

95craft.png

Already gotten a few more levels today thanks to the boosted EXP incentive, but i'll wait to post those till after the weekend is over.

I also did the holiday event, which I found very disappointing to say the least, and also the new F2P quest. While I am quite glad they didn't delete Doric from the game, I would have liked a quest that was closer to the original instead of something completely different. I also had to skip the cutscene, because even with lowest graphics settings possible, it wouldn't play. *shrugs*

You might also notice my screenshots look a bit different... it's because I am forced to play in Open GL graphics now. If I even try to play in Direct X like I used to, it permanently freezes at 50% loaded when I try to log in, or if I change it in game, my game crashes with a whitescreen. I miss my old school graphics, and the Open GL runs very choppy even with everything turned all the way down. :(

Nice blog Slaya.

Gl with your goals :)

Thanks Barto :D

o4qq.png

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Congrats on 95 Crafting! :thumbsup:

Personally, I haven't been able to run on anything but OpenGL for some time now. Welcome to the club! :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Had an extremely enjoyable BXPW. More then anything, it was a lot of fun to see so many people online at once :D Trained mostly cooking and prayer , and did both in groups, which was a lot of fun, especially since I'm used to them being solitary skills. So here's my update:

83 Prayer

83pray.png

84 Prayer

84prayer.png

85 Prayer

85pray.png

I also got 2.5m cooking experience over the course of the weekend, but not really sure when I should do screenies for a stat that is already 99 :P BXPW was definitely a success, not only because of how much EXP i managed to gain in such a short period of time (GF 30+ hours of my life XD) but because of how much it brought us all together, and how enjoyable it was to spend some quality time skilling with friends.

Congrats on 95 Crafting Slaya biggrin.png

I also have the same problem as you two, it's probably been around a month since I stopped playing in Direct X, to play in OpenGL sad.png And I always lagg in OpenGL too :S

-Med-

Congrats on 95 Crafting! :thumbsup:

Personally, I haven't been able to run on anything but OpenGL for some time now. Welcome to the club! :P

Is there a solid reason for why the other graphic formats no longer work? Is Jagex trying to phase them out or something? From what I hear it's a pretty widespread problem, and I find it pretty frustrating to not be able to have the game run/look the way I like...

o4qq.png

It was pretty cool having so many people in the friend chat over the weekend. And I don't think I'd ever seen so many TFS'ers on at the same time before...or maybe I was just on more than usual. :P

Congrats on the Prayer levels, and extra Cooking xp. :thumbsup:

I don't know if Jagex is trying to phase the other graphics formats out or not. Personally, I always figured it was because my laptop (and it's graphics card) are the better part of 6 years old and the problem was on my end, not theirs. And I'm using WinXP so I can't run the latest version of DirectX. Although it is kind of odd that software mode won't work any more.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Just found out that EOC is going to hit us all over the head in about 12 days... which means all my pending goals I needed done before EOC goes live have been taken off the back burner, so to speak. First of all, an update:

96 Crafting:

96craft.png

As per a deal I have with a friend of mine, when EOC is implemented, I will be focusing on Dungeoneering for a very long period of time. Which means, I need to reach 15m Range Experience and 99 Crafting in 12 days or less. I know he will not mind waiting a day or two extra, but it is definitely crunch time. I've been in worse situations, but its going to mean lots of playtime :P And definitely taking cooking and putting it on the back-burner again for the foreseeable future.

o4qq.png

Update time:

97 Crafting:

97craftp.png

Yeah, not quite the screenie I wanted. I got the level and accidently clicked on the skill, bringing up the screen. I thought the screenshot was taken before the screen loaded, but I guess I was off by a tiny fraction of a second :P Still, I don't mind, it adds a bit of variety since pretty much all my crafting screenshots are in the exact same place :P

Still working on getting my pre-eoc goals. 2.3m Craft Exp and 625K Range Exp left that I'm trying my darndest to get in a week or less.

*Cracks knuckles and cues the theme from Rocky*

o4qq.png

That's only...let's see...carry the two...328k Craft xp a day! :o Better start cuing up the theme songs to every montage movie ever. :P

98 Crafting:

98craft.png

So probably not going to make my range goal. I lost a whole day of playing due to some computer issues, plus things are a little wild at work at the moment. However, I still will be getting 99 Craft before EOC, as far as I know anyways.

Time: Monday, the 19th of November. I can't pinpoint an exact time, but probably in the afternoon. Will depend how far I manage to get it down before the 19th.

o4qq.png

Damn, man. I thought for sure you weren't going to make 99 Craft before the 20th. Early congrats! :thumbsup:

99 Crafting:

99craftedit.png

Awwwww yeeeeaaaahhh. Lol, 4 skills left till maxed :3 And since Eoc will be making some changes to skilling.... I think I might have an actual chance of realistically maxing everything (hence the new blog title). Mining and Dungeoneering, the problem skills for me, have been made attainable. So despite my dislike of almost everything else in EOC, hopefully some good will come of it.

Next stop, Dungeoneering.

Damn, man. I thought for sure you weren't going to make 99 Craft before the 20th. Early congrats! :thumbsup:

I find your lack of faith disturbing ;) (couldn't locate a vader emote, unfortunately)

o4qq.png

:ohnoes: Please Lord Slaya, forgiveness.

Good luck with maxing out. :thumbsup:

Congrats on 99 crafting and good luck with maxing. I'm always in F2p united, i'm not sure if you recognize my name. :P Just throught i'd throw that out there. :) As i was reading through some pages of the blog and saw you bought a yellow phat for 1.4m from that wedding profit was epic.

Been focusing on Dungeoneering lately, as much as I can. Really, really dig the fact there is no combat nerf, and the boosted Experience for smaller parties. I've been duoing most of it with Medieval Kid, but I've tried out 5:5s, and even did a few Dungeons with Isthatok, who put us all to shame with his epic speed :D

86 Dungeoneering

86dg.png

87 Dungeoneering

87dg.png

88 Dungeoneering

88dg.png

I've been having an incredible blast since EOC. I admit, I was very pro-oldschool, but Jagex managed to do something right. It is the first time in F2P Runescape where i actually can say I feel powerful. Dungeoneering now with fair exp rates is the most fun I've had in Runescape since I finished off my combat skills. I also like a lot of the added bonuses to skilling.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the many bugs & glitches that came along with EOC, and I despise training combat now, I find it incredibly annoying and tedious. I'm very glad that I maxed combat stats way before this. I will say it definitely seems like its more worth it to max combat then it used to be, though, thanks to all the perks. I also really think F2P shoudl have access to at 3 action bars (combat, skilling, dungeoneering) or at least be given a separate one for Dungeoneering.

Congrats on 99 crafting and good luck with maxing. I'm always in F2p united, i'm not sure if you recognize my name. :P Just throught i'd throw that out there. :) As i was reading through some pages of the blog and saw you bought a yellow phat for 1.4m from that wedding profit was epic.

Welcome to TIF! I do recognize your name from the friends chat actually :) And thanks, best of luck with your goals as well ;) Good ol' weddings, it's a shame they don't happen anymore, easiest money i ever made :D

o4qq.png

Grats on those recent Dungeoneering levels, that guy you dg with must be a pretty cool guy huh? :P

But in all seriousness, we got some pretty good times and floors over the past few days, one being that 9.3k in 3:36 for 87 Dg, even if 88 was a little slow.. those darn skeleton hordes :P.

Congrats on 99 Crafting again as well.. Just 4 skills left ;) better get mining ^.^

Time for the biggest update in my blog's history? Methinks so ;)

89 Dungeoneering

89dgs.png

90 Dungeoneering

90dg.png

84 Mining

84mining.png

91 Dungeoneering

91dg.png

92 Dungeoneering

92dg.png

A few Dungeoneering times I'm proud of :D

dgtime.png

gddgtime.png

dgtime2.png

dgtimes.png

dungtime.png

As some one else mentioned in another thread, I sure have been busy :P Still doing lots and lots of DGing, trying to get in as much as I can, as fast as I can, in case Jagex decides to nerf it again. It's a pain to have to work around the floors to make sure I don't get the Cursebearer as a boss too, but I can live with it for now.

I've got lots and lots of cooking done as well, might upload a pic soon to show the progress. My goals for the next week or two are 95 dg, 50m cook and 85 mining.

o4qq.png

From today's patch notes:

• Dungeoneering NPCs have been tweaked to hit a bit harder.
  • Dungeoneering skill doors now hit players a bit harder.

Good thing you got those DG levels while you could. :P

Been around a week, so time for another update. Not quite as large as the last one :P

40 Million Cooking Experience:

40mcook.png

93 Dungeoneering:

93dg.png

85 Mining:

85mining.png

My First Runite Ore! (Mined):

firstruneore.png

86 Prayer:

86pray.png

Been doing a lot of skilling like I normally do when I hit 92 in a skill I'm going for 99 in. Getting 85 mining was.... painful, to say the least. I still really dislike mining, but I will say it is slightly more bearable then it used to be. I really dislike dropping a resource while skilling as well, but I just wanted the level out of the way, so I went for the best EXP/HR i could get. I got 35K/hr on my worst hour, and 45K/hr at my best, averaging probably around 38K/hr. I heard its possible to get close to 50K/hr at the wilderness hobgoblin mine, but I guess i lack the focus :P

I immediately headed up to the runite ores to mine some, and was lucky to arrive literally at the moment they respawned. I mined them both, and both ores took less then 15 seconds each, which caught me off guard. I know there is a chance to get the ore every few ticks or so, but I was expecting 1.5 - 2mins+ per ore. It also caused some other miner to rage at me for taking the ore, which I found quite humorous. He claimed he was going to get on his main and "Kill you dead!", so I sat at the rocks for a good 10-15 minutes waiting for him, not even bothering to get armour or food. He didn't show. Made me laugh.

Well, all that's left of my immediate goals is a few Dungeoneering levels, 10m Cooking Experience, and 250K Range Experience. I guess I better get to it :D

From today's patch notes:

• Dungeoneering NPCs have been tweaked to hit a bit harder.
  • Dungeoneering skill doors now hit players a bit harder.

Good thing you got those DG levels while you could. :P

The update actually makes no difference whatsoever in regards to when I Dungeoneer. I take maybe.... 15% more damage? It's still not even worth picking up any food all floor, lol. Maybe it has more of an affect on people who aren't maxed in their combat stats, I wouldn't know, but taking an extra 500 damage per dungeon when you have over 5K health doesn't make much of a difference to me. So long as I don't have terrible luck on the trap rooms, I'm fine :P

o4qq.png

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Mining that first Runite ore feels good, doesn't it?

Here's my semi-weekly update :)

94 Dungeoneering

94dg.png

86 Mining

86mining.png

95 Dungeoneering

95dg.png

Done a lot of cooking as well, only 4m experience left to go on that front :P Given up on my Range goal though.... combat training in EOC is so awful... I just can't stomach it. Going to need to raise something else up a level in order to get 1555 total at same time as 99 Dungeoneering, not sure what it will be yet. Kind of had my fill of mining, and have been meaning to try out superheating using the action bar, so maybe Smithing.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Mining that first Runite ore feels good, doesn't it?

It does :P Rune Ore mining is actually quite fun, much to my surprise. I wish there were more high level ore spots in F2P though, so there was less competition.

Good luck bro. :)

Thanks ^.^

o4qq.png

Made some progress :P

50M Cooking Experience:

50mcook.png

96 Dungeoneering

96dg.png

A Jagex Typo

typoh.png

Been really occupied with getting cooking to 50m, so haven't had much time to level up my other stats. Pretty disappointed that Jagex trolled us by making only the first 2 presents F2P, but made the end prize buyable in F2P. Still haven't done the christmas event... still haven't really recovered from the fail and glitches of the rune mysteries quest, not looking forwards to the same happening again.

On a lighter note, you might notice I changed my name from L0RD Slaya to Lord Slayas. Have been waiting for the name to open up for over a year, and as soon as it did, I got FunOrbs and snatched it up. Still haven't really gotten used to it yet, but very much prefer it. Been fishing and training up my other 99 stats that are below 15m exp as well, should have a bunch of pics soon.

That's all for now, Merry Christmas everyone, in case I am not able to post here at that time :P

o4qq.png